AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-04-04, 21:08   Link #21
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

To make it clear, the anime is written by Kaihou Norimitsu.

His resume includes Jingai Makyou, various publication of Shinigami no Shiro, Guilty Gear X & XX story mode, Drama CDs, and novels.
He also written 3 episodes of Gargantia.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 21:29   Link #22
FunnyGuy
Banned

Episode 1

Her brother's a lolicon......
FunnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 22:26   Link #23
Mangonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Didn't expect a 'leap' story.

Not sure I like the whole double/future self? whatever is going on hijinks.
So that was his future/double then? Hair and such looked different but I guess that was the lighting.

Was kinda lol they thought to use their paintball pistols in combat, but at least he apparently had enough sense to grab the real pistol albeit too derp to shoot his other self in the back.

I'm also wondering if there is some sort of superhuman element going on here given the loli's concrete shattering attack and some of the wtf acrobatics pulled off during the fight in the other world.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 00:05   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I thought this was a new season of Gunslinger Girl...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 02:14   Link #25
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 01

Hmm ... that was ... unexpected. I kinda liked it. Interdimensional jumpings and multiple versions of a person could give me a headache real quick, but all in all not bad.

This was not on my radar at all.

I may give the next few eps a try....
Old 2015-04-05, 05:02   Link #26
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so in the future, some people from the future are going back to the past and having some cool gunfight battle, eh?

one notable scene is when Kyoka fought with the loli-servant.. "just take Tohru already!" "keep my onii-chan!" well, that's funny

I'm interested with the past behind Kyoka and Tohru.. about how they meet, etc

Tohru might have a terrible past since we got 2 Tohru (which I'm certain might come from different timeline.. or even different dimension)

ah anyway, I'm enjoying the fight.. it's like going back to GunGale Online again

I hope Urobutcher didn't kill the main heroine.. please.. at least, make some romance happened in the end
Spoiler for other work:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 06:58   Link #27
Iron Maw
Banned

ep1

Hmmm... this was okay. Not sure going where this is all going with the doppelganger stuff, but characters seemingly to having time traveled to interest me enough to give this the 3 episode treatment.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 09:30   Link #28
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangonel View Post
So that was his future/double then? Hair and such looked different but I guess that was the lighting.

Was kinda lol they thought to use their paintball pistols in combat, but at least he apparently had enough sense to grab the real pistol albeit too derp to shoot his other self in the back.

I'm also wondering if there is some sort of superhuman element going on here given the loli's concrete shattering attack and some of the wtf acrobatics pulled off during the fight in the other world.
From the exposition about rankings in the beginning, I assumed her acrobatics and reaction time of being able to dodge bullets came from her genes.
I was getting that it was like gattaca where people are able to modify their kids during birth and the more money you have, the better you can upgrade their stats
Old 2015-04-05, 09:39   Link #29
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Aren't both Tohru from the distant future? (or different dimensions) One more distant than the other? But they both travel back in time to 2015 where they meet? Is my understanding correct? Because I saw the year 2015 pop up in that bulletin board, and the OP showed white Tohru in what looks like a post-apocalypse setting of black Tohru's city.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 10:28   Link #30
Mangonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Aren't both Tohru from the distant future? (or different dimensions) One more distant than the other? But they both travel back in time to 2015 where they meet? Is my understanding correct? Because I saw the year 2015 pop up in that bulletin board, and the OP showed white Tohru in what looks like a post-apocalypse setting of black Tohru's city.
Given the weaponry used its seems to indicate that all combatants are from different times since the battlefield appears to be in 2015.

I get the genetic modification stuff, and I'd buy acrobatics from it, but there are limits to what bone and flesh can endure. That concrete shattering dive attack had to have some serious force behind it given humans have a hard enough time shattering concrete with hand tools.

I'm not that nitpicky honestly, and genetic tinkering will suffice as a lampshade if thats what they go for. I just prefer more realistic lampshades.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 11:05   Link #31
Malicre

I get the feeling that this anime is going to be just like Noein, The MC meets himself in the future and his future self tells him to protect the girl who eventually dies anyways, bla bla bla. not sure if i want to watch it or not.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 12:27   Link #32
zalem

Well, doppelganger/alternate versions of characters and time travel is nothing new really. Noein did it excellently and I don't know that this series can live up to something like that. But I'll give this series a try. Main character seems kind of dull though, but hopefully he will be developed more.
Old 2015-04-05, 15:52   Link #33
bastek66

It wasn't as bad as some people say but animation quality was low for a first episode, doesn't look primising. Plot is rather interesting.
Old 2015-04-05, 16:10   Link #34
MartianMage

Seems interesting... the animation is kinda meh though... I mean from the fights in the first episode I get the feeling that they're trying to do some Resonance of Fate / End of Eternity stuff with flashy jumps and guns except the problem is the animation team can't keep up.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 20:01   Link #35
Esclair

Is this going to be the cliffhanger every week show this season?
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 20:04   Link #36
Wandering Soul

Not the best first episode but the plot seems intresting. I guess I will stick around for a few more episodes.
Old 2015-04-05, 23:39   Link #37
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm the opposite of people here; I was more impressed by the fights than I was with the plot. I dunno, the whole kill your alternate reality self just didn't jive with me. The fights on the other hand, I was actually pumped a bit for. To be fair, I thought Kekkai Sensen had better fights but its plot was way worse; at least here I have an idea of what they are going for.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 01:30   Link #38
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
To bad the animation quality is so poor, because I think the premise sounds interesting, and the fight strategies not so bad.
Old 2015-04-06, 09:17   Link #39
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

This 10 min short from 2014 seem to do a better job at explaining the premise: http://youtu.be/LXfGKDFu5LA
Old 2015-04-06, 12:13   Link #40
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
This 10 min short from 2014 seem to do a better job at explaining the premise: http://youtu.be/LXfGKDFu5LA
Reading the summary again of the original game, I'm pretty much getting the gist of what's going on and what might be happening in the show.

Spoiler for premise as I understand it:

Well, I'm pretty sure I know how this is going to end, especially with this little girl who keeps writing complicated calculation on the ground. But it'll be interesting in seeing the journey of how they get there.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote