AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week's episode?
* 2 1.46%
** 5 3.65%
*** 26 18.98%
**** 62 45.26%
***** 42 30.66%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-17, 12:49   Link #461
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Not really.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-17, 13:15   Link #462
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
Not really.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-17, 13:17   Link #463
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
Not really.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-17, 15:44   Link #464
piccolo
Anime Fan

I'm not going to use spoilers because all the sources that I am using with Nina and Arika's idendity came up in previous episodes.

If anyone remembers, Mashiro was found by a thief. Not some lady servant, as that is who Rena handed her child to. Mashiro was placed there by some third party.

How Nagi knew that she was not the real princess disturbs me, unless he was involved in placing her there in the first place.

No, Nina is Rena's daughter. Remember the drowning experience? It was clearly Rena's face she remembered. Because she remembered, it placed Nina at the castle during the attack.

But the mystery is the song. Each of the three know the same song but different stanzas. Why is that. What commonality do they share?

However, there is one thing that I find interesting. Remember the pendant Rena placed around Arika. In episode 14 it did not contain the stones. However, when we see Rena in episode 1 sending Arika off, the stones were encased within the pendant.

I don't think it's a mistake, but I am curious as to why.

Last edited by piccolo; 2006-01-25 at 17:03.
Old 2006-01-17, 16:28   Link #465
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

If you take a look at 14 again, you will see the gems within the amulet. Look @ 11:41, you will see them clearly.
Old 2006-01-17, 16:41   Link #466
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo
If anyone remembers, Mashiro was found by a thief. Not some lady servant, as that is who Rena handed her child to. Mashiro was placed there by some third party.

How Nagi knew that she was not the real princess disturbs me, unless he was involved in placing her there in the first place.

No, Nina is Rena's daughter. Remember the drowning experience? It was clearly Rena's face she remembered. Because she remembered, it placed Nina at the castle during the attack.
I'm not sure it does directly - looking at the cap below, it just looks like Rena (although it might not be Rena) is looking over her - but it really could be anywhere - I mean there isn't a burning castle in the background to place her there. Plus would a ''baby'' be able to remember??

Spoiler:

Btw, someone once said that wasn't the Queen next to her - how is that a maid - what maid has gold on her uniform hmmm.
Well anyway, if the old granny was correct (and yeah of course she might be lying, most of the characters in Otome are a bunch of liars, but just for the sake of believing her), that baby isn't Rena's daughter and we've seen nothing of Rena's daughter, in fact a direct ''look'' of Rena's daughter was conspicuously absent in episode 15 EDIT: Whoops, episode 14 (maybe she has purple hair ) )

My theory: I'm not convinced Arika is the Princess, nor Rena's daughter - is it not possible that Mashiro is sent down the river with the pendant, found by thieves - who take the pendant but return the Princess (for whatever reason) And "Granny" may or may not be a part of that; she sees the Sapphire and thinks the baby must be the daughter of an Otome (which she isn’t). Overall, yeah that would make Arika a simple 'no-one' (or maybe a ‘someone’, judging Miyu's responses to her)

As to Rena/Nina, they don’t look alike to me, but it would depend on who pappy was, and how Nina came to be a street orphan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless
If you take a look at 14 again, you will see the gems within the amulet. Look @ 11:41, you will see them clearly.
I think Piccolo means between the two pics of the baby, one which was shown in ep 1 and the other in ep 14. I'm more inclined to take episode 1 as 'stable reality' and this old lady flashback as a bit more dubious. It could be an art error, they messed it up with Tomoe's sleeve in ep 9 too. I think I've seen the pendant look like it's without the GEMs before, maybe it's upside down heh?

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-01-17 at 19:04.
Old 2006-01-17, 16:55   Link #467
Retsoor

>> but it really could be anywhere

I'm convinced that the child on the river is Nina. The woman looks exactly like Rena - and I doubt there's another person who looks just like her in the series - her arms are outstretched (as she is lowering the cradle on to the water), there is foliage above her, there is a full moon and she has a sad expression. Granted, they're all little things but I think that's a few too many coincidences.

