Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-04, 14:31   Link #141
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Scary thing is that you can see her pantsu even when she is standing still...over milking if you ask me :/
Yeah it is. Why even bother wearing skirts if you can see the whole thing all the time o_O.

The animation seems plain and boring as well. ~_~
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 15:03   Link #142
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
That sounds nice.
Though I want to point out that it's stereotypical for weak guys to become stronger/badass as the story progresses.
That's still better than staying nice and weak all throughout the series. Well, we'll just have to see how contrived it's going to be I suppose.

As for this show, while the premise seems so harem-ish to a fault, the quality still looks good. But I'm not sure if it's only limited to this first episode, or if this will remain up to the very end.

I guess I'll be giving this the usual 4-episode test run.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 16:43   Link #143
ThoHell

Just watched ep 1. Was quite enjoyable. Definitely looking forward to watching more of this series!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 17:03   Link #144
-Nyu-
Yozora

I just finished vol.10 of the manga and also read the entry of the 1st episode on Random Curiosity.
Personaly I'm afraid that they'll turn this show into a fanservice heavy one. Would be a shame as the manga isn't that by far. But so or so I've decided not to watch the anime before I've read at least blog entries of the first 4-5 episodes. If it's really focused on fanservice then thanks, if not I'll take a look. However when it totaly sticks to the manga I see no reason to watch it.

Ah, as for the manga, I've heard chapter 40 is the final one. Is that true??! If it is that'd be a really unsatisfying end..
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 17:08   Link #145
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu- View Post
I just finished vol.10 of the manga and also read the entry of the 1st episode on Random Curiosity.
Personaly I'm afraid that they'll turn this show into a fanservice heavy one. Would be a shame as the manga isn't that by far. But so or so I've decided not to watch the anime before I've read at least blog entries of the first 4-5 episodes. If it's really focused on fanservice then thanks, if not I'll take a look. However when it totaly sticks to the manga I see no reason to watch it.

Ah, as for the manga, I've heard chapter 40 is the final one. Is that true??! If it is that'd be a really unsatisfying end..
I haven't read the manga, but I think you hit it right on the nail about the fanservice thing. Not saying that it wasn't amusing, it was completely entertaining to me. So ecchi....actually not really, but there was enough.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 17:09   Link #146
Midonin
Last Engage

Vol. 40's not the final one. There's a Season II (aka Volume 11, it just picks up where Vol. 10 left off) for R+V too.

As for the fanservice thing...with Kurumu being the next character to be introduced, we'd best be prepared for a lot of fanservice.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 17:15   Link #147
-Nyu-
Yozora

The thing with the fanservice for me is that it can destroy really good stories (and I think that Rosario Vampire has a good story, in the beginning as mentioned a bit slow but later pretty good).
I remember Umisho, I enjoyed the manga but when I saw the series, fanservice en mass, I was totaly pissed andd stopped watching. Fanservice may be a nice add, but not overdone..

Quote:
Vol. 40's not the final one. There's a Season II (aka Volume 11, it just picks up where Vol. 10 left off) for R+V too.
A season 2? Does it has a different name? Cause I can't find any information on it..
Old 2008-01-04, 17:17   Link #148
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
No it is still the same title, just switching magazines.

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 17:37   Link #149
-Nyu-
Yozora

And when there'll be a new chapter? The last one was released back in October or so I think.
Old 2008-01-04, 18:56   Link #150
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Spoiler for episode 1:
Old 2008-01-04, 18:57   Link #151
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
You can see the panties without even a low camera angle. That's too much fan service. Daisy duke skirts!
I read over chapter one again and guess what? NOT A SINGLE PANTIES SHOT. All done by Gonzo themselves. Fanservice is good once in a while, but not when it becomes distracting and irritating. It's the same thing with those over-sized melons in Dragonaut. I can never take that show seriously (Even though the plot is finally starting to pick up). Oh yeah, some corners were definitely cut, but its understandable. Since they have to fit everything under like 25 minutes >_>. I just hope that Gonzo will get some complaints and tone the fanservice down(I know the chance is kind of slim, since they trying to sell this show with fanservice).
Old 2008-01-04, 19:10   Link #152
Sassarai
Army of One

Yeah fanservice + serious storyline like Boobynaut just seems weird.

Ive read the manga as well and I wonder how much more fanservice we'll get when the Succubus girl shows up haha.

The animation doesnt feel lively. Everything is plain and I don't like the school uniform colors
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 19:16   Link #153
changeup

What should I say about this episode? Actually I thought (like many others rightfully so) I was wathing a season finale... too much tension, drama, and a confession in the middle of it!!! And how many times we see the pants... (can't count, more than 10 I think) anyway, interesting series, and I will always give a series at least 3 episodes. Let's see what we will get in the next.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 21:42   Link #154
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
I read over chapter one again and guess what? NOT A SINGLE PANTIES SHOT. All done by Gonzo themselves. Fanservice is good once in a while, but not when it becomes distracting and irritating. It's the same thing with those over-sized melons in Dragonaut. I can never take that show seriously (Even though the plot is finally starting to pick up). Oh yeah, some corners were definitely cut, but its understandable. Since they have to fit everything under like 25 minutes >_>. I just hope that Gonzo will get some complaints and tone the fanservice down(I know the chance is kind of slim, since they trying to sell this show with fanservice).
that is not true, there is plenty of panty shots through the whole manga, but they are mostly from the other girls. you probably can count the amount of panty shots from Moka in the manga in one hand.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 22:25   Link #155
taelrak

You know, poor presentation and unnecessary fanservice aside, this is the first time I've seen an anime where the characters can't walk or run correctly....what is that awful animation style!?

I gotta say, I'm quite disappointed in the 1st episode. Execution, music, presentation, everything just seemed to be low-budget and low-quality.

Hope this doesn't turn out to be the Prism Ark of this season.

This was one of the series I was looking forward to because the manga is pretty entertaining, but I don't think I've ever been so shocked by an anime with such horrible execution in the 1st episode...
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 22:38   Link #156
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
You know, poor presentation and unnecessary fanservice aside, this is the first time I've seen an anime where the characters can't walk or run correctly....what is that awful animation style!?

I gotta say, I'm quite disappointed in the 1st episode. Execution, music, presentation, everything just seemed to be low-budget and low-quality.

Hope this doesn't turn out to be the Prism Ark of this season.

This was one of the series I was looking forward to because the manga is pretty entertaining, but I don't think I've ever been so shocked by an anime with such horrible execution in the 1st episode...
don't expect great things coming from Gonzo.

I haven’t read the manga, but the show didn’t look that bad. It was fairly entertaining/enjoyable for the most part since I’m not expecting great animation quality. I hope the show doesn’t turn out repetitive with the gags or depend too much on panty-shots and unnecessary fan-service.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 22:39   Link #157
YagamiLighto

This is a 13ep series which is quite of short comparing with the manga contents, I think GONZO should make it a 26ep anime instead. I think it will end shortly after Shirayuki Mizure aka Snow Fairy appeared.
YagamiLighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 22:45   Link #158
Midonin
Last Engage

Actually, until DVD solicitations appear, we have no idea how many episodes it's going to be.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 22:56   Link #159
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Ah yes, let the Gonzo-bashing begin. Happy new year!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 22:57   Link #160
JediNight
キズランダム

Spoiler for Ep1:
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire