AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-23, 04:58   Link #81
Ultragunner

^ yeah, I'm all for Ufotable taking charge of the anime cut scenes.

What I meant by Vesperia's style is the colour scheme.

IMO, it would be great if they keep the realistic body proportion of the characters (like in Xillia 1,2 and Zestiria) PLUS the anime-like tones of the real-time engine.

Spoiler for Zestiria:

Spoiler for Vesperia:

IMO, the colour work in Vesperia is more subtle and seems less "CGI-ish" compared to Zestiria.

Or perhaps it is because Vesperia in-game graphics look so much closer to its anime cut scenes than those in Zestiria do.
But if this were the case, then I can't blame them since it is Ufo setting the bar there

Or it is just me being crazy
Old 2015-06-23, 10:59   Link #82
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Ufotable has taken over the tales anime cutscenes since Xillia came out in 2011. They're here to stay for the longhaul for future tales games.
Old 2015-06-23, 11:07   Link #83
Shadow5YA

Regarding the game's style, Vesperia and Grace's style don't actually hold up as well as people think.

They certainly looked great due to the use of bright colors and some cel-shading in some parts, but in terms of animations, character actions were actually almost as limited as Abyss' models.

While it's true the Xillias have been... questionable as far as overall game quality goes, the amount of animations each character can do is a vast improvement. The Ludger vs. Victor scene for example is far more fluid than anything the characters of Vesperia or Graces have ever done in their (non-anime) cutscenes.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 10:51   Link #84
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Story setting revealed:

Quote:
Tales of Berseria is set in the Midgand Sacred Kingdom, a large power across the ocean that reigns over the continent.

Its vast lands and countless islands are organized into jurisdictions known as “territories.”

Even within the same kingdom, there is an extreme difference in temperature between the north and south, as well as great climate differences depending on the land.

The changes in climate also influence the culture, including different building structures and way of living depending on the territory.

In recent years, the world has been getting colder, especially the northern region which is getting buried in snow.

The Midgand Sacred Kingdom is a world where ship building and the art of sailing have advanced, and trade is actively carried out throughout various locations.

Because ocean currents and weather changes can be violent, trade ships use a specific route, and pirates aiming to steel their cargo appear frequently.

From snow-filled cities to summer islands, autumn leaves, and the setting sun, the diversity of situations have increased compared to previous entries in the series.

Protagonist

Name: Velvet
Sex: Female
Height: 170cm
Voice actor: Rina Sato

In the past, she had a plain and good humored personality, and was a girl rich in sensitivity and love for her family. However, she changed entirely in the wake of a certain incident that occurred three years ago.

Her smile is now almost eliminated, and she instead harbors the cold feelings known as anger and hatred.

With her original kindness suppressed, and her unexpectedly cold-hearted passion burning bright, she will soon become an existence that greatly shakes the world.
http://gematsu.com/2015/06/tales-of-...ng-protagonist
Old 2015-06-25, 12:41   Link #85
GDB

Most recent Tales games included zones with those themes. I fail to see how this is new and diverse?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 13:02   Link #86
Frontier

Velvet at least sounds very interesting as a protagonist, and I'm quite curious as to what happened to her that turned her into such a colder person .

And I think with those stats she's probably the tallest Main Heroine we've had yet. Milla's only a little behind her and is still one year older though.
Old 2015-06-25, 13:08   Link #87
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

so basically, Berseria and Velvet is a fucking Cross Ange rip-off with based female protagonist super alpha and badass Ange clone?
Old 2015-06-25, 13:12   Link #88
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
so basically, Berseria and Velvet is a fucking Cross Ange rip-off with based female protagonist super alpha and badass Ange clone?
Aside from being female, having a family that she loves (both of which are hard to come by qualities that basically make her a rip-off already, I understand), and now being a colder person (which, again, characters undergoing emotional stress and changing as a result of it is something we basically never see anywhere...), what exactly do the two have in common?
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 14:51   Link #89
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Aside from being female, having a family that she loves (both of which are hard to come by qualities that basically make her a rip-off already, I understand), and now being a colder person (which, again, characters undergoing emotional stress and changing as a result of it is something we basically never see anywhere...), what exactly do the two have in common?
alpha badass looking mofos with revealing clothes
Old 2015-06-25, 17:05   Link #90
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
every Tales games included zones with those themes.
ftfy

I don't think it's a problem though.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 18:04   Link #91
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Most recent Tales games included zones with those themes. I fail to see how this is new and diverse?
I guess more water being everywhere makes the difference. "shrug"
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 21:29   Link #92
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I'm guessing there will be more focus on the sea and more areas that have to do with water.
Old 2015-06-25, 21:34   Link #93
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
From snow-filled cities to summer islands, autumn leaves, and the setting sun, the diversity of situations have increased compared to previous entries in the series.
I'mpretty sure we have all of those in Xillia

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 19:14   Link #94
videoman190

The official (Japanese) site has been opened with new screenshots.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/06/...al-site-opens/
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 01:35   Link #95
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I'm guessing there will be more focus on the sea and more areas that have to do with water.
I am all for having sea battles with other ships; both for the story and/or sidequest related. Heck, they could even put you up against a Kraken, the Giant Squid, etc, etc.

A Mermaid as a playable character (like the NPC ones with legs in Suikoden 4) could also happen if they set their hearts to it.
Old 2015-08-26, 04:47   Link #96
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So no news on this game? Yeesh, they really did rush this announcement out the gate.
Old 2015-08-26, 05:43   Link #97
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Shouldn't that wait until TGS first?
Old 2015-08-26, 18:01   Link #98
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I didn't see this game in Bamco lineup for TGS either (from gematsu).. Might missed it though since I kinda skimmed it. I do remember that there's going to be some new information about Asteria IIRC

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 00:37   Link #99
Iron Maw
Banned

IIRC, Bamco stated awhile back that game was only 20% complete, so definitely sounds like a case of being announced too early if not at TGS.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-15, 03:37   Link #100
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

OH MY GOD, the new tales is Bloodborne!

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pc/steam, ps3, rpg