AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2012-10-25, 06:08   Link #23181
Seitsuki
Onee!

You really need to ask? Who are the only people crazy and perverted enough to come up with this kid of thing?

......er, on a regular basis?
Old 2012-10-25, 11:40   Link #23182
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
where does this idea originally come from anyway? western or eastern?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 21:27   Link #23183
Aerii

Okay! Done proofreading. Unfortunately, I've done it in a really inefficient and ultimately dumb way. Instead of just looking at the script and proofreading that, I played the game instead. On day 2, I even gave up on trying to play through every choice using rollback. Oh well. Looking at the script would've been cheating. And less fun.

Also, instead of correcting the script myself, I just painstakingly typed up every typo that needed to be corrected. In case someone had already worked on the script in between the time it was uploaded and now. I wouldn't mind fixing them all myself, though.

When I think about it... why am I proofreading it when it's not done yet (also, no one even asked me to do this)... Then again, I didn't realize that until the end. Herp. Anyway, this sorta just covers everything on the Divine Route. I'll play it again. Also, please ignore every time I point out missing formatting that was there before occasionally, like transitions. I... was having a dumb moment for a while. I... also may have accidentally pointed out "mistakes" that were just differences between British and American English. I tried to erase all those corrections. Anyway, that was really super awesome (though I did get some exception thingies).

EDIT: Trying to do all the Nagato-friendly choices this time around. Since Yuuki is my favorite after Haruki... I'm not shallow, right? Right? I actually kinda wanna draw or color sprites or do something more productive than this but... can't do anything without, at the very least, that height chart. Which I lack access to.

Corrections
Spoiler:

Last edited by Aerii; 2012-11-03 at 20:00.
Aerii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 20:35   Link #23184
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerii View Post
*snip*
Okay, (almost) everything you listed is fixed. I'll work out the kinks on the long lines at another point, and there were one or two of your grammar points I didn't agree with (damned if I can remember what they were, though). I did add a really simplistic conditional in Day 1 for the "horrific ordeal" line, which changes the line to
Quote:
"After that horrific ordeal at breakfast and enduring Itsuko's teasing, I came to class only to be greeted by an over-energetic Haruki, whose enthusiasm is (as always) only exceeded by his complete stupidity."
if you walked up the hill with Itsuko in the previous scene. And yes, I am accepting suggestions on a better version for that.

Oh, and let is a synonym for rent/lease. It's more common in British English than American, though, so which we want to use is up in the air.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 14:43   Link #23185
Magnificate

I've played a bit of the Demo and to my dissapointment I found myself skipping throught most of the introduction, the green text and the 'Higurashi' bits. These don't feel like the usual lighthearted Haruhi material.
Magnificate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 20:12   Link #23186
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Uwah, there was a demo? And I didn't get it!?

Aw. ._.'
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 20:57   Link #23187
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnificate View Post
I've played a bit of the Demo and to my dissapointment I found myself skipping throught most of the introduction, the green text and the 'Higurashi' bits. These don't feel like the usual lighthearted Haruhi material.
It's not supposed to be the usual lighthearted Haruhi material. That was the point.
It's something I'm not exactly as enthusiastic about now, though.
Old 2012-11-05, 20:45   Link #23188
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

So the green text was a Higurashi reference?

As someone who was unfamiliar with HIgurashi at the time, that made it a point of confusion.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 20:50   Link #23189
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

More an Umineko reference than Higurashi.

I still think the path to genderbend all 11 novels would be the correct course at this time. A lot was done, but I don't think the groups every really got past the 7th novel.
Old 2012-11-06, 11:37   Link #23190
Aerii

Quote:
Although I like it because it's not lighthearted and yet it's still Haruhi-flavored, the reason I put off playing it so long was indeed because the dream intro thing was soo boring. (That's even why I put off reading the script before it was compiled. orz.) I also found myself clicking quickly through the bits with Mr. Fence and the magical kingdom of green (skipping is for chumps) and then when it didn't end quickly I just read the script because I'm supposed to be proofreading (oops).

Speaking of the green text, there's gotta be a better way to do it than that. I don't mind the green text being there, but since Midori talks so often at the start, it's like read what she says, then read the story, then read how she reacts to it. It'd be cool if you could get them to appear concurrently? So that when you click, you see Midori's text and the new dialogue still appears at the bottom? Well, that'd be a bit more trouble...

(Also, I didn't know it was a reference to anything. orz.)

By the way... the first time I played, I didn't write down a lot of the typos thinking, "No one will care but me." So I missed a lot of the initial ones. I'll add some more to my other post in a while... sorry, Scify... maybe I'll put them in a different spoiler? Or make the new ones a different color?

@Khu: There still is, bro.
Aerii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 12:12   Link #23191
Magnificate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
So the green text was a Higurashi reference?
By 'Higurashi' I meant the bits with murder and blood. I'd rather pretend these are not present since these bits radically change the tone of the story. It might work as a culmination or climax (see the 4th novel), but certainly not as dreams or flashbacks/forwards/sidewises.

As far as I can see, Green Text has no truth-value as the Red Text of Umineko had. It's just a way of showing the Green Queen speak. I have no objection to the color, rather to the content. I do not like being taunted, neither do I like the characters being taunted by the 'narrator'. I do not like seeing powers separate from these already established in canon. It's my personal preference, but I also don't like Haruhi/Haruki directly exercising their reality warper powers.

Since I'm at it I'll add the main problem with introduction was it being too long. I don't need to be explained that sliding is rippling. I can get the idea behind it from one or two sentences of explanation and that should be enough.
Old 2012-11-06, 19:38   Link #23192
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerii View Post
Speaking of the green text, there's gotta be a better way to do it than that. I don't mind the green text being there, but since Midori talks so often at the start, it's like read what she says, then read the story, then read how she reacts to it. It'd be cool if you could get them to appear concurrently? So that when you click, you see Midori's text and the new dialogue still appears at the bottom? Well, that'd be a bit more trouble...
There probably is, and I'll look into pursuing it if/when I have more to work with. Right now, Midori is just using the built-in <centered> character with a green text option, so it reads through the same as the other characters.

That being said, ultimatemegax sent me a link with the audio files he had, so I'll be looking at those in my spare time and trying to think up how to work them in. Also, brushing up on how to do that beforehand. And I found the link for the background location scouting for the anime, so I'm considering throwing out most of the old images I had and working those in instead (Katawa Shoujo-style, probably).
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 13:17   Link #23193
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
As far as I can see, Green Text has no truth-value as the Red Text of Umineko had. It's just a way of showing the Green Queen speak. I have no objection to the color, rather to the content. I do not like being taunted, neither do I like the characters being taunted by the 'narrator'. I do not like seeing powers separate from these already established in canon. It's my personal preference, but I also don't like Haruhi/Haruki directly exercising their reality warper powers.
Everything else you said is personal preference too, you know.
Like I said, the original premise was essentially "hey what if we took the Haruhi series and made it as dark as it has the potential to be".
As for powers not established in canon... to be honest I don't even remember the basis of the Green's abilities at this point. I knew once though.
Old 2012-11-08, 15:14   Link #23194
Magnificate

[QUOTE=Kaisos Erranon;4431137]Everything else you said is personal preference too, you know.[/quite]
Quite so. BTW, while it doesn't hit all the sweetspots the core narrative is good and you've gotta appreciate dedicated fanworks like Seitenkan.
Old 2012-11-20, 08:18   Link #23195
SoulofSomfing

hi guys,
anyone found any english translation of taida life spindle from volume 5 onwards? I seen the type setting but would be nice to have the actual translated doujin. Also if som1 can point me to find the english translated version for Tea of the Sagitarus after... the 6th chapter of the series onwards i think. I couldnt find them.

Thannnks
Old 2012-11-22, 10:10   Link #23196
s07195
However,

Hi, translator of Taida Life Spindle here. The typesetter for the doujin mysteriously disappeared a while before, and I don't know how to do the typesetting, so the doujin will just stay as typesetting for now, I guess...

(yoshi, time to go learn photoshop!!)
Old 2012-11-23, 04:08   Link #23197
SoulofSomfing

Thanks for your efforts! I realise most of the raws or chinese translated have been removed. If you have the raws from chapter 5 onwards could u post them up? And by type setting is it just translated text thats not been placed onto the doujin?
Old 2012-11-26, 08:00   Link #23198
s07195
However,

Well, I do have the raws, and there's a working DL link in the archive... (the mediafire one I think)
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=6399

I think more of this talk should be moved to the Genderbending Images thread...

And yeah, 'typesetting' is just my name for the raw translation text...
Old 2013-06-21, 18:50   Link #23199
HuuskerDu

Post The Final Act of Haruki Suzumiya

I'm using the world of Suzumiya Haruhi no Seitenkan to write a series of fan fics with a heavy Sci-Fi theme so I can kick around some philosophical ideas (and to kick around some philosphers). It features Kyonko and her interactions with her mentor, an older married Kyon.

Kyonko is such a fascinating character. I really love her. And having the sassy but sexually inexperienced teenage girl meet her own grown-up and world-weary married gender-opposite counterpart is so much fun. I am gradually developing Kyonko's character in depth (over 40,000 words currently), and building up her relationship with her older brother from another universe. With Kyonko being female, it makes her character rather different from the original canon Kyon in some surprising ways.

Although it is not a literal genderbent (Kyon and Kyonko are separate people), the series does feature all the genderbent characters, including Haruki, Yuuki, Itsuko, etc.

The first story is called The Realization of Haruki Suzumiya. It is an introduction for readers who are unfamiliar with Suzumiya Haruhi no Seitenkan.

The primary story is called The Final Act of Haruki Suzumiya. I admit I play around a lot and do a bunch of mind screw with lots of humor, and I am messing with your head , but I am deadly serious about the philosophical arguments I'm trying to make. The story is basically a playground to kick around a bunch of philosphical ideas about epistemology and ontology, some silly , some deep .

I am not including a link because I'm not sure if the rules allow it. The link for the main story is in my signature below.

-HuuskerDu

Last edited by HuuskerDu; 2013-06-21 at 23:57. Reason: Tweaked
HuuskerDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 05:19   Link #23200
DarkToadster

Hello to all of you brave writers and programmers!

I think it was approximately 2 years ago that I stumbled upon this thread and was caught in the fascination of a genderbent Haruhi universe. Checked every once in a while and it really felt like the project was going to be finished. Saw a demo link but unfortunately it's already dead... and now I would really, really, really like to know the current situation of the project. Seems like script and all is done and it's playable (with missing bits of art here and there). Is it by any chance already playable for anyone? (say, for example, me? )

In any case I'm so glad people put their mind to a project like this! I hope you will finish it, since it sounds so very promising and I can't imagine it to be any less awesome than the official stuff.
DarkToadster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan