AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-09, 14:18   Link #1381
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Not according to today's gamers!

They are hard to please.
Standards most defenitely have been raised in the past decade.
Old 2012-05-09, 14:20   Link #1382
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You can say all day long that communism can work too, but you're gonna have to prove it if you are going to convince the crowd.
What are you talking about? Just look at how awesome Cuba and North Korea are doing

*Joking*

Quote:
You don't like it, you don't have to play it. There are plenty of other games around, and your opinion is never wrong, it's just yours. And there are plenty of times when an opinion of a game changes much later, and you decide to pick it up.

Besides, knowing Blizzard, the game will probably be completely different entity a year from now.
You know I liked Starcraft and Warcraft but for some reason cannot bring myself up for Diablo.

Playing the BETA I almost felt bored by the time I got to the skeleton king so I'm thinking this game probably isn't for me. Granted I've played Ragnarok and other similar games like Spiral Knights but for some reason it's not clicking for me.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 14:34   Link #1383
Nixl

The beta was short and you did not get a lot of runes to play around with. However, for an introduction of the game I think it did a good job of showing off what the system can do. I am more excited for the potential additions to the game than anything else. Imagine a Dota mode or the like. Diablo 3 does appear to be a flexible game in that regard.

Ultimately, I think D3 is a game that will become better with difficulty and a full toolkit of abilities rather than the 4-5 they gave you in the beta. It remains to be seen.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 17:10   Link #1384
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not surprised if some got bored playing the Beta. It was good at showing the classes, potential of the system, and giving a peek at the story. Though with only a few skills and runes you couldn't play around with it too much. Can't wait for the game to come out and really get to see what some of these skills can do combined with the runes.
Old 2012-05-09, 17:26   Link #1385
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Not according to today's gamers!

They are hard to please.
Standards most defenitely have been raised in the past decade.
Indeed look at WoW, everytime a patch comes out which has any changes to a class or mechanics, people get mad.

Going to be fun to check out how the real money AH works out next week. Lots of high priced lowbie items I reckon.
Old 2012-05-09, 18:52   Link #1386
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

RMAH will not be usable until a week after launch iirc.
Since I can share equipment between my characters, I can see myself selling some of my valuable yet outdated junk on the AH. Who knows? Maybe people will be dumb enough to spend $8 just to buy a tier set of armor.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 19:04   Link #1387
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Oh really, I didn't know that, well then in a fortnight will be interesting to see.

I think people will be stupid enough to buy that, just because some will be newbies, and some will be impatient.
Old 2012-05-09, 19:08   Link #1388
Wigwams

others are just plain filthy rich. i didnt really carefully read the RMAH details, but dont you need like $1 to put up an item in the RMAH? i think that alone will cut out alot of junk items in the AH.

Auction House Fees
Before you post your auction, you’ll see any fees that apply to your listing displayed in the center section of the Sell tab. These fees will only be charged if your auction successfully sells, and will automatically be deducted from the item’s final selling price.
i guess you can auction as much junk as you want.
Old 2012-05-09, 19:47   Link #1389
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I think someone worked out that to be profitable you need to put up something that is worth >6.??. Else its better off to just sell it in gold AH and then convert the gold into money.
Old 2012-05-09, 23:33   Link #1390
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not surprised if some got bored playing the Beta. It was good at showing the classes, potential of the system, and giving a peek at the story. Though with only a few skills and runes you couldn't play around with it too much. Can't wait for the game to come out and really get to see what some of these skills can do combined with the runes.
Yup. While the Beta did a good job of showing off basic functionality, it was more for the benefit of the developers and programmers than the players, trying to stress test the program and net code. Also, some of the features aren't implemented in the beta, ex. gemstones and dyes.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 03:41   Link #1391
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

There's plenty of alternative for folks who don't dig Diablo 3 (which have gone in a very different direction in terms of it's previous design).

But 2012 is like the year of hack n slash rpgs. D3 is coming in a few days time, this weekend you get Path of Exile beta and Torchlight 2 release coming soon. Additionally, Grim Dawn manage to hit it's target funding from Kickstarter.

So there's something for everyone.

PoE is shaping up pretty nicely building on D2 aesthetic style with a combat system that looks like a hybrid of FF7 materia and FF10 sphere grid. It's also a F2P + cash shop business model so people should check it out when they can.

Torchlight 2 is going for the modding and LAN community, giving players freedom to tweak the game.

I'm probably going to end up getting all 3, torchlight is pretty cheap and PoE is free.
Old 2012-05-10, 04:06   Link #1392
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I'll probably play Torchlight 2 whenever the battle.net servers are down.
And since I play early in the morning, I expect it to be down quite often.

Or try out that new Summoner class in Dungeon Defenders.
Old 2012-05-10, 05:23   Link #1393
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I never tried Torchlight and have only heard about it from a friend when it had been released in Germany. I will definitely check out Diablo 3, but whether that's right away upon release or at some later time, I don't know yet. The changes of the stat system do sound promising from the link posted as does the crafting. Given that in D2 the Mana/Energy stat was pretty useless to push (except for a few points as sorc at the start when you counted to the unfortunate gamers without a fitting starter equipment ).
Either Monk or Wizard will be my first choice. I haven't been that fond of the Babarian in general, maybe due to the horror scenarios in D2 with whirlwind-ing in a group of monsters after you realized too late the Iron Maiden curse on you *lol*.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 12:55   Link #1394
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou
I never tried Torchlight and have only heard about it from a friend when it had been released in Germany.
Good game. Basically diablo with the seriousness level turned down. There's no other difference. Torchlight 2 should be improved version of the first one; can't go wrong there. It's good value for money too. The only defect it has is it's lore is very weak and that reflects in the aesthetic, characters and so on. Don't expect the 2nd to be that much better there, but they're moving in the right direction... who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I'm probably going to end up getting all 3, torchlight is pretty cheap and PoE is free.
Same here... (all 4), hopefully I can find the damn time to play them. (*looks at weekend schedule* god dammit! guess no PoE for me)
Old 2012-05-10, 15:26   Link #1395
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Why isnt today monday?
Old 2012-05-10, 15:27   Link #1396
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I want to buy and play this game but I just don't have the time and money for it right now
Old 2012-05-10, 22:19   Link #1397
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And as we approach the release date, I have discovered that I cannot access my battle.net account nor can I make a new one.

I can't remember my password and getting it reset asks me for a security question that I never set because, well, security questions didn't exist last time I played. My other option is to use a registration code from games that I don't have.

Fukou da.
Old 2012-05-10, 23:54   Link #1398
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And as we approach the release date, I have discovered that I cannot access my battle.net account nor can I make a new one.

I can't remember my password and getting it reset asks me for a security question that I never set because, well, security questions didn't exist last time I played. My other option is to use a registration code from games that I don't have.

Fukou da.
Maybe your account was stolen. Anyways, call Blizzard. Or submit a ticket.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 00:07   Link #1399
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Ever since my WoW account was hacked, on a raid night, with me being the MT.... (yes, a horror story of the worst) I've used authenticator.

Thankfully Blizzard was able to restore my character before the raid time.
I love Blizz.
Old 2012-05-11, 00:07   Link #1400
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Nah, managed to get it sorted out. Guess I had set that security question, though I sure as hell don't remember doing so.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler