1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-25, 14:38   Link #41
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3killerloli's
I have a few theories about this episode:

The Logical Theory (or as close to logical as you can get in Higurashi)

Spoiler:

The Less Logical Theory

Spoiler:

The WTF theory

Spoiler:

One more thing, spoilers for the next archs theories and game:

Spoiler:

hmm
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-25, 14:40   Link #42
Mr. Guy

I submit my own theories based off I<3killerloli's format of "Logical", "Less Logical", and "WTF". These are all based off my initial impressions of the the latest episode, minus any TIPS and without knowledge from reading this thread

Spoiler for Logical Theory:

Spoiler for Less Logical theory:

Spoiler for WTF Theory:
Old 2006-06-25, 14:53   Link #43
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well what to say about this episode. hummmm WTF the only thing i am sure of anymore is that Higrashi will eventually give me a blood clot in my head. I am pretty sure that Keiichi is very dillusional at this point his eyes thorugh the entire episode were just creepy. I believe that that he did attend the ferstival everything else was in his head
Old 2006-06-25, 15:55   Link #44
Shizen

We see the whole thing from Keiichis point of view. So his strange eyes are maybe a delusion too
Wait, Keiichi, can't know, how his eyes looked anyway
Old 2006-06-25, 17:40   Link #45
Redbeard

First of all, I have to say that I really don't know what to make of the recent turn of events in this arc. Every time I start to sort things out, they throw one of those wonderfully insane plot twists that I like so much. It's kinda like trying to win a game of Battleship when your opponent keeps moving his ships between every shot .

But anyway, back to my point. I thought the issue with the two holes was fairly interesting. I suppose a spoiler tag would be appropriate for the rest of my rambling though.

Spoiler for My musings on the two holes and the events that night, obvious spoilers from the last two eps if it matters...:

Oh, and I, too, decided to research the two drugs last night after watching episode 12. I have to say, glad someone else thought of that too. I found the same thing that steelbound found out about the Isomytal/Amobarbital, but I also found an interesting article about Brovarin, aka Bromisoval. I highlighted the more interesting pieces of the article. The symptoms should all be able to be wiki'ed, I recall none that I couldn't find.

BROVARIN

Brovarin aka Bromisoval aka Bromvalerylurea

Three cases of chronic bromisoval intoxication: clinical symptoms and application of energy dispersive X-ray analysis (EDX) to detect bromine in serum, urine and cerebrospinal fluid.

Kurokawa Y, Fukatsu R, Takasaka Y, Chiba T, Yamashita I, Asano Y.

Bromisoval has been used as a hypnotic for the past several decades, and its abuse was known to cause various neurological as well as psychiatric symptoms. Three patients showed a variety of symptoms which could not be explained neuroanatomically: nystagmus, gait disturbance and hyperreflexia of the limbs in all the cases, dysarthria, double vision, hypotonia, ataxic gait and disturbance of consciousness occasionally and auditory agnosia in one case. For the purpose of determining the diagnosis, an energy dispersive X-ray microanalysis (EDX) was used to detect bromine. Five microliters of specimens were placed on the carbon-coated mesh, and using a TN-2000 analyzer, characteristic X-ray peaks of bromine were detected in the serum, urine and cerebrospinal fluid. The sensitivity to detect bromine in the serum was 30 micrograms/ml.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract
-Edit: I noticed that the link to the article didn't appear, so I removed the hyperlink and left it as text.-

I had some more thoughts on the drugs and theories relating them back to Watanagashi-hen, but I think I'll organize them a bit more first and post them later. Oh, and I also had an interesting musing on what could happen in episode 13 based on the reaction of the members that have played the game and some observations of the anime, but I don't know if it would be appropriate to post here considering the thread guidelines and, of course, the thread topic. I would like to bounce it off of some people, though.
Old 2006-06-25, 18:30   Link #46
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Spoiler for My musings on the two holes and the events that night, obvious spoilers from the last two eps if it matters...:
Spoiler for O_O;:
Old 2006-06-25, 19:00   Link #47
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
I had some more thoughts on the drugs and theories relating them back to Watanagashi-hen, but I think I'll organize them a bit more first and post them later. Oh, and I also had an interesting musing on what could happen in episode 13 based on the reaction of the members that have played the game and some observations of the anime, but I don't know if it would be appropriate to post here considering the thread guidelines and, of course, the thread topic. I would like to bounce it off of some people, though.
So the Doc plans to make K1 hallucinate... but what's the point when K1's already hallucinating, unless there's some strange reaction when mixing these 2 chemicals. A sedative perhaps?
Old 2006-06-25, 19:48   Link #48
LordAshram

Some speculation on what might have happened with Tomitake in each arc...

Spoiler:

And about that bat Keiichi used... He remembered to check for it in the locker, but he seems to have forgotten he also hid it in a hole in a wooden shed before he allegedly murdered Satoko's uncle. It's possible that it's still in there, and went delusional sometime before he thought he took it out again.

Last edited by LordAshram; 2006-06-25 at 19:58.
Old 2006-06-25, 20:00   Link #49
I<3killerloli's

But why? The killer lolis are seemingly less and less killer with each passing episode. Now everybody else seems to be in the mood for murder.
Old 2006-06-25, 22:14   Link #50
Killer Loli
baka desu

Send a message via AIM to Killer Loli
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon
Wow, this episode introduced us to the possibility of a doppelgänger. Originally, I believed that there had to be a logical reason (non-supernatural) behind all this, but I am not sure anymore. If there truly is a doppelgänger running around, it will definitely tie up a lot of loose ends. Although, that explaination would be a little too convenient.
First of all i'd like to say is i love this series, i mean each chapter could've been it's own 13+ episode anime.
Anyways i've always thought that these different arcs/scenarios/chapters were like divergent universes; they all have the same history, same characters, same everything, up until the beginning of each chapter, thats when the different decisions of K1 create different story arcs, reflecting how the original higurashi was a visual novel/game. But now with the introduction of doppelganger, it raises the unlikely but possibility that all these arcs are happening simultaneously in the same universe.

well thats my WTF theory, i mean its more logical to think that the girls are just trying to cover for K1's buttox (sry been watchn forest gump) and create an alibi for him, but wouldn't it be cool if all the arcs were happening at the same time
Old 2006-06-26, 03:55   Link #51
AzureFlux
faito

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-26, 05:13   Link #52
keke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo
Spoiler for O_O;:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-26, 11:27   Link #53
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

For my 2 cents worth on the drugs...

Spoiler:

Since I don't believe in doppelgangers....

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-26, 11:56   Link #54
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
What a mind-twister.

I've got my theories but they really likely won't apply.

Eagerly awaiting the next one because this asked more questions than ever.

The doctor is in on something.

Hive mind? Mass hipnosis? Mind control? Mental illness?

I just don't know but I'd met Mion & Co know a few things.
Old 2006-06-26, 12:19   Link #55
Chibi_Faerie
Challenging fate head on!

Mr guy's Logical theory is good, except for one thing that-

Spoiler for Takano's Death:

Either way... This arc is the most mind boggling yet for me. I swear this episode made my head go 'Kerpoof!'...

Last edited by Chibi_Faerie; 2006-06-26 at 12:31.
Old 2006-06-26, 13:04   Link #56
Azn_GooWakJai
Glory Raiden

Send a message via AIM to Azn_GooWakJai
basically this ep is the solution to the prob from the 1st arc. Soooo they are tying every arc bak in from the previous eps?? I mean there are 14 eps left.
Old 2006-06-26, 13:48   Link #57
Chibi_Faerie
Challenging fate head on!

I'm not sure, but I believe each of the arcs we have seen so far are the first 2 and now part of 3 question arcs. There is one more Question arc to go if I remember what I read correctly. Then There are answer arcs, which I think basicly are the arcs to clear up the question arcs and tie to them. But I think were only supposed to get the first 2. I know peoples explained this some where here before though.
Old 2006-06-26, 15:57   Link #58
diopter

That's correct: Studio DEEN will cover the 4 question arcs and 2 of the 4 answer arcs. The anime is currently on the 3rd question arc.
Old 2006-06-26, 19:01   Link #59
Jaruromania

Let's pray for OVAs.

And I think that there's a rational explanation for this, and no dopplegangers. If everyone was putting on an act in order to spite Keiichi or prevent Satoko from further mental instability, then Keiichi probably did kill the uncle, didn't go to the festival, and is having his mind messed with.

As for the body, someone could easily have moved it, or Keiichi possibly could have dug in the wrong place. After all, he was in a hurry when he was burying the body, and impusively dug a hole and put the body in.

As for Satoko's claims, the fact that she has already suffered so much and been abused that way means she likely could have been hallucinating her uncle's abuse that she claimed to have happened the day before. Or lying. And there's no visible burn marks from the "hot food thrown at her."

Or Keiichi could have just been hallucinating a great deal. But that leaves a lot of holes.
Old 2006-06-26, 19:04   Link #60
RMgX

I still don't want to believe in supernatural solutions so here I go
Spoiler for title:
Closed Thread