As to how the locket got switched to Arika, beats me. Maybe her 'grandma' wasn't entirely honest with her, which is actually pretty clear, considering how much she seems to have known and how little Arika knows about herself.
Old 2006-01-17, 17:33   Link #468
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
Actually it seems that the possibility that she is evil has been bandied about in the last few threads. That is what I was addressing.
Kinda like the 'Arika/Sergay' thing eh? ^^

Y'know, I'm gonna retract my earlier statements that placed me against Erstin. After careful mental review...and some sleep, I've come to a slightly different conclusion and it hinges on what we know of Erstin. I believe that Erstin sincerely wanted to help Arika through her troubles with figuring out if she would choose 'love' or 'duty'. It just so happens that Nina also 'luvs' Sergay too. By encouraging Arika to go for Sergay, she's in a sense 'betraying' Nina's interest in Sergay as well, thus with the 'Gomen, Nina' at that point. I don't think that most girls would feel all together 'right' about setting the friend/rival of their best friend with a person that their best friend also likes as well.

I think that Erstin believes that she's doing this for Nina's 'long term' benefit (as well as her own -shh- ). Heh, and you heard Ers-chan, saying: "it's rare having only the two of us around, so let me cuddle you a bit" - 'Dormei version'. And lookie there, Nina didn't offer much resistance, even less than what Natsuki put up to Shizuru in MH. And Nina calls her 'Ers-chan' as well. (Don't worry Preston, your Nina/Erstin pairing is still in the running. for now. ^^)

Now as for why Tomoe was around when Arika and Erstin were talking? Tomoe knew she had to get Arika OFF campus anyway for the plan to work so ... wouldn't take much from Tomoe to spin a web of words on Arika to get her going.

Well, that's the conclusion I came up with on this. *bows* bash gently...
Old 2006-01-17, 18:54   Link #469
USCPharmacist

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo
I'm not going to use spoilers because all the sources that I am using with Nina and Arika's idendity came up in previous episodes.

2 pendants.....dun dun dannnn

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-01-17 at 19:02. Reason: No need to quote the entire post.
Old 2006-01-17, 19:38   Link #470
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Kinda like the 'Arika/Sergay' thing eh? ^^
Well yes...and that still makes me shudder violently.
Quote:
Y'know, I'm gonna retract my earlier statements that placed me against Erstin. After careful mental review...and some sleep, I've come to a slightly different conclusion and it hinges on what we know of Erstin. I believe that Erstin sincerely wanted to help Arika through her troubles with figuring out if she would choose 'love' or 'duty'. It just so happens that Nina also 'luvs' Sergay too. By encouraging Arika to go for Sergay, she's in a sense 'betraying' Nina's interest in Sergay as well, thus with the 'Gomen, Nina' at that point. I don't think that most girls would feel all together 'right' about setting the friend/rival of their best friend with a person that their best friend also likes as well.

I think that Erstin believes that she's doing this for Nina's 'long term' benefit (as well as her own -shh- ). Heh, and you heard Ers-chan, saying: "it's rare having only the two of us around, so let me cuddle you a bit" - 'Dormei version'. And lookie there, Nina didn't offer much resistance, even less than what Natsuki put up to Shizuru in MH. And Nina calls her 'Ers-chan' as well. (Don't worry Preston, your Nina/Erstin pairing is still in the running. for now. ^^)
I'd have to agree. Although she's bonded more with Arika, I still think her heart is with Nina and she's doing everything she can to try to spare her. Nina's interest in Sergay is quite creepy and I think Erstin knows that nothing can never really come of it. Sergay would never allow it. I think, to some extent, Nina knows it too and won't admit it.
Old 2006-01-17, 22:03   Link #471
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
so....

Does this episode confirm that Arika is definitely the true queen? And Mashiro was suppose to be the daughter of Rena?
No need for spoiler tags, as those things did happen in this ep.

It's still NOT conclusive that Arika is the true queen.
And Sergay would need a smack in the head if he believed that old woman's story without looking for more evidence.

If Arika is indeed the queen's daughter, then Rena's daughter is most likely Nina.
Since Nina had a flashback of Rena's face when she drowned.

Now, since Rena was an exceptional Otome, whoever her daughter is must inherit some of her talents.
So it's either Arika or Nina, as Mashiro doesn't seem to have exceptional physical abilities.
Old 2006-01-17, 22:10   Link #472
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
Now, since Rena was an exceptional Otome, whoever her daughter is must inherit some of her talents.
So it's either Arika or Nina, as Mashiro doesn't seem to have exceptional physical abilities.
You forget her 'queenly' SDs.

And this begs the question : Was Rena a Windbloom royal or not? Seems most likely that she was at least the Princess if she had the Blue Sky Sapphire.
Old 2006-01-17, 22:19   Link #473
Eclipze

Quote:
Whats SDs? (I have no idea_
Quote:
And this begs the question : Was Rena a Windbloom royal or not? Seems most likely that she was at least the Princess if she had the Blue Sky Sapphire.
Well, this might complicate things abit then...

If Rena = king and queen's daughter, that means the real princess = auntie of Rena's daughter.

Thats not too much of a problem I guess...personally Im the uncle of 2 cousin-(um, male version of neice). Both of which are 1 and 2 years older than me respectively.
Old 2006-01-17, 22:50   Link #474
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:

I don't know what SD is.

Rena didn't start out having it, she inherited it when she became a Meister, Erstin said so in ep. 14.
So she's probably not from some noble family.

After she retired, she was most likely holding on to it until a successor arrives.

--------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
If Rena = king and queen's daughter, that means the real princess = auntie of Rena's daughter.

Thats not too much of a problem I guess...personally Im the uncle of 2 cousin-(um, male version of neice). Both of which are 1 and 2 years older than me respectively.
The queen is shown in Sergay's flashback in ep. 2, standing next to Rena, they're both about the same age.
Old 2006-01-17, 22:52   Link #475
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
I don't know what SD is.
If I recall correctly, SD = super deformed....
Old 2006-01-18, 08:00   Link #476
Eclipze

Quote:
The queen is shown in Sergay's flashback in ep. 2, standing next to Rena, they're both about the same age.
Well, I just just saying that IF Rena is the daughter of the king and queen, her daughter would be the neice-of-the-same-age as the princess, since that would make Rena and the real princess sisters.
Old 2006-01-18, 13:11   Link #477
kuro_neko

Possible Plot Hole Episode 14 (spoilers)

I noticed in episode 14 on several ocassions that when Arika is looking at the Azure Sapphire of the Blue Sky it has both of the gems in it. If I'm not mistaken didn't those come out when she made her contract with Mashiro-sama, only to be taken by Miyu to be examined to see if they could annul the contract? Miyu hasn't been back, other than a visit with Shizuru in this episode, so why would they be BACK in the Gemstone?

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-01-18 at 13:14. Reason: Threads Merged. There's an entire thread for episode 14 discussion.
Old 2006-01-18, 13:26   Link #478
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuro_neko
I noticed in episode 14 on several ocassions that when Arika is looking at the Azure Sapphire of the Blue Sky it has both of the gems in it. If I'm not mistaken didn't those come out when she made her contract with Mashiro-sama, only to be taken by Miyu to be examined to see if they could annul the contract? Miyu hasn't been back, other than a visit with Shizuru in this episode, so why would they be BACK in the Gemstone?
Miyu only took them off, it didn't say she took them with her.
Old 2006-01-18, 20:21   Link #479
Solitaire

I really thought the old lady that Sergay visited looked a lot like Mai..

The screencap that supposedly resembles Rena also looks a bit like a Mai with long hair. It's probably just me but it seems her hair and eye color seem to resemble Mai's more than anyone else...=/
Closed Thread