AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2023-07-18, 11:44   Link #8161
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
I dunno, in theory Demoniac Brillance Of Evil Light should be just Lucifer Devil Trait so something not above Maou Class but maybe if the theory that it let Vali turn into a silver bat-like monsters is true then it can be that using it together with the DXD L could result into the first of the ???

I was thinking that since Satan Compression Driver is a release of light they maybe Vali could have already awake it unconsciously but it would need something related to the original Lucifer for using it properly just like it was happened with Ingvild in the DX 7.
A silver bat? is Vali a vampire now?

Besides the fact that Hades called the devil's 'bata' because of their bat-like wings, devils really don't subscribe to a particular animal or species besides their own. The vampires are associated with bats as we've seen both Gasper and Elmenhilde turn into bats.

For example we have the House of Phenex that is associated with the mythical bird, the Phoenix, and they even have the same abilities. We have the House of Bune who are dragon tamers and rare members have the ability to transform into a dragon like Sairaorg's rook, the House of Vapula who specialize in lion taming, the House of Furcas who specializes in horse taming, the House of Forneus whose members are apparently monsters with a fish-likr humanoid appearance, and the House of Vepar are devil mermaids. Not to mention the House of Gremory's mascot is a camel. And the descendants of Beelzebub are associated with flies and the descendants of Leviathan can turn into giant sea serpents.

Vali is a dragon because of his Divine Dividing that houses the soul of Albion.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-18, 15:02   Link #8162
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
A silver bat? is Vali a vampire now?
@ Lucidrago the theory of Vali turning into a silver bat monster wans't mine but it was made by a guy on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/HighschoolD...evil_light_of/

Quote:
And the descendants of Beelzebub are associated with flies and the descendants of Leviathan can turn into giant sea serpents.
The Reddit guy think that since Leviathan can turn into giant sea serpents and that Belzeebub guy of DXD 0 became a chimera fly thanks the Malebranche then he had though that maybe the Lucifer's clan memebers may have a transformation as well.

He think that the creature of the Lucifer Magic circle could be a hint about this silver bat form that he have think about it.

Quote:
Vali is a dragon because of his Divine Dividing that houses the soul of Albion.
Well but Vali is not like Issei, the dragon aura is not dominant part of his power. He host the soul of Albion but unlike Issei he still is a half human and not a humanoid dragon turned into a devil.

Maybe Vali next power up could traits of both a bat and a dragon.
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-18, 15:40   Link #8163
Lucidrago

@Hyodou True DxD By that logic Issei wouldn't be considered a dragon before Volume 12.

The main source of Vali's power at the moment is his Divine Dividing. He shares the same title and abilities as Albion and people consider them one in the same. His demonic power as a descendant of Lucifer will more likely just be an avenue to increase the power of his Divine Dividing rather than the main source of power itself. So Vali is considered a dragon just like Issei was even before he got his new body.

Why rob Vali of his greatest source of strength. When have you ever seen Vali not using his Sacred Gear? The same goes for Issei. The Longinus are their main source of power and trying to make them stronger without it or turning Vali into a vampire doesn't really serve any purpose.
Old 2023-07-18, 15:45   Link #8164
Dareal_truth

He has the book of Lucifer with him that’s a + idk where the bat came from as long it isn’t a mecha like AXA I’m stone
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-18, 16:09   Link #8165
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
The main source of Vali's power at the moment is his Divine Dividing. He shares the same title and abilities as Albion and people consider them one in the same. His demonic power as a descendant of Lucifer will more likely just be an avenue to increase the power of his Divine Dividing rather than the main source of power itself. So Vali is considered a dragon just like Issei was even before he got his new body.
Well you are right on this, indeed in the Ishi's blog even AXA was listed as one of the ability of BG but Issei and Vali for fight the strongest Eevie would need more than their Longinus.

I mean there is Eevie that weaker than Malvezoa but still stronger than GR so even with the powers of Dragon Gods the BG would't be enough.

Quote:
The Longinus are their main source of power and trying to make them stronger without it or turning Vali into a vampire doesn't really serve any purpose.

I was thinking that maybe Vali could use the bat form together the DXD L for access to a new form in this way he would further combine the powers of Lucifer and his Longinus. Lucifer's powers for Vali are important just like the DD, I mean without them he couldn't have get the EJOD and the DXD L just like Issei couldn't have get the IMT and CXC without his evil pieces and love for breast, the DXD G without Ophis and AXA without Ryuuuteimaru and GR's power.

Issei and Vali thing is that they are special cause unlike the others previous wielders of BG and DD they have powers to which make their Longinus have a unique evolution that no one else as ever get.

In their growth their other source of power was important just like their Longinus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
He has the book of Lucifer with him that’s a + idk where the bat came from as long it isn’t a mecha like AXA I’m stone
Maybe it can be that Vali would find about the Demoniac Brillance Of Evil Light thanks the Lucifer Book.
Old 2023-07-19, 18:30   Link #8166
B214

When Rizevim was introduced, many also assume Ise would get a power up outside the Boosted Gear too.
Right now the SG system itself is in an unpredictable situation that's why more longinus exist now. If SG can evolve into Longinus, why can't Longinus evolve beyond their current state?
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-19, 20:28   Link #8167
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
When Rizevim was introduced, many also assume Ise would get a power up outside the Boosted Gear too.
Right now the SG system itself is in an unpredictable situation that's why more longinus exist now. If SG can evolve into Longinus, why can't Longinus evolve beyond their current state?
My problem so far is that I think there are more named Longinus in the series than there are named regular Sacred Gears despite Longinus being on the rare end.
Old 2023-07-20, 04:55   Link #8168
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Right now the SG system itself is in an unpredictable situation that's why more longinus exist now.
I think that others SG that possible could evolve into a Longinus could have been the ones of Slash Dog's team members and the one of Vritra, but I guess it could be too late right now.

I fell sorry for Saji, for make his SG evolve into a Longinus it would be enough some sort of narrative shortcut such let him absorb the blood of the current Issei.

I would accept any bullshit Ishi put in the plot if it would allow Saji to be once again relevant at least a minimum, but I'm afraid he have really done with him.

Quote:
If SG can evolve into Longinus, why can't Longinus evolve beyond their current state?
Indeed is a while that I'm thinking that maybe the BG for adapting better to the 8 Mutated Pieces and the Dragon Gods's powers of Issei's body could turn into a crimson and black form.

Quote:
My problem so far is that I think there are more named Longinus in the series than there are named regular Sacred Gears despite Longinus being on the rare end.
Well unfortunately even both the Super Devils and Dragon God's power too level aren't rarity any more as well.

The power level is going to be crazy, they new opponents are going to be devil counterpart of the SG whose leader according with 4 originals Maou shouldn't be awake and invaders from another world that are too much even for the GR. Basically the DXD has need those new Longinus's members.

I mean Azazel himself has said that the EXE's foundation basically would be a task force of Longinus's wielders that have to fight dangerous threat.
Old 2023-07-20, 20:43   Link #8169
Dareal_truth

Yea I believe the CIA Taskforce he made it seem like it will be after, the war 2i forgot how many years down the road
Old 2023-07-21, 17:00   Link #8170
Xuanwu

What are the chances of Runeas joining the tournament? IIRC, she displayed an interest in participating but it doesn't seem like they want to let her.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-21, 17:50   Link #8171
Dareal_truth

0 makes no sense for her to stay in the story it’ll shadow other characters, if she joins ise team it’ll overshadow his growth
Old 2023-07-22, 01:05   Link #8172
B214

Quote:
It's easier to name out a list of powerful items or people over a list of general items or soldiers.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-22, 08:47   Link #8173
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
What are the chances of Runeas joining the tournament? IIRC, she displayed an interest in participating but it doesn't seem like they want to let her.
@ Xuanwu I think that you should propose this idea on the thread of the future plot or the one of others topics cause I find this idea of yours something more suited for those threads than this one.

I was thinking it could be that Typhoon could be killed and his soul will be sealed in that artificial SG that Azazel were using in EX for fighting EX's timeline Loki BXB?

Maybe Barakiel could use it again the Eevie.
Old 2023-07-22, 09:00   Link #8174
Lucidrago

Quote:
@ Xuanwu I think that you should propose this idea on the thread of the future plot or the one of others topics cause I find this idea of yours something more suited for those threads than this one.

I was thinking it could be that Typhoon could be killed and his soul will be sealed in that artificial SG that Azazel were using in EX for fighting EX's timeline Loki BXB?

Maybe Barakiel could use it again the Eevie.
What's the point of killing off a side character who is only relevant because of the Azazel Cup? He's already killed off Great Red who was barely a character so there was really no huge cost. Typhon's death would serve no purpose as we already know how strong the enemy is at this point.

If Ishibuni wanted to make this series more serious by killing off the good guys he would have done it way back in the fourth arc. Even Trihexa which was supposed to be a major threat and required the leaders of the major factions to seal themselves in which was supposed to hold a lot of weight now has them joking around in the barrier like they're having the time of their lives.

This series is way too comedic for certain things at this point.
Old 2023-07-23, 14:43   Link #8175
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Guys beside Vali who else could used the Malebranche?

Any idea?
Old 2023-07-23, 17:17   Link #8176
Dareal_truth

Idea that makes sense? No not really
Old 2023-07-23, 22:46   Link #8177
Lucidrago

Quote:
Guys beside Vali who else could used the Malebranche?

Any idea?
No one really.

Because they're made up of the same materials as the evil pieces Ishibumi might have a rule that those with evil pieces inside them can't use the Malebranche's power. For fear of overloading or something.

Sairaorg would never accept such a thing as it would render his character obsolete.

People like Grayfia, Ajuka, and Diehauser are just side characters and such power would be wasted on them.

Same with almost all of the other devils in this series.

Vali's really the only viable option at this stage.

And based on what we saw in Volume 0, getting power from the Malebranche seems to come with a cost as we saw with that Beelzebub descendant who lost control. So Vali may be the only one who can harness the full power of the Malebranche because of his immense power and inborn talent. We're talking about the guy who could go into Juggernaut Drive without losing his life force using his demonic power as a substitute, the guy who dominated his predecessors, and the guy who survived Samael's curse. If anyone can control the Malebranche and bring them under their control, it's Vali.
Old 2023-07-23, 23:34   Link #8178
Dareal_truth

You know they could temporarily use it until vail actually get the powers fully that’s the most visible sense to me that could work for the current plot or that ExE goddess could give everyone else power ups
Old 2023-07-24, 08:25   Link #8179
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
You know they could temporarily use it until vail actually get the powers fully that’s the most visible sense to me that could work for the current plot or that ExE goddess could give everyone else power ups
Not really the way this series works. The only characters Ishibuni actively cares about are Issei, Vali, Sairaorg, Cao Cao, Tobio, and Kiba in a sense. Anyone other than those five are insignificant side characters, somewhat significant side characters who will get their 5 seconds of fame and glory and then become insignificant, or the females in or surrounding the main cast who he pretends he cares about but underutilizes them or use them as measuring sticks for everyone else and never have them defeat anybody unless it's a team battle or their own respective volume.
Old 2023-07-24, 08:27   Link #8180
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Because they're made up of the same materials as the evil pieces Ishibumi might have a rule that those with evil pieces inside them can't use the Malebranche's power. For fear of overloading or something.
Maybe cause the evil pieces and the Malebranche are made of the same material the evil pieces could contain a little the power of the Malebranche.

I have think about the possibility that Saji in the attempt to weaken one of the Malebranches he could use the The Absorption Line one of them and this would make him get a evolved and corrupted version of Vritra Promotion in which he have more tentacles and his flames have even more powerful curses.

In a first moment it could only be driven by the desire to continue attacking the Malebranche and becoming a danger to others as its flames and tentacles would be out of control. Perhaps Saji could reuse this form whenever he gets very angry because the power of the Malebranches could have permanently affected both his Evil Pieces and SG.

Quote:
Sairaorg would never accept such a thing as it would render his character obsolete.
I'm agree with this but for getting close to realize his dream he already have put his pride aside and having accept to use the Regulus's power.

For me if mother, brother and peerage would in danger and Regulus wouldn't be enough he could accept to get a little help from of them.

Quote:
People like Grayfia, Ajuka, and Diehauser are just side characters and such power would be wasted on them.
Well Ajuka don't need them unless he want that he could use them for fight a very powerful Eevie.

I won't discarded nor Grafyia nor Diehauser.

Quote:
Same with almost all of the other devils in this series.

I dunno, Raiser might want so much find a way to be useful to his sister that could ask one of them to share some of its power with him.

This sort inferiority complex and wanting to be useful to others to the point of trying to use the Malebranche could also afflict Sona and Saji in my opinion.

There a Eevie that is GR's level and another that is above GR's level, maybe Balberith could take one of them in future but not with Malebranche. I have think that maybe Issei could give the Dividing Wyvern Fairy for give him his own scale mail.

Considering Issei is Balberith's idol I think he would love to be able to wear armor like his.