AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-16, 14:10   Link #861
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Original ending? I guess that's to be expected. I don't think they're planning for a second season either after watching the first episode. Still, the popularity of this anime might have surprised them and changed their minds so that they will make it...

I hope.

Btw, does anyone think that the pacing of this episode is way too fast?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 15:12   Link #862
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmmm, I thought something was weird about the last third of the episode so I went an checked- As I suspected, the Anime might be going for an original ending.
Never read the novels but that's what I was thinking too.

I mean the whole basis of this show was on Subaru keeping up her disguise as a boy and serving as Suzukitizu's butler.

Now that she's no longer a butler she can be a normal person and pursue a relationship with Jirou with no consequences.....

That and so far for an anime that may have been leaning towards a harem ending this hasn't gone that far either.

Though isn't the reason she became a butler was because she didn't want her father to remarry? Does that mean her dad's going to have to find a new a partner and make a child to be the new butler?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 15:25   Link #863
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Question for novel readers...

Has Nakuru showed any affection for Jirou? Or is it basically the same as here with just getting horny over BL fantasies....

I really wished she would have joined the harem
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 16:19   Link #864
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

WHAT KIND OF ENDING IS THAT!? a;lksdfj;alsdjfla;sdkfj. need to wait another week to see the resolution of this arc? alshk;dfklasjdf;lkasjdf;lajsdflja.

this is one of those rare shows where things are working out, but also don't work out for the right reasons. rather than some other shows that are just stupid in how they execute things.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 19:52   Link #865
Totemstock

Hey if it's ok that i make a request for a gif with episode 11 12:06-12:07 only the picture with the slapping in the face with money part please?
Totemstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 20:05   Link #866
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Jirou really can touch a boob without even getting hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totemstock View Post
Hey if it's ok that i make a request for a gif with episode 11 12:06-12:07 only the picture with the slapping in the face with money part please?
^ You could use this thread for asking avatar.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 20:16   Link #867
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Well, let's face it, I wasn't watching this show for the clever plot twists or believable situations. The "I've failed as a butler" drama has happened three times now, and it's just as awkward goofy no matter how many times they emphasize how important this is to Subaru. Oh well, if she needs to drown her sorrows, at least she's a cheap drunk.

Quote:
If you're just looking for the gif, and not an avatar, TheEroKing posted this literally one page back.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 20:28   Link #868
Lukeman1884

Seems like they're gonna go for an original ending and have Konoe come out to everyone next ep.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 20:32   Link #869
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Original ending? I guess that's to be expected. I don't think they're planning for a second season either after watching the first episode. Still, the popularity of this anime might have surprised them and changed their minds so that they will make it...

I hope.

Btw, does anyone think that the pacing of this episode is way too fast?
Definitely way too fast- they basically covered two chapters in 2/3 of the episode, Nya-hicup and Drunk Subaru, as well as an original scenario with Subaru getting fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Never read the novels but that's what I was thinking too.

I mean the whole basis of this show was on Subaru keeping up her disguise as a boy and serving as Suzukitizu's butler.

Now that she's no longer a butler she can be a normal person and pursue a relationship with Jirou with no consequences.....

That and so far for an anime that may have been leaning towards a harem ending this hasn't gone that far either.

Though isn't the reason she became a butler was because she didn't want her father to remarry? Does that mean her dad's going to have to find a new a partner and make a child to be the new butler?
Well technically I didn't read the Light Novel per say, but it's just a simple enough story that I could tell what's going on from reading the title as well as skimming through a few passages and illustration That said, I don't know what happens in the future volumes, but I know this was not how the current volume had ended.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 20:48   Link #870
Totemstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Well, let's face it, I wasn't watching this show for the clever plot twists or believable situations. The "I've failed as a butler" drama has happened three times now, and it's just as awkward goofy no matter how many times they emphasize how important this is to Subaru. Oh well, if she needs to drown her sorrows, at least she's a cheap drunk.

If you're just looking for the gif, and not an avatar, TheEroKing posted this literally one page back.
I am looking to make the gif my avatar.
Old 2011-09-16, 20:56   Link #871
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Subaru is a super lite wight and Kanade just so cute when she mews
Old 2011-09-16, 21:08   Link #872
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Once again, Kanade stole the show. You go, girl!
The nyu-"hiccup" was really cute.

Konoe is "fired" under a pretense, for the sole reason she doesn't have to pretend to be a boy anymore and can go to school as a girl - watching the preview, she does just that.
This is now very strongly hinting at a Konoe x Jirou ending, but we still have two episodes left, and we got some Kanade development... looks like there will be one last twist.
We might even get a Konoe x Jirou x Kanade ending, now that would be something

Episode 11 screenshots on my homepage:
http://pantsudaisuki.wordpress.com/2...mayo-chiki-11/
Old 2011-09-16, 22:38   Link #873
EroKing

Quote:
I am looking to make the gif my avatar.
Here you go. 2nd one is a bit brighter.

Old 2011-09-16, 22:42   Link #874
Totemstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Here you go. 2nd one is a bit brighter.

Thank you a bunch
Old 2011-09-17, 05:17   Link #875
Silverwyrm

Whoa that was...fast...but the Nyu's were adorable so whatever
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 13:41   Link #876
Kaiba

I picked up this show yesterday as I was bored, and a quick question about a scene in episode 3.

How is Jirou's name written. My assumption of "Kinjirou" is that it's 金次郎。 Yet his dad says that "Kinji" was chosen because he wants his son to become a man who can ask someone to stay by him. I don't see where "金次” factors into that.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 15:19   Link #877
Sumeragi
Banned

Sakamachi Kinjiro: 坂町 近次郎. You used 金 when it's 近.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 19:06   Link #878
ceil210

No subtitles on episodes 10 or 11? I don't know enough Japanese to understand it without them
ceil210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 19:43   Link #879
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Have you looked hard enough?
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 19:58   Link #880
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceil210 View Post
No subtitles on episodes 10 or 11? I don't know enough Japanese to understand it without them
Wherever you're getting your Anime Subs from... I highly recommend you cut ties with them and move on to greener pastures
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, gender bender, harem, light novel adaptation, reverse trap, romance, shounen