Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-05-13, 08:32   Link #17501
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The rifles are actually from the "wings" of the MA mode.

Guess there is no reason not to have two rifles, they have two pilots, they might as well multi-task.
i think you got mix up....Harute then can change to MA mode & has double beam weilding rifle...as for Zanbanya is indeed 2 pilot also (if you count Haro in) , double sniping might be possible too....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 08:36   Link #17502
Butagami

Edit: Duotiga beat me to correcting Valiant, so that part of the post is redundant

As for the kits, I'm hoping for at least some MG goodness, maybe eve a PG of 00Q.

Sigh...it takes too long...
Butagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 08:44   Link #17503
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

i wont be surprise if they come out MG 00Q first before 00 raiser just to tempt us....
Old 2010-05-13, 09:41   Link #17504
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I wouldn't really read much into the HG 00Q's supposed problem, considering Bandai's record with making supposedly unstable designs work in 1/144 scale (I remember many people thought the HG 1/144 00 Raiser would be difficult to stabilize). It might just be like the displayed HGUC Sinanju: the prototype just happened to fall that way

Edit:

And as suspected, the earlier image was just the 00Q on a bad pose. Here's another image showing the 00Q in a more stable position:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2010-05-13 at 10:14.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 11:41   Link #17505
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Yay...for a HG, Harute & Zabanya get two beam rifle,what a win. Can't wait for HGUC Delta Plus. Any details/info on HGUC Sinanju...??
Old 2010-05-13, 12:12   Link #17506
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Wow, HG Zabanya and Harute seems to have impressed me for some reason. Harute Beam Rifles looks so much better in uncolored molded plastic than they did in the movie pics.

Dont know what to think of 00Q. I personally do not see much of a problem with the binder issue and it doesn't seem to be the problem here, otherwise it would have slumped to the right. I am hopeful that it can match the godlike articulation of the HG 00 Gundam, but I am slightly pessimistic about that. I almost never pose my prized kits in the ground anyways [if they're airborne capable suits], so the binder hopefully will not be much of an issue.

I am slightly worried about Raphael and its oversized backpack though. Not sure how that one is going to pan out.

I am not much of a 1/100 fan so it doesn't concern me that much, but I am worried about the 1/100 Raphael and 00Q. Raphael for the huge backpack and 00Q for the single binder. I know the 1/100 00 wasn't exactly a perfect model. I just hope that they wont limit the waist movement for the other AD Movie Gundams like they did with the rest of the S2 AD Gundams.
Old 2010-05-13, 12:31   Link #17507
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The rifles are actually from the "wings" of the MA mode.

Guess there is no reason not to have two rifles, they have two pilots, they might as well multi-task.
I believe duotiga and RAVNEN hit the nail on the head at what I was implying, but just to clarify I was trying to point out that I wasn't expecting Zaba's 1/144 model to come with two Rifles(The first we actually get to see at that)
Old 2010-05-13, 12:40   Link #17508
kakakka

I'm looking forward to Raphael and Harute.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 12:45   Link #17509
atlans89
Heretic Inquisitor

Send a message via Yahoo to atlans89
Notice Zabanya's wing: the first 2 slot are empty, suppose the rifle is pulled from there, as well as the rest rifle is the funnel itself in the shape of rifle.
atlans89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 12:53   Link #17510
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Two Rifles seem generous at first, but as we all know from the camcorder trailer, we need much more than just two rifles. [the rifle Bits are in exact design to the wielded Rifle].

But I wonder if they'll do it, since the Zabanya kit is priced at 1,890 Yen[August] , more expensive than 00Q and Harute which are 1680 Yen[August and September respectively] but cheaper than Raphael which is priced at 2100 Yen [September], the most expensive for em all.
Old 2010-05-13, 14:13   Link #17511
X207
Gamyūsa

im getting a the 00quanta for sure when possible. im tempted to get the harute but the way the MA wings are positioned in MS mode seem a bit awkward. it probably looks better if they can sviwel to point downards (if possible). zabanya looks nice and it does look more like the buster gundam now. ive never been crazy about bulky backpacks and raphaeal is no exception. its fighting capacity may be great but the appearance isnt. i prefer seravee over its predecessor and raphael.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 14:30   Link #17512
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
HA!

There's gonna be an anime all about Gunpla builders! That's awesome!

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/...-shizuoka.html

Quote:
The Japanese conglomerate Bandai has announced at the 49th Sh!zuoka Hobby Show this week that it is producing Mokei Senshi Gunpla Builders Beginning G, an anime to mark the 30th anniversary of the Gundam plastic model kit ("Gunpla"). The three parts (parts A, B, and C) of the anime will be presented starting this summer. Part A will be screened at the Gundam Super Expo event, and NHK's BS11 Digital channel will run the anime as television specials this summer.

The main character of the story is Haru Irei, a boy who becomes a "Gunpla Builder" after a fateful encounter with the Beginning Gundam plastic model. (In real life, Bandai is producing a Beginning Gundam model kit in 1/144 scale, but has not set a release date or price.) Rina Noyama is an always cheerful girl who, like her friend Haru, is a big fan of Gunpla. Haru's pal Kenta Sakazaki is a boy who loves Gunpla and gives advice to Haru about building them.
Never ever in my wildest dreams have I imagined this.......

Ngee Khiong has some scratchbuild pics of the 1/144 HG Beginning Gundam, I believe. I will admit that from the poster I'm loving the design of the Beginning Gundam at the moment.

I wonder if Bandai will be a villain in this one? I mean with the rereleases and all............

That dude is getting an airbrush as a midseason [or midspecial maybe] upgrade for sure. Must have used Top Coat gloss, I swear his Beginning Gundam is shiny, linings aren't so black and visible though.

Wait, did he just THREW his Beginning Gundam gunpla over to the screen? Thats dangerous!!!!! 'tries and grab free unreleased before gunpla'

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-05-13 at 14:59.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 15:01   Link #17513
Strike-Zero

What's a cheap place to order model kits? I'm looking at MG Strike Freedom Full Burst and MG Exia Ignition Mode.

I know o www.hwjapan.com and www.tisinc99.com.

hwjapan's prices are nice, but the shipping price is pretty steep and it is international so longer shipping times.

Not sure about tisinc99, but the prices are higher like Strike Freedom Full Burst is $84.99, but the shipping prices are lower and they are in the US so faster shipping times.

Is there any other places I should look at?
Strike-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 15:06   Link #17514
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike-Zero View Post
What's a cheap place to order model kits? I'm looking at MG Strike Freedom Full Burst and MG Exia Ignition Mode.

hwjapan's prices are nice, but the shipping price is pretty steep and it is international so longer shipping times.

Not sure about tisinc99, but the prices are higher like Strike Freedom Full Burst is $84.99, but the shipping prices are lower and they are in the US so faster shipping times.

Hmmm, how about Hobbylink Japan? I don't order much so I cant really commend it or not.

Not sure if posted, but a colored pic of the HG Avalanche Exia Dash:

Spoiler for HG 1/144 Gundam Exia Avalanche Dash:
Old 2010-05-13, 15:16   Link #17515
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike-Zero View Post

I assume your in North America? Try out Hobbywave.com
Old 2010-05-14, 00:53   Link #17516
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Something came to mind in my head.
The "Real Grade" line always seemed a little baffling to me. It's a detailed with inner-frame HG sized gunpla line, right?

But there are two good reasons to make this:

1. I have lost count of people saying "I would like to buy this gunpla but I have no room in my house". And if English-speaking people say this, there must be much more Japanese who will say the same. RG offers a higher quality alternative for people who can't fit even 1/100 scales in their room.

2. Even though RG will cost more money to make than HG, it wouldn't be that much more expensive. I know there was a mention of Bandai pushing up prices a few years ago when the rising oil price forced the gunpla raw material price to go up. Going RG means value-adding; to create a product that is worth more than HG, with the same quantity of plastic.

The only question is this; will RG suffer from a lack of diversity? Because one of the major selling points of HG, beside the lower price, was that there was far more variety. If the RG details means they can't push out kits as fast as HG did, HG will still beat it in sales. But if Bandai found a way to streamline RG design, then it is entirely possible for RG to replace HG all together. It can happen.
Old 2010-05-14, 07:06   Link #17517
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Word of advice for anyone considering a Robot Damashii Arche Gundam.

DON'T, unless you love the design, and pilot (like me). Otherwise, the figure is a EPIC FAIL of all sorts of elements.

Most due to (you guessed it) that giant buster sword. The arms, can barely support it, the hands can barely hold it, and it causes some MAJOR droopage as well. Now the figure itself, is fine, it's durable, nice strong joints, but as we all know, weapons make up more than 50% of a Gundam figure. So when the weapon fails at being held and functioning, your figure is left lacking exponentially. Now, Bandai did try (and I stress "try") to fix this whole problem with the sword, buy giving the handle a peg that connects to wrist of the figure. It works, but only if you keep the figure still, it aim to pose and play, the peg will pop out of place from an ant sneezing 100 miles away.

All in all, I give this figure a 4 out 10. The sword brings the whole thing down.

Literally.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 08:29   Link #17518
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

just realise the leg armour booster is exactly the same for the shoulder armour for avalanche exia
Old 2010-05-14, 09:10   Link #17519
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post

Never ever in my wildest dreams have I imagined this.......

Ngee Khiong has some scratchbuild pics of the 1/144 HG Beginning Gundam, I believe. I will admit that from the poster I'm loving the design of the Beginning Gundam at the moment.

I wonder if Bandai will be a villain in this one? I mean with the rereleases and all............

That dude is getting an airbrush as a midseason [or midspecial maybe] upgrade for sure. Must have used Top Coat gloss, I swear his Beginning Gundam is shiny, linings aren't so black and visible though.

Wait, did he just THREW his Beginning Gundam gunpla over to the screen? Thats dangerous!!!!! 'tries and grab free unreleased before gunpla'
This Beginning Gundam strongly reminds me of V2, maybe they are preparing the field for a new line of HGUCV?
Old 2010-05-14, 09:14   Link #17520
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

The Gunpla anime says it'll spawn new designs. I wonder if that means like totally original new designs from a made up Gundam series, or new designs from like 00, Zeta, OYW, etc.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy