AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-06-08, 07:09   Link #21
<..J@NKi..>NL.FanSub
naruto freak

Send a message via MSN to <..J@NKi..>NL.FanSub
msn

rc_boeiakasha@hotmail.com[/QUOTE]

-The Dutch subs are availeble at http://users.skynet.be/EAF/EAF.htm. >>>
>>>as SSA files.! LOOK AT (Sous-Titres)..so u can encode and edit yourself

Last edited by <..J@NKi..>NL.FanSub; 2004-06-08 at 07:11. Reason: Subs!
<..J@NKi..>NL.FanSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 12:08   Link #22
Sergejack

Send a message via MSN to Sergejack
Quote:
Originally Posted by <..J@NKi..>NL.FanSub
rc_boeiakasha@hotmail.com

-The Dutch subs are availeble at http://users.skynet.be/EAF/EAF.htm. >>>
>>>as SSA files.! LOOK AT (Sous-Titres)..so u can encode and edit yourself
or simply watch the anime using vobsub
Sergejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 16:11   Link #23
ShadowLady
Darkness Prevails

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowLady Send a message via MSN to ShadowLady
Hmpf, let's forget about what a great language dutch is, because frankly. it isn't, you know why one language dominates the world? because it's practical, so that stuff, par example anime doesn't have to be translated into 500 different languages, such as dutch. Personally I'm very proud of the dutch for being able to understand english better then most other non-english european countries.

En ja ik ben zelf ook nederlands ja.
ShadowLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 17:53   Link #24
Joshua
2 much 2 watch

Lol to the last reply , If the Netherlands didn't trade Suriname for New York Dutch would be the English language, if u get it :P

niw, just like others, I also dislike Dutch subs, it just doesn't fit in an anime (guessing, never watched dutch subs in an anime though). At least, I hated French subbing (yeah, also know the French language, I rule :P).

Maybe it's nice for the younger fans who aren't that good in English, but for me, I'm keeping my english subs...

En ook ik ben Nederlands
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 19:16   Link #25
<..J@NKi..>NL.FanSub
naruto freak

Tjah!

Why are you two guys disliking your own language like that

But i cant say that you two are wrong..

First i disliked dutch subtiteld / spoken anime,as well.
[The last the most] but thats just a fact... i still hate that

But you just have to use to it.....(was the same for me).. if your gonna watch it?.
Maybe you will like it?

First see it ...Than judge....

There are definitive some dutch NARUTO fans that will like it.. ..especially the little ones, gheghegheghe,,

And i see that you two guys are good with English....

Well can u guys help me subbing..... LOL!

MMjaaa That was it...( . )( . )...got not much to say....

Later!

Last edited by <..J@NKi..>NL.FanSub; 2004-06-10 at 19:34.
Old 2004-06-11, 03:02   Link #26
Joshua
2 much 2 watch

Quote:
Why are you two guys disliking your own language like that
I did not say I disliked it, but it just doesn't fit in an anime. If I could understand Japanese better (I know a few words :P) I would watch raws, it simply because I hate subs & dubs, don't matter in what kind of language it is written/spoken...

But since I am unable to understand Japanese, I stick with the English subtitles, simply because it fits more than Dutch subtitles, just like subcool already said...

It simply doesn't fit (imo)
Old 2004-06-11, 07:02   Link #27
Kaizoku Luffy

@ the topicstarter: Making Dutch subs for an anime is a nice idea and all, but not if you don't even seem to master the language yourself. Just being Dutch does not seem to guarantee you know the language as good as you are supposed to.

I gave a quick look to the link that was posted and skimmed through the subtitle-file a bit, and then saw the following:

Quote:
Dialogue: Marked=0,0:05:13.10,0:05:16.32,Default,NTP,0000,00 00,0000,!Effect,Ik heb op dit moment geen intresse in jouw.
jouw? Dat is een fout die mensen in de eerste of tweede klas maken, niet iets dat je fout doet als je serieus een Nederlandse ondertiteling probeert te maken!

Quote:
Dialogue: Marked=0,0:05:42.52,0:05:46.45,Default,NTP,0000,00 00,0000,!Effect,Ik heb m'n hele leven gewacht\Nvoor deze gevecht...
'deze gevecht'?? Dat is nog altijd 'dit gevecht'. Wederom een nogal knullige fout die je niet zou moeten maken als je hier serieus mee bezig was.

Verder heb ik niet gekeken in het bestand, omdat ik de aflevering zelf nog niet gezien heb en niks voor me zelf wil spoilen, maar ik raad je aan zulke foutjes er voortaan toch minstens uit te halen als je werkelijk wilt bereiken dat mensen jouw versie kijken ipv een goed vertaalde Engelse versie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLady
Hmpf, let's forget about what a great language dutch is, because frankly. it isn't, you know why one language dominates the world? because it's practical, so that stuff, par example anime doesn't have to be translated into 500 different languages, such as dutch. Personally I'm very proud of the dutch for being able to understand english better then most other non-english european countries.

En ja ik ben zelf ook nederlands ja.
In that case, shouldn't all anime be subbed in Chinese? Seeing as how there's a lot more people that speak Chinese than there are people speaking English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
Lol to the last reply , If the Netherlands didn't trade Suriname for New York Dutch would be the English language, if u get it :P
If we did not make that trade, we would've had nothing. England would have just taken New Amsterdam from us, changed its name to New York and would have left us with nothing.

Last edited by Kaizoku Luffy; 2004-06-11 at 07:29.
Kaizoku Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 09:02   Link #28
<..J@NKi..>NL.FanSub
naruto freak

Good one about the chinese language..

Last edited by <..J@NKi..>NL.FanSub; 2004-06-11 at 09:04. Reason: lol
Old 2004-06-11, 09:34   Link #29
ShadowLady
Darkness Prevails

excuse me for being a bitch, but that the majority speaks chinese doesn't mean that the majority of anime watchers speaks chinese. english is commercially more profitable than chinese.

(and if i'm wrong.. -oops- )
Old 2004-06-11, 09:57   Link #30
Ishinda

More French people used to watch americans before anime got all popular over there. I never saw anyone telling everyone just had to learn french and watch the anime released there.

And it's bullshit Dutch doesn't fit as subs, you're just more used to reading english subs. Try watching regular shows or movies with english subs, it's a lot different than the same old dutch subs.
Ishinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 10:11   Link #31
ShadowLady
Darkness Prevails

yeah but then you'd actually have to learn a language, and you already know english don't you
All I'm saying is that i think that the group of dutch people whose english is so bad that they'd prefer dutch subs and would actually download then with bittorrent isn't that big and I think that's a good thing.

as for the being used to dutch subs, I wouldn't know since I never read the dutch subs on english shows, I actually can't even read them without my glasses.
So I guess my opinion is a bit biased because I'm so used to hearing and reading english (sadly my writing is a lot poorer )
Old 2004-06-11, 11:08   Link #32
Joshua
2 much 2 watch

For me, Dutch subs wouldn't fit, simply because I hate if something is subbed, when I can understand it... For example comedyshows and movies, I prefer watching to it without a sub. I'm good at English, and it just fits for me.

The reason why someone would down this Dutch-subbed Naruto is when he isn't good in English. For me it would be just a waste of time...
Old 2004-06-14, 12:03   Link #33
Palani
///_^

Quote:
Als je net als mij bent,dan laat je de chicks\Nflauwvallen door de charmes alleen al...
You are talking about respecting your own language yet you seem to be throwing English words around like it were nothing. If you want a nice translation go with classical Dutch.

Als je bent zoals mij dan laten je charmes alleen de dames al flauwvallen.

And if you translate like that you suddenly realize that Dutch ain’t no great language at all. English is far better but French is the best. Especially sweet talking. Mon cheri, Je t'adore, Je t'aime. And talking like in French (or even English) is like wiping your ass with silk instead of sandblasting it like it is with Dutch.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 14:16   Link #34
<..J@NKi..>NL.FanSub
naruto freak

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palani
You are talking about respecting your own language yet you seem to be throwing English words around like it were nothing. If you want a nice translation go with classical Dutch.

And if you translate like that you suddenly realize that Dutch ain’t no great language at all. English is far better but French is the best. Especially sweet talking. Mon cheri, Je t'adore, Je t'aime. And talking like in French (or even English) is like wiping your ass with silk instead of sandblasting it like it is with Dutch.

Als je bent zoals mij dan laten je charmes alleen de dames al flauwvallen. wat is dat??? straat taal?... bijna goed..
het is:
Als je net als mij bent,dan laten je charmes de dames alleen al flauwvallen.

Ik weet dat ik een paar spelfouten heb gemaakt...(oke best wel veel)
Maar je moet niet vergeten dat het vrij lastig is om te doen..
En zeker als je haast hebt..
Ik ben ook de enige NL subber die het doet... en niemand die het verbeterd..
ik ben ook maar een amateur... GSUS
[heb het namelijk ook druk met school en werk] en ja.. ook met mn vriendin!
En ik heb er geen tijd voor,om de spelfouten te corricieren.
En ik hoef heus geen respect.. van de Fans ofzoo.....
Zoals ik al eerder zei: ik begon er mee voor de lol.. en om te patsen..
maarjah das je waarschijnlijk ontglipt
In ieder geval..... als je er geen interesse in hebt.. download het dan ook niet..

Trouwens.. praten jullie thuis (of weet ik veel waar) nog classiek nederlands???
Dan spreek jij het ook niet goed lijkt mij...

later!

Last edited by <..J@NKi..>NL.FanSub; 2004-06-22 at 13:55.
Old 2004-06-14, 16:28   Link #35
7thMethuselah

Quote:

First off all, the only reason why people say "it sounds better in english" is because TV radio etc is nothing but english these days. If you took the effort to listen to your own language you'd realise that it can express the same things just as good.

Second: chicks vertaald in nederlands is niet dames maar eerder een dialect term als meiden (dialect omwille van de eerder negatievere bijklank).

Third : remember that many characters in naruto use some kinda slang too at times, they are not speaking perfect japanese all of the time, so in the translation some dialect can be used (not too much however). Remember that ninja's who are about to fight each other probably won't be using decent language but a more streetlike language, so no error is made when applying that to the translation.

Dus een andere vertaling van die zin zou iets in deze stijl geven

Als ge zoals mij zijt, dan vallen de meiden al plat voor mijn charmes alleen.

Klinkt al iets beter, niet?

Fourth : Don't go nitpicking on one or two typo's that were made in the translation, this guy is spending alot of time to make these subs, cut him some slack.

Fifth : again, show some pride for our own language. The world is NOT all english you know. If you prefer english subs, no problem but don't go flaming other people who go through the effort of creating a fansub in their own language. Sure dutch is not the nr 1 language in the world with it's 25 000 000 native speakers, but it's a beautiful and culturally rich language, like many other ones are.

Last : sweet talking in dutch can sound just as good as in french or english, it all depends on the choice of words,
"liefje, ik zie je graag"
doesn't sound like sandpaper at all !

Dutch and flemish are great languages

In case you wonder this is the official flag of the dutch speaking part of belgium

PS sorry voor de nederlanders maar ik heb enkel zo'n smilie met de vlaamse leeuw en niet met de nederlandse driekleur
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 01:42   Link #36
Ishinda

Quote:
If you want no one to understand your translations, go ahead. How about we just don't translate all anime in old dutch and english, everyone will be so much happier.
Ishinda is offline   Reply With Quote