Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-06-19, 16:03   Link #1921
BleedingUranium
Who has the most fun wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Both are correct. "へ" is generally "he" but when used as a particle (like in this case) it sounds "e". Both romanizations works here, "he" if your priority is showing the actual kana used and "e" if your priority is to show the correct sound.
Thank you. I remembered it being something like that, as an OST track I have is "Ashita He No Kibou", and I went with "He" because it seemed like the more "correct" / safer option. Having it explained in context helped, thanks.

Personally, given the context as a title, and arguably the purpose of romaji in general, I'm going to go with "E".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takigan View Post
Seal Pup-chan is Fukui-chan. We don't know her family name yet. Shuichi referenced both Fukui and Akamatsu as the two other T-bone 1st years back in episode 8 and names Akamatsu as the one with the reddish hair right before he asks Kumiko to Agata-matsuri (the summer festival). The other (seal-pup) is Fukui by elimination.

Think you could point out the missing individuals on this chart to make it easier for those interested?
Thanks! For some reason I didn't have your chart saved, but I do now. I haven't been trying to keep track of the mentioned-by-name characters, but I do have screencaps of all the section leaders' name overlays, as well as the members with specific jobs shown before SunFes, so I could only reference those. I hope they release a name list for whoever is left once the season is over.

That wasn't directed at me, but once we get the Percussion card I'm going to splice together all the cut members. It probably won't look especially pretty, but it will be worth having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
The ones that were missing were the oboe and bassoonists (which Uranium didn't include the card from episode 2 for, in his collection, so it took me a bit to come across them).

Meanwhile, the percussion section is supposed to have 6 (three 1st, one 2nd, two 3rd). There are 5 present in the concert hall: two 3rd years, two 1st years, and the one on the kettle drums that I think is the 2nd year. That leaves one 1st year cut.
Sorry about that, I didn't include sections that didn't have cut members, so them, Haruka, and eventually Sapphire.

The greenish-haired, glasses-wearing first year got cut.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Yeah no way only one bassoonist made it because those two are the cutest side characters. The flute section leader #5 and trombone girl #40 is cute too.
They are!! The two drills girls are also cute, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Ep.12 preview is on the website (still only images and text)
Natsuki and Yuuko YES!

And Natsuki's face, she always has the best facial expressions. Considering how she started the show, I appreciate that even more.
BleedingUranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 22:25   Link #1922
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Man, Reina's expression in one of the shots practically begs for a keikaku doori cap.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 01:19   Link #1923
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

Quote:
Giving a try at translating the text. Any corrections are welcome
Spoiler for ep12 text pv:

Looking even more forward to next episode.
What a coincidence. Shuichi is also having a hard time playing too!

I can see why Kumiko is in a lot of pressure since it's supposedly a different phrase, I'm not sure why she got it though. Asuka seem more appropriate for the job. Shuichi on the other hand is just having a hard time playing a specific part so why can't he just you know, not play or pretend to play it? It's not like he'll be singled out since all of them trombone players will be playing. I don't think the judges will notice, though I admit I don't know how these things exactly work.

@preview images
Oh just Reina smiling towards Kumiko? A bit too tame there Kyoani. The preview video then?
Hero of the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 01:35   Link #1924
Key Board
Carbon

http://anime-eupho.us/character/chart/

"bestfriends/galpals/soulmate/cousins/(insertword)" intensifies

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 02:35   Link #1925
deadite

Is there any chance this will get a second season? Seems like a shame to end it before they even go to Nationals..
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 03:03   Link #1926
Marina2

>**9位/*11位 (**5,461 pt) Hibike! Euphonium [Blu-ray]

BD sale so far is average. At the end, number might go up to around 7,000-9,000 , which is quite good but the chance for SS2 is still low.
Old 2015-06-20, 06:30   Link #1927
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
>**9位/*11位 (**5,461 pt) Hibike! Euphonium [Blu-ray]

BD sale so far is average. At the end, number might go up to around 7,000-9,000 , which is quite good but the chance for SS2 is still low.
Does it have a chance to keep on consistently selling more units like what happened to Shirobako?
Old 2015-06-20, 12:04   Link #1928
Shirohige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

//
Romantic Gal pals being gal pals
Shirohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 12:46   Link #1929
Vikitehwaffu

Quote:
Does it have a chance to keep on consistently selling more units like what happened to Shirobako?
depends if they can make a decent ending since there are only two more episodes.
Vikitehwaffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 12:47   Link #1930
BleedingUranium

Quote:

//
I still think that chart exists for no reason other than KxR teasing.

Does it note Natsuki/Yuuko's relationship? Kaori/Yuuko? GotouxRiko? Anyone else?

It doesn't even list Kumiko/Aoi as childhood friends, but does list Kumiko/Shuuichi as that. In fact, it basically exists to say that Kumiko and Reina are "attracted" to each other (using the term for gravitational pull IIRC), while Kumiko and Shuuichi are... just childhood friends.

I'm not arguing against KumikoxShuuichi here, I'm saying I can't see how the people that made this chart could have been intending anything other than furthering KxR teasing.

About a second season, I recall reading that KyoAni owns the rights to the story or similar, implying they could just make a second season if they felt like it. As opposed to, say, K-ON!, and presumably why we don't have a third season of that.

My take on Hibike!'s story progression is that because there are three novels, three levels of the competition, and this season adapts the first, we should naturally need three seasons to tell the whole story. Or two seasons with a double-length second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikitehwaffu View Post
depends if they can make a decent ending since there are only two more episodes.
There could be 14 theoretically, but 13 is definitely looking most likely. Both in a story-telling sense, and also because of when the character albums and soundtrack come out. Kumiko's album comes out the day after Ep13, Hazuki's and the soundtrack the day after a theoretical 14, followed by Sapphire and Reina's the next two weeks.

At this point I'm thinking the performance Hazuki mentioned by the 10 failed members is going to be a bluray-only thing.
Old 2015-06-20, 14:55   Link #1931
larethian

Quote:
Giving a try at translating the text. Any corrections are welcome
Spoiler for ep12 text pv:

Looking even more forward to next episode.
Based on the terminology presented, in particular パート練習 = section practice, I reckon that it meant being asked to play a 'phrase' that belonged to a different section/instrument.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 16:03   Link #1932
BleedingUranium

If anyone here is a fan of RWBY, you'll find two of the main four girls' recently announced Japanese actresses familiar. :3

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-06-20, 22:59   Link #1933
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:

//
Ha ha ha ha! Well-played.

On the other hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingUranium View Post
I still think that chart exists for no reason other than KxR teasing.

Does it note Natsuki/Yuuko's relationship? Kaori/Yuuko? GotouxRiko? Anyone else?

It doesn't even list Kumiko/Aoi as childhood friends, but does list Kumiko/Shuuichi as that. In fact, it basically exists to say that Kumiko and Reina are "attracted" to each other (using the term for gravitational pull IIRC), while Kumiko and Shuuichi are... just childhood friends.
These are fair points. I also would prefer a more comprehensive chart, and I don't doubt that at least part of the motivation behind this chart is to support KxR.

However, it is possible that the chart maker just doesn't care that much about the supporting cast characters and/or hasn't taken note of their relationships as much. Or is unsure of how to classify them, with respect to the relationships involving Yuuko (I myself am iffy on how best to view them).

How do you perceive Natsuki/Yuuko and Kaori/Yuuko, by the way?
Old 2015-06-20, 23:06   Link #1934
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

The English site didn't even finish translating all the instrument summaries. A lazy, thrown-together relationship chart would not be surprising.
Kinematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 00:43   Link #1935
BleedingUranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
These are fair points. I also would prefer a more comprehensive chart, and I don't doubt that at least part of the motivation behind this chart is to support KxR.

However, it is possible that the chart maker just doesn't care that much about the supporting cast characters and/or hasn't taken note of their relationships as much. Or is unsure of how to classify them, with respect to the relationships involving Yuuko (I myself am iffy on how best to view them).

How do you perceive Natsuki/Yuuko and Kaori/Yuuko, by the way?
Yeah, I do realize this was made pretty early, before Gotou and Riko were even confirmed as a couple, and Natsuki had barely spoken at all, but noting Kumiko and Shuuichi but not either of them and Aoi, when that was so well established is odd.

Yuuko/Kaori definitely feels like a sibling-like relationship, at least from Yuuko's perspective. I'm still confused as all hell on her and Natsuki though, but at least the next episode images imply we'll get some info on them, now that both of their development arcs are finished. If anyone else has a take on these two, I'd love to hear it, but I'm at a bit of a loss here. They seem rather similar to Kumiko and Shuuichi's situation, being very old friends who periodically don't get along, simply applied to their personalities instead. But as for the details, I really don't have anything to go on.

It could most definitely be laziness as Kinematics pointed out, but it's still just a little too convenient. It's probably both. (Also, I'm not trying to imply that you're saying it's only laziness, Kinematics)
Old 2015-06-21, 01:33   Link #1936
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
I still think that chart exists for no reason other than KxR teasing....
I don't see why you say "teasing." The chart just shows what is clearly in the anime, at least so far. Kumiko, Natsuki, and Midori are classmates. Kumiko and Reina are drawn to each other in some unspecified way. Kumiko and Shuuichi are childhood friends.

Earlier in the show, we were discussing whether Kumiko x Reina would develop or Kumiko x Shuuichi. The chart takes no position on that. It could have added that Shuuichi is drawn to Kumiko, I suppose. That has been shown in the anime. Kumiko is not aware of being drawn to Shuuichi in that way, so it may not be so, and can't really be stated as a fact.

There are other relationships, such as Natsuki's Hazuki's infatuation with Shuuichi, or Yuuko's deep admiration for Kaoru, but Kumiko is the protagonist, so her relationships are what count. Aoi was in the next grade up, so her childhood friend relationship with Kumiko was less close, and was in any case only touched on very briefly in the anime.

@Kinematics -- The English relationship chart is a full and correct (as far as I can tell) translation of the relationship chart on the Japanese official site.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2015-06-21 at 10:47.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 01:50   Link #1937
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
There are other relationships, such as Natsuki's infatuation with Shuuichi
w8 wut? XD
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 02:03   Link #1938
BleedingUranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kinomoto View Post
w8 wut? XD
My current Natsuki avatar is my reaction to this.

[*SNIP*]

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-06-21 at 11:24. Reason: Please don't ask of this for licensed content.
Old 2015-06-21, 02:38   Link #1939
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Yuuko/Kaori definitely feels like a sibling-like relationship, at least from Yuuko's perspective. I'm still confused as all hell on her and Natsuki though, but at least the next episode images imply we'll get some info on them, now that both of their development arcs are finished. If anyone else has a take on these two, I'd love to hear it, but I'm at a bit of a loss here. They seem rather similar to Kumiko and Shuuichi's situation, being very old friends who periodically don't get along, simply applied to their personalities instead. But as for the details, I really don't have anything to go on.
If anything, I'd say Natsuki/Yuuko have the sibling-like relationship. They snipe and taunt each other, but still had fun together at the festival. And when Yuuko was going down a bad road, Natsuki stepped in for a reality check, to make sure Yuuko was aware of what she was doing. Also, that ear-blowing thing? Totally a sister-like (or brother-like) action, getting deeply in Yuuko's personal space as if it were completely natural.

Yuuko/Kaori seems pure fanaticism (of the Japanese type, rather than the American type). Yuuko absolutely idolizes Kaori, and plays the loyal minion, being Kaori's voice for the things that Kaori herself can't articulate, because if Kaori said those things, she wouldn't be Kaori.
Kinematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 02:55   Link #1940
BleedingUranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
If anything, I'd say Natsuki/Yuuko have the sibling-like relationship. They snipe and taunt each other, but still had fun together at the festival. And when Yuuko was going down a bad road, Natsuki stepped in for a reality check, to make sure Yuuko was aware of what she was doing. Also, that ear-blowing thing? Totally a sister-like (or brother-like) action, getting deeply in Yuuko's personal space as if it were completely natural.

Yuuko/Kaori seems pure fanaticism (of the Japanese type, rather than the American type). Yuuko absolutely idolizes Kaori, and plays the loyal minion, being Kaori's voice for the things that Kaori herself can't articulate, because if Kaori said those things, she wouldn't be Kaori.
Yeah, well said. I was sort of thinking of super young siblings that really, really look up to an older one, but that's a rather specific thing and I didn't really explain that.

I did compare Natsuki/Yuuko to Kumiko/Shuuichi, and both of these relationships really feel like siblings for similar reasons. They're portrayed so well as this that even without Reina being involved, KyoAni would still have to try pretty hard to reshape Shuuichi as being a love interest instead of a brother.

Along with the ear-blowing bit, Yuuko running into Natsuki's back and the little nearly-wordless moment they shared was another good example.

Yuuko is Kaori's Anger Translator.

Tags
band, high school drama, music, orchestra