AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima f - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 4 14.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 7.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 29.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 11.11%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 3.70%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-23, 09:47   Link #21
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Why do I get the feeling that a full story arc that took several novels just got truncated to 3 episodes?

The whole thing made me think of Swordmaster Sayaka.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2012-01-23, 11:01   Link #22
tsunade666

wow they finish galia arc in just mere 3 episodes. I can't under estimate JC Staff in trashing works. Even though watching it independently makes it looks a fine work...... just shutting my brain and forgetting to ask where did Saito's AK go >.> well he did get a pistol at least.
Old 2012-01-23, 13:06   Link #23
ookamigirl

The magic stealing thing was interesting. That mirror sure is useful.
Saito has a knack of being there when you need him.
Not the smartest one, but a sure a brave one.
Nice episode.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-01-23, 13:12   Link #24
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Why do I get the feeling that a full story arc that took several novels just got truncated to 3 episodes?
Basically because it did.

I suppose it was to be expected, given how much source material they are working with. To be honest, they didn't do it too badly. Quite a bit of plot detail was lost in the blender, but quite a bit of fanservice/harem elements were ditched too. I'd say that's a fair trade.
Old 2012-01-23, 14:22   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
wow they finish galia arc in just mere 3 episodes. I can't under estimate JC Staff in trashing works. Even though watching it independently makes it looks a fine work...... just shutting my brain and forgetting to ask where did Saito's AK go >.> well he did get a pistol at least.
Before anime aired: "Same director as first season! This could be good!"
Now: "............."

Thus, it has been proved that JC Staff's curse >>>>>>>> All.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-01-23, 15:35   Link #26
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, I'd agree that this season is already much better than the second and third. They still can't seem to get rid of the insanely overused breast jokes, but hey, they're replacing it with...y'know...stuff actually happening. Tiffania's triple Z breasts aren't the center of the show anymore (though with breasts that large, something's bound to develop a gravitational field around it and start revolving around them), but instead there's already been an interesting confrontation between two factions.

The relationship between Saito and Louise are played with but not overcomplicated like in some of the other seasons. I'm not dropping this season, and that's already a big achievement after Season 3.
Old 2012-01-23, 17:25   Link #27
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I'm not sure really sure how people can still blame J.C.Staff for the way the novels are being adapted given that the Story Planning for this anime was done by the original author himself. It seems to me that the real J.C.Staff curse is that they always get blamed for anything that happens in any show they're involved with, even if it's not their fault.
Old 2012-01-23, 21:19   Link #28
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I'm not sure really sure how people can still blame J.C.Staff for the way the novels are being adapted given that the Story Planning for this anime was done by the original author himself. It seems to me that the real J.C.Staff curse is that they always get blamed for anything that happens in any show they're involved with, even if it's not their fault.
Quote for truth.
Old 2012-01-24, 12:36   Link #29
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The overall episode has been enjoyable, but it was ruined for me by goody goody moments. When the first gunfire went off, in my mind I went "BAM HEAD SHOT!" but nope, just a shot in the thigh and he didn't even finish her off. And instead of killing Joseph while he was enchanting, he shoots the floor. And Tabitha not being able to get her vengence, meh...

Although, I understand the reasoning behind it all, but I woulda liked a little more realism in human behavior. But it's a Shounen so I shouldn't expect much.
Old 2012-01-24, 15:19   Link #30
relentlessflame

*Administrator

That's quite enough arguing about who should take the "blame" for this anime. The topic of this thread is Episode 3, so let's please get back to that. Future posts along this tangent will be deleted.

After reviewing the conversation again, most of it was just back-and-forth bickering that wasn't really on-topic or productive. 14 posts were deleted. Please use this thread to discuss Episode 3 going forward.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-01-24 at 15:31.
Old 2012-01-24, 19:24   Link #31
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

good episode for me... although it's too fast and I was hoping Joseph is their last boss.... looks like there will be another great enemy....
so looks like every void users will fall in love in their familiar... xD
nice pistol, anyway!! don't expect that...

Saito and Louise are really mature in this season... can't wait next episode.... the preview looks interesting
Old 2012-01-24, 20:52   Link #32
MarkFark

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
When the first gunfire went off, in my mind I went "BAM HEAD SHOT!" but nope, just a shot in the thigh
Sheffield used to control gargoyles, but then she took a- WHOAHOHO never mind
Old 2012-01-25, 12:01   Link #33
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkFark View Post
Sheffield used to control gargoyles, but then she took a- WHOAHOHO never mind
lol, I see what you did there
Old 2012-01-25, 21:27   Link #34
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
good episode for me... although it's too fast and I was hoping Joseph is their last boss.... looks like there will be another great enemy....
so looks like every void users will fall in love in their familiar... xD
nice pistol, anyway!! don't expect that...

Saito and Louise are really mature in this season... can't wait next episode.... the preview looks interesting
I thought the fact that void users are suppose to at least feel something for their familiar has been implied in the previous seasons.

The last few episodes seemed really rushed to me, but at least they toned down the fan service so it actually felt like something is going on (as in, not being overshadowed and using other means to advance the plot). Nevertheless, the way it was done is still okay (after all, I've seen worse).
Old 2012-01-26, 22:24   Link #35
godlystriker

I'm very dissapointed with this episode, actually more so than season 2 and 3...though I watched those all in one go so impression may be different.

And though I know they are trying to speed things up in this season, but they did not do it well. Joseph's death, is very sudden to be honest, he was flowing with confidence one minute, and the next he's dead because an ice shard...
Old 2012-01-27, 21:42   Link #36
Diveman

uh...ok I was kinda expecting the bad guy to die in any episode BUT the one where he actually does freaking something...

well nevermind, I like this new ZnT, I kinda feel bad for tabitha, she's so pure with her feelings and saito doesnt give a shit. Tifa is hot also...
Old 2012-01-30, 10:59   Link #37
Calca
Expressionless

I wonder why people blame the studio for what they have to work with. Is it the studio who decides if it's a 1 or 2 cour?

If it isn't, then it can't be the studios fault they have to shove 13 novels in the 13 episodes.
Closed Thread