Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2017-12-01, 09:01   Link #1422
The Green One

Only when it doesn't benefit him.
Old 2017-12-02, 13:01   Link #1423
Key Board
Carbon

I had to double check if really posted this. He did (edit: this is Tokyo GMT+9 time), so it would be 9 AM US Pacific

The timing of this means Trump knew Flynn was lying to the Feds
That's it. You gave Mueller what he wanted.

Last edited by Key Board; 2017-12-02 at 13:12.
Old 2017-12-02, 17:37   Link #1424
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Seth Abramson said that the best thing Trump and the WH could do was not say anything about Flynn.

Ex-Obama DOJ official: Trump 'just admitted to obstruction of justice'

Matthew Miller tweets in response to Drumpf's:

"Oh my god, he just admitted to obstruction of justice. If Trump knew Flynn lied to the FBI when he asked Comey to let it go, then there is your case."

Last edited by OH&S; 2017-12-02 at 17:51.
Old 2017-12-02, 20:26   Link #1425
Valky
Radioactive

Why bother wasting a lot of money to investigate, when all you have to do is bait him hard on twitter ..

I guess there is indeed no limit to stupidity.
Old 2017-12-02, 21:32   Link #1426
The Green One

Just hand him a rope and chair and leave the room

Nature will do the rest.
Old 2017-12-02, 21:38   Link #1427
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Trump lawyer John Dowd drafted the president’s tweet, according to two people familiar with the message. Its authorship could reduce how significantly it communicates anything about when the president knew that Flynn had lied to the FBI, but it also raises questions about the public relations strategy of the president’s chief lawyer.

Two people close to the administration described the tweet simply as sloppy and unfortunate.

Several legal observers suggested that the tweet could add to Trump’s legal exposure in a potential obstruction-of-justice investigation.
"My lawyer wrote that, not me. FAKE NEWS!"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...879_story.html

Meanwhile, the Times reports

Quote:
[E]mails among top transition officials, provided or described to The New York Times, suggest that Mr. Flynn was far from a rogue actor. In fact, the emails, coupled with interviews and court documents filed on Friday, showed that Mr. Flynn was in close touch with other senior members of the Trump transition team both before and after he spoke with the Russian ambassador, Sergey I. Kislyak, about American sanctions against Russia.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/u...mp-emails.html

I found this comment by advisor K. T. McFarland stunning. I don't know why it isn't the lede for this story:

Quote:
“If there is a tit-for-tat escalation [between Russia and the outgoing Obama Administration] Trump will have difficulty improving relations with Russia, which has just thrown U.S.A. election to him,” she wrote. [Emphasis added.]
"It is not clear whether Ms. McFarland was saying she believed that the election had in fact been thrown. A White House lawyer said on Friday that she meant only that the Democrats were portraying it that way."

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2017-12-02 at 21:56.
Old 2017-12-02, 22:06   Link #1428
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I had to double check if really posted this. He did (edit: this is Tokyo GMT+9 time), so it would be 9 AM US Pacific

The timing of this means Trump knew Flynn was lying to the Feds
That's it. You gave Mueller what he wanted.
WOW!! Just wow!

And yet I have so very little faith. Trump will probably find a way.
Old 2017-12-02, 22:09   Link #1429
The Green One

It'll be interesting to see if the Pubs play politics and circle the wagons and support their lord and master or if they'll step back and throw him to the wolves.
Old 2017-12-02, 22:14   Link #1430
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
It'll be interesting to see if the Pubs play politics and circle the wagons and support their lord and master or if they'll step back and throw him to the wolves.
They will do what's in their best interest. Remember how some of the prominent Republicans publicly came out against him few weeks ago? They all voted the Trump endorsed tax cut. They are all suddenly okay with increasing the deficit which they consistently criticized Obama for.
Old 2017-12-02, 22:17   Link #1431
The Green One

How many of them do you think actually read and understand the tax bill? Not many I'd wager.
Old 2017-12-02, 22:20   Link #1432
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
How many of them do you think actually read and understand the tax bill? Not many I'd wager.
They will vote on anything that says "tax cut" in it. You're simply programmed to cut taxes when you're a republican.
Old 2017-12-02, 22:37   Link #1433
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
With that twitter admission, I want to believe that something will actually happen... but I'm at Boy Who Cried Wolf phase- we've seen so much other stuff that I simply don't see another legal charge doing anything against Trump. He'll just deflect it, say FAKE NEWS or anything else that will push this to the side.

Granted, as much as I dislike the guy, I'm still one of those crazies that would see him remain in office, for two reasons. the first is that I don't think anyone is paying enough attention to Mike Pence, who is a True Republican. The second is as has been discussed before, opening the gates for Impeachment now would have an unforeseen impact into the future, where someone could yell "Impeach the President" from either side and lead to an insane shitshow.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2017-12-02, 22:42   Link #1434
The Green One

Do you really want to show Trump that he doesn't have consequences for what he does?
Old 2017-12-02, 23:48   Link #1435
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

It's a very tough quagmire- on one hand, it's time for our Commander-in-Chief to pay the Piper. But on the other hand, if he gets impeached and fired, it would allow either side of Congress who doesn't like a Future President to raise the charges, and then the position would become extremely lame-duck, maybe even to the point where whoever gets elected would be removed within less than two years. Certainly, in this specific case, I agree it's a good thing. But suppose we elect someone who is doing good for the majority of the country's citizens but irritating one side of Congress- suddenly they yell IMPEACHMENT, and we come to a standstill

Now,, all this is of course hypothetical and looking long-term. More immediately, people need to realize that everything we're doing with watching trump will need to happen if Pence takes over- at least Trump kept the Republicans busy with keeping him under control and thus divided their attention. With pence, the Republicans will become laser-focused on their goals, and I'm pretty sure Pence would say nothing about how he'd be planning to screw us over.

The tl;dr version here is that no matter what happens, we've been screwed since the Primaries ended and will continue to be damned until the next Presidential election occurs... and even then, after the mess 2016 was, I'm losing hope that anything in the future will be set right.

Old 2017-12-03, 01:22   Link #1436
Valky
Radioactive

Dude, it's not like it's the first time everybody calling for impeachment for presidents. It will happen to both side when the other one is the president. Republicans were calling to Impeach Obama quite a lot of times. So did Democrats when Bush was in charge.

My point being, it's already shit show anyway.
Old 2017-12-03, 01:40   Link #1437
The Green One

Half the reason Trump gets up to the shit he does is because people let him. It's no wonder he thinks there's no consequences for what he does because so far there hasn't been. As long as that continues he'll merrily continue to act the way he has been. He won't change because he doesn't want to change.

All we're doing is just enabling him.
Old 2017-12-03, 01:52   Link #1438
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
The second is as has been discussed before, opening the gates for Impeachment now would have an unforeseen impact into the future, where someone could yell "Impeach the President" from either side and lead to an insane shitshow.
If impeaching Clinton for lying about a blowjob didn't do it, impeaching Trump for various degrees of collusion, treason, and/or covering up said collusion won't do it. I mean, one is asinine and the other is legitimate.
Old 2017-12-03, 02:13   Link #1439
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Which again is why although I want to believe that Something Will Happen... let's just say that it'll instead just get pushed to the side as Trump and the Republicans come up with their next "It's Hillary/the Democrats fault that this is happening! Blame them!"

Old 2017-12-03, 02:56   Link #1440
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Just hand him a rope and chair and leave the room

Nature will do the rest.
I wish it was as simple. Unfortunately, he may just not even know what to do with a rope all alone in the room.
Closed Thread