AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-11-12, 23:34   Link #8501
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yeah, we're still connected for CRZ and stuff, so its not really a surprise as to why we have to wait. I just want to cry manly tears at the unfairness of it all.

On the plus Telstra fixed my internets, so I am VERY happy atm. Bout time they did something useful for me.

(was previously getting about half that speed, /firstworldproblem. Still it's nice to see internet improve regardless)
Old 2014-11-12, 23:56   Link #8502
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I suppose that Druid AoE farmed the heck out of something or found some mob that granted a truckload of XP. I do remember at the start of Pandaria, there were elite mobs in Kun-Lai that granted obscene XP for kills and that a few people were using that to level fast.
Old 2014-11-13, 00:30   Link #8503
Mr Hat and Clogs

Repeatable daily quest handi-ns were all the rage apparently. Blizzard has since disabled the quest.
Old 2014-11-13, 00:42   Link #8504
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

They were doing this for Cata and Pandaria...

How the flock did they not see this?!

Seriously, I swear the brains trust at Blizzard moved on to Hearthstone and Overwatch. This slip-up is pathetic. Also pitiful since one region gets the benefit of the mistake and the rest get screwed.
Old 2014-11-13, 01:05   Link #8505
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Khadgar has an invisible wall around him, ground mounts aren't allowed as well. He's using his power of sorcery to prevent us from body-blocking him.

Images

Dark Portal front isn't looking any better either.
Old 2014-11-13, 02:28   Link #8506
Mr Hat and Clogs

It's amusing on Aman'thul atm, Black Drakes everywhere.

Images
Old 2014-11-13, 02:47   Link #8507
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I got the quest, but then it crashed again. I should've expected this honestly after so many expansions.

Proudmoore got locked

Last edited by Hooves; 2014-11-13 at 03:18.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 03:56   Link #8508
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Would it be fine if I stay far away from the Blasted lands? I still want to get that Shado-pan hat lol
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 04:51   Link #8509
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Got through the starting zone in two hours after three crashes on Arygos-Llane.

Not bad. I went up until I got my Garrison started so I'd have a place to rest and get rested XP. Some of that was epic.
Old 2014-11-13, 05:04   Link #8510
Mentar
Banned

For those who managed to get past the inevitable "first day" bottlenecks: What are your initial impressions so far?

To be honest, I am pleasantly surprised. The start was good and really gave me the impression to be a small, but relevant part of something bigger. Don't want to go into details here in order not to spoil, but my first 1-2 hours on Draenor have been pretty fun. Parts like the powder keg mission (and subsequent animation) were really funny!

I think I'm gonna take my time this expansion and not just rush to Lvl100 as quickly as possible, but rather try to go through all story threads and quest chains bit by bit. Blizzard definitely got better with them.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 05:40   Link #8511
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm trying to place the style they are using as they introduce the leaders of the Iron Horde Clans. With large gold text and such.
Old 2014-11-13, 05:44   Link #8512
Mr Hat and Clogs

Borderlands, for the intro style.
Old 2014-11-13, 05:50   Link #8513
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The introduction is amazing. If only Blizzard used their phasing technology better, at least until people got their own garrisons.
Old 2014-11-13, 07:59   Link #8514
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

The whole launch mad rush doesn't appeal to me in any way so despite having everything installed and ready to go I'm probably not going to actually play until sometime next week. I'm in no rush to burn through everything and hate the fierce competition for quest mobs that has accompanied all the past expansions I've played at launch (is this still a thing or has anything changed in this regard?)
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 08:22   Link #8515
Awrya
U mad?

Crazy start on EU servers.
A friend tried logging in ~11.50pm and he kept getting kicked out.
There were so many players doing the first quests that my fps dropped from 96 to 30 just by standing there.

Just saw GDB posting that someone hit lv.100 already at 3.35am GMT and I was just lv.91 when I logged out at 3.00am.

One thing I noticed is that sometimes quest rewards get upgraded.
It happened quite a few times that green quest rewards turned blue when I turned in the quest and got the reward, and once a 516 blue turned to 528 epic. Anyone else noticed it or understands the mechanics behind it?
Old 2014-11-13, 08:56   Link #8516
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Hearthstone is actually termed as a CCG. TCG refers to those using physically tangible cards.

Really don't know why people are calling out Jaina the most. If anyone is the biggest clown of late, it's freaking Anduin. Spare Garrosh....in what realm of sanity could that have ever lead to any good?! Hell, won't be surprised if Anduin is a ghost this expansion.

Plenty of other people on the higher end of both sides have gone against better judgement. Varian has had numerous incidents which escalated things far more than necessary (accusing Thrall of treachery during negotiations in Theramore, then trying to take him out in the Undercity) but if one good thing came out of MoP, it's that writers finally got the balance right with Varian between being a warrior and a proper leader. Fandral Stanghelm...yeah....became a Fire Druid....and was a complete prick in general well before that happened. Dwarves either losing memory or getting turned to stone. Arthas becoming the Lich King.....Lorthimar aiding the attack on Dalaran. Sylvanas trying to take out any race that isn't the Forsaken. And then there's Garrosh the kill-all that isn't real orc aka give us another expansion device.

Meh, Jaina may have done some stupid things, but the freaking point is, as Varian said in the Lords of War vids, everyone has mistakes from the past they regret. Everyone significant in the WoW universe has blundered/strayed at some point. If you want to get shirty about it, blame that author who did that stupid novel around the start of MoP and thought this series of events would be good for Jaina.

Meh, whatever, I ain't playing WoD. The amount of stupidity that emerged within more and more from significant characters and what they would have people believe is getting weary. And BC was the least fun I had in WoW by a big margin. So WoD is about everything I didn't want. Numerous better things I could get with those subscription fees. Ironic that my IRL friends weren't playing when I was then suddenly they all want to come back.

Have fun, people.
Not quite yet for me. First week rush is never a good time to start.
Old 2014-11-13, 09:31   Link #8517
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I'm in no rush to burn through everything and hate the fierce competition for quest mobs that has accompanied all the past expansions I've played at launch (is this still a thing or has anything changed in this regard?)
From my understanding, respawn rates are jacked up so high some people actually end up complaining that they can't leave an area without killing an extra 20 mobs, and zones are just your server and connected servers (ie: no CRZ). Not sure how long that lasts, but that's how they combat this, apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
One thing I noticed is that sometimes quest rewards get upgraded.
It happened quite a few times that green quest rewards turned blue when I turned in the quest and got the reward, and once a 516 blue turned to 528 epic. Anyone else noticed it or understands the mechanics behind it?
Random chance, though I don't think they've given exact specifics on the rate. They said it should happen often enough that you'd have a fair mix of greens and blues and maybe one or two purples by 100 through questing. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say it's probably about a 10% chance of a blue upgrade, and then a 10-20% chance from there (or 1-2% overall) for purple.

Of course, these numbers are just from the rate I've seen others report. I won't get the game for another hour. But one of the Garrison buildings doubles your chances to upgrade the loot, so the initial chance can't be TOO high, but it happens often enough that it can't be too low either.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 11:21   Link #8518
Mr Hat and Clogs

Ive only had one item upgrade so far. But heaps in my guild have had it happen to. It happens enough to keep things interesting I guess.
Old 2014-11-13, 14:43   Link #8519
GDB

My warrior got two by the time I hit 91. Quest gloves, which I didn't need since I had heroic SoO gloves, and a rare drop that upgraded to purple... but they were mail pants, so... yeah. My Death Knight didn't get any. We'll see if my Paladin gets any.

*edit*

They need to fix the freaking servers. Been sitting in my Garrison for like an hour doing nothing because no NPCs are spawning anywhere else.

Last edited by GDB; 2014-11-13 at 21:56.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 22:25   Link #8520
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah, World Server seems to be kinda borked atm. I was just sitting fishing in my Garrison. Decided to queue up for an Instance since thats what some of my other guildies have been doing, but no instance server instantly crashes, lols.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows