AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-10-18, 22:49   Link #27481
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Cute fluff, and nobody bled or died or lost the love of their life or had horrible night terrors, so I liked it. Not that I don't like it when you do those other things, just that it's tempered with pity for the poor girls you torment.
Eh, a little fluff never hurt anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
*Mental image of Lutecia refuses to leave brain*.....
HA! Success!

Quote:
Why should you wear ties more often, Lutecia? I think Vivio wants to find a way to keep you from moving when you're making out .
Oh, I'm sure Vivio has many, many different reasons for why Lutecia should wear ties more often...

EDIT: Pageclaim for ties!
Old 2010-10-18, 22:52   Link #27482
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Eh, a little fluff never hurt anyone.
No, it's your other stories that hurt people.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 22:55   Link #27483
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Honestly, Moonlight Breaker gives me Satellite Cannon vibes...
Honestly, that was the intent.

When looking for new ways for Nanoha to blow things up and keep a mecha-like feel, I realized there was one avenue of technological superiority she hadn't used yet. So I had her seize the ultimate high ground!
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 23:23   Link #27484
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I agree with what most people are saying here, Raiser, and I've told you before that the only way to get people like that to go away is to ignore them. They only focus on you, because they get a reaction out of you. It can be hard to ignore, but it's a useful skill to develop.

At any rate, it's that time again, boys and girls. A bit longer than my normal chapters, but it's also a special one. Hold onto to your hats, because here we go:

Future Tense

Chapter 21: Bound by Fate

In which Nanoha says hello to an old friend...

Previous parts can be found here.

Spoiler for Future Tense, Chapter 21: Bound By Fate:

While reading this, I recommend you start listening to some upbeat music, fast-paced music at the appropriate part (you'll know when). Personally, I recommend Only My Railgun which has become one of my favorites lately. I love the series, too, heh.
Holy. Crap. That is all.

(Okay, RD is right; things are a little too talky...more accurately, there's too much infodumping on new modes and so on for it to flow quite as cleanly as would be ideal, but still damn awesome.)

Quote:
So, a rather fluffy short with Vivio and Lutecia, written on the request of my friend Fuyu no Sora, as a birthday gift. So here's hoping it's a good one, and Happy Birthday Sora!

Spoiler for On The Matter of Ties:
Typo correction in the quotation. Also, deathcurse is right, in that the setting is a little confusing--it starts out with "waiting after the dance for Fate to come pick up Vivio," but next Vivio is helping herself to caramel milk in the kitchen, which implies that it's no longer at the dance (similarly, Cia wouldn't be stripping down at the dance). So...they went home to Lutecia's house after the dance? But if so, why not just have Cia take Vivio directly home and save Fate the trip?

And again like deathcurse noted, these considerations pretty much vanished when you started describing Lutecia's outfit. Seriously, the sexual tension between them was so thick it made my mouth feel uncomfortably dry to read it--and I'm sucking on a lemon drop right now! Very nicely done!

Edit: Grr, I can't rep either one of you for those, frag it!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 23:32   Link #27485
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Typo correction in the quotation. Also, deathcurse is right, in that the setting is a little confusing--it starts out with "waiting after the dance for Fate to come pick up Vivio," but next Vivio is helping herself to caramel milk in the kitchen, which implies that it's no longer at the dance (similarly, Cia wouldn't be stripping down at the dance). So...they went home to Lutecia's house after the dance? But if so, why not just have Cia take Vivio directly home and save Fate the trip?

And again like deathcurse noted, these considerations pretty much vanished when you started describing Lutecia's outfit. Seriously, the sexual tension between them was so thick it made my mouth feel uncomfortably dry to read it--and I'm sucking on a lemon drop right now! Very nicely done!

Edit: Grr, I can't rep either one of you for those, frag it!
Hmmmm, in that case, I might have to edit the opening a little bit before I post it to FF.net like I was planning tomorrow. I have to admit, some of the confusion may stem from the fact that when I first started I didn't really know how to build up to where I wanted to go, so I kind of wandered around a bit. And really, I just needed an excuse to have Vivio around when Lutecia came out of her room looking the way she did.

Consider all this sexual tension my attempt to make up for the fact that I still have no clue on how to handle the eventual sex scene. Still considering that fade to black...
Old 2010-10-18, 23:38   Link #27486
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Consider all this sexual tension my attempt to make up for the fact that I still have no clue on how to handle the eventual sex scene. Still considering that fade to black...
Perfectly legitimate method. From what I know your stories have never been classified as 'adult' so there's no point in turning it into one now. You wouldn't be able to post it here or to FF.net anyways.
Old 2010-10-19, 00:03   Link #27487
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Perfectly legitimate method. From what I know your stories have never been classified as 'adult' so there's no point in turning it into one now. You wouldn't be able to post it here or to FF.net anyways.
Especially if the story itself leading up to "the moment" is full of emotions and tenderness and breakdowns and "I love yous" and resolution of deep feelings and determinations about where they intend to take their relationship in the future. Slap a T rating on it, sum things up in a non-explicitly-descriptive paragraph or two, and move on to the morning after.

On the other hand, if you give us several chapters of what you're tossing out in the tie fic, featuring luxurious flirtation and sexual tension between der Sankt Kaiser and no-longer-even-slightly-loli-Rider...you'd better make it hot enough to melt the screen!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 00:12   Link #27488
Nitramy
Umbrella that Smites Evil

Location: The home of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage, Antipolo City, Philippines
Send a message via AIM to Nitramy Send a message via Yahoo to Nitramy
Couple of Chrono/Amy fanfic challenges here:

A story that's similar to the "Natural Born Kissers" episode of The Simpsons. Basically, Chrono and Amy try to jump-start the marriage, with hilarious results. (REQUIREMENT: The phrase "Rock the Casbah" must be used at least three times in this fic.)

Something similar to Unagimaru's "Hito Zuma" doujin: Vivio accidentally sees Chrono and Amy going at it, and Lindy catches her - explaining how and why people do things like that.

Some basic Chrono/Amy fluff - hard day at the office, Amy gives her husband a massage, etc. etc.

Chrono and Amy get into a fight, and Erio, Caro, Lindy and Fate come up with a plan to try and get them to kiss and make up. Hilarity ensues, naturally.

Or how about the encounter that knocked Amy up in the first place? The sky's the limit (basically), since IMO the Sound Stages never really said the exact circumstances of Amy's pregnancy.

Last edited by Nitramy; 2010-10-19 at 10:21.
Nitramy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 02:58   Link #27489
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
So, a rather fluffy short with Vivio and Lutecia, written on the request of my friend Fuyu no Sora, as a birthday gift. So here's hoping it's a good one, and Happy Birthday Sora!

Spoiler for On The Matter of Ties:
Reading this and stumbling across this comic at the same time cannot be a coincidence.

Quote:
In other news, current poll results are:

Get lost you troll - 25
Keep going - 20
Don't care - 1

Well, even if the final result is 9001 vs 20, at least I'll know to write for those 20 people.
Don't forget to ad a couple 'o votes from the guys here who don't have an FF account, but still want you to keep writing.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 03:11   Link #27490
Nitramy
Umbrella that Smites Evil

Location: The home of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage, Antipolo City, Philippines
Send a message via AIM to Nitramy Send a message via Yahoo to Nitramy
@00-Raiser:

Truth be told, it's still in your hands whether to continue writing or not.

I say if you can still write, keep writing.

Again, this is why we can't have nice things.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-19, 03:34   Link #27491
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

^ What Nitramy said. You should write only if you want to continue writing.

Quote:
Yeah, but then after they download it they then report the file, getting it removed from the hosting service and ensuring that no one else can download it (while attempting to get me arrested in the process). Thanks to those few people, I have absolutely no way to share vic-vic and my hard work with the masses.
Yeah, and AS isn't too friendly with nsfw stuff...

Quote:
It's hard for me to ignore, though. I mean, if I just sit back and take it, people will take that as a sign that everything being said is true. More than that, I'm too much of a sensitive wuss, I guess. I tear up at things like the ending of Gunbuster. Also, events like this actually make me feel physically ill, so...

Actually, /m/ was actually really good about the whole thing before. I've been going there for years and there have been several Nanoha threads where the shipping discussions have been peaceful. Heck, a few were flat out pro-het and pro-Yuuno. So really for that board what happened over the past few days is a freak occurence. Here's hoping it stays as an isolated incident.
No offense, but I dare say that's what they're ( the select few, you can tell by their especially condensing language that even 4chan rarely use like killing, banning, etc. Most of the time, the worst 4chan say is tell you off to gtfo or gb2AS ) aiming for, knowing your... sensitivity, so to speak.

Despite it being ridiculously easy to tell who you are in these discussions ( the one who post pics + write reasonably long + being polite ), they just continue to attack the whole thing and deface you in general through their usual trick.

Pretend to be a Yuunoha fan by bringing it up in an insulting manner, draw out the ones who are actual fans, heat up the arguments and get debates going, and then lynch them to death with their usual copypasted stuff, like blahblah main website list blahblah. It was pretty obvious those select few stalked you all the way to /m/, since well, you made it clear that /a/ and /h/ weren't good for most parts.

Actual 'ferretfags', no offense to the term, like Yuuno, are passive and don't bother to spike Nanoha threads with the usual 'dump 5 Yuunoha pics, say one line, vanish' trick, because they themselves dislike the same repulsive arguments. They do like to get themselves heated in the arguments though, which is what they're trying to do against you.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 05:22   Link #27492
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Got some inspiration and tried a new style. Didn't turn out as I hoped, so back to the drawing board.

Spoiler for The Room:

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 10:09   Link #27493
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Holy. Crap. That is all.

(Okay, RD is right; things are a little too talky...more accurately, there's too much infodumping on new modes and so on for it to flow quite as cleanly as would be ideal, but still damn awesome.)
That's another vote! I'll see if I can clean it up some. I did need to explain some things, but perhaps I used too much verbage to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Got some inspiration and tried a new style. Didn't turn out as I hoped, so back to the drawing board.

Spoiler for The Room:
Is it bad that I thought of Tommy Wisseau when I saw the title? Heh, other than that, it's fairly interesting premise and use of literary tools.
Old 2010-10-19, 15:16   Link #27494
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I've been working on this... Odd crossover lately.

I figure I might as well share the first part of it.

Spoiler for Nanoha Crossover:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 15:27   Link #27495
Kaijo
Banned

Made some changes to the chapter to shorten some of the parts people felt were a bit too talky; probably not perfect, but hopefully it will do. Posted Futre Tense, Chapter 21: Bound By Fate to ff.net.

And now for something completely different... I have a number of unfinished crack fics sitting in my folder at any one time, and now I finally completed one. I present to you, Nanoha's new theme song!

Spoiler for I Fired a Pink Beam:
Old 2010-10-19, 16:00   Link #27496
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post

Pfwahahaha! Slayers crossover? Oh hell yes!

And now that you noted it... having the pink sorceress *ducks under the fireball* as her mother would explain how Nanoha got such a... charming color as her magic.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 16:46   Link #27497
Jokulhaup
Like a flood, but worse.

Send a message via AIM to Jokulhaup Send a message via MSN to Jokulhaup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Made some changes to the chapter to shorten some of the parts people felt were a bit too talky; probably not perfect, but hopefully it will do. Posted Futre Tense, Chapter 21: Bound By Fate to ff.net.

And now for something completely different... I have a number of unfinished crack fics sitting in my folder at any one time, and now I finally completed one. I present to you, Nanoha's new theme song!

Spoiler for I Fired a Pink Beam:
Roflmao.
I love you K'e'A Kaijo, I really do. :3

MSLN StrikerS: More than you expected.

My writing can be found here.
Jokulhaup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 16:53   Link #27498
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Kaijo: While I don't mind the Railgun OP, I prefer this song for Moonlight Breaker.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 17:12   Link #27499
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post

Hmmmm... I don't know if this is plausible. I mean, when the series starts, so much of Uminari City is, what's the word... intact.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 17:20   Link #27500
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

On The Matter of Ties is now up and running on "Shadowfire", along with a new, edited opening that hopefully clears up the whole situation that DC and Dezo pointed out. Enjoy!

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha