Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-09, 20:05   Link #301
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
But like I said before, China has no motive in actually occupying the Philippines itself. If things came to war all they would have to do is control the air and sea and let the bombing begin.
Scared for melee?
Old 2012-05-09, 20:08   Link #302
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

While I applaud your bravery, only a fool isn't afraid of a fight.

Niker

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-05-09, 20:12   Link #303
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Scared for melee?
Human emotion has nothing to do with it. For the PRC, to crush the Philippines would be about as hard as it is for me to break a kitten's neck. Not that I would do such a thing. But the bravery of the kitten would not matter.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:12   Link #304
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niker117 View Post
While I applaud your bravery, only a fool isn't afraid of a fight.
Tell that to the all the dead soldiers and patriots.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:14   Link #305
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Scared for melee?
There's about a million of Chinese Filipino, dude, and they are the ones who suffer the most if a war should start. And if they weren't here and war started, it would be way less funny.

Vietnam remembers bombs, as a matter of fact. You can go directly ask them.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:14   Link #306
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

As I said, only a fool charges straight to death. It is normal to be afraid for one's life, in order to at least maximize your life. Charging straightforward is a sure way to just pile up bodies a la Soviet Russia

Niker

Old 2012-05-09, 20:15   Link #307
NeoChan
Banned

@Niker- what we meant is scarying us is useless.. We are good people in a time of peace but....never mind.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:19   Link #308
NeoChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niker117 View Post
As I said, only a fool charges straight to death.
True yeah. But I wouldn't just stand here doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Vietnam remembers bombs, as a matter of fact. You can go directly ask them.
I know man, coz an ammo dam just blew near our place years ago. Yeah, Chinese Filipinos, do you think they like what their ancestral home is doing?

Oh the bombings? When is that? Vietnam War... look at the ending. Jungle warfare isn't easy.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:23   Link #309
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoChan View Post
Yeah, Chinese Filipinos, do you think they like what their ancestral home is doing?
Assuming that they would like to see their houses on fire better?
Quote:
Oh the bombings? When is that? Vietnam War... look at the ending. Jungle warfare isn't easy.
And the North Vietnamese cheerfully remember the up to 182,000 casualties by the bombs? The up to 4 million war victims? Probably not.

Oh, and the over 4,000,000 victims of dioxin poisoning in Vietnam was certainly not something to be proud of.

No one wants war. If it really comes to one in this case, then both countries are all at fault.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:26   Link #310
NeoChan
Banned

Quote:
And the North Vietnamese cheerfully remember the up to 182,000 casualties by the bombs? The up to 4 million war victims? Probably not.
Hahaha.. I bet just because your house burned down you will cry for mercy right?
Old 2012-05-09, 20:28   Link #311
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:

Oh, and the over 4,000,000 victims of dioxin poisoning in Vietnam was certainly not something to be proud of.
So you're suggesting to just surrender? Because if the PRC really wanted to fight and actually start it, I doubt that nothing short of a global initiative against the PRC would stop them, and China wouldn't want that.

Remember it's not your life on the line, it's ours, myself a Filipino-Chinese.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:30   Link #312
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Hahaha.. I bet just because your house burned down you will cry for mercy right?
Hmmm...if my house burnt down, then i'd go to the insurance company here at where I live. However, I doubt that it'd be your case if some fire caused by a few bombs on your house was to start. And I'd like to see your face if it'd happen to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So you're suggesting to just surrender? Because if the PRC really wanted to fight and actually start it, I doubt that nothing short of a global initiative against the PRC would stop them, and China wouldn't want that.

Remember it's not your life on the line, it's ours, myself a Filipino-Chinese.
Do I need to say that PRC does NOT want a war? If there really was one, then it would mean that Philippines pushed it to the limit, since China would gain absolutely nothing.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:30   Link #313
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Tell that to the all the dead soldiers and patriots.
You can't because the are dead. Bravery and patriotism are one thing , massacre and disaster another. And be sure than if shit got real, even if you got the former the latter will be the end result.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:36   Link #314
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
You can't because the are dead. Bravery and patriotism are one thing , massacre and disaster another. And be sure than if shit got real, even if you got the former the latter will be the end result.
Well, that's what we get for fighting for our homeland, right American Indians (against Cowboys)? Russians(against Germany), eh China (Boxer rebellion)?

Sorry for being nationalistic.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:40   Link #315
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Hmmm...if my house burnt down, then i'd go to the insurance company here at where I live. However, I doubt that it'd be your case if some fire caused by a few bombs on your house was to start. And I'd like to see your face if it'd happen to you.

Do I need to say that PRC does NOT want a war? If there really was one, then it would mean that Philippines pushed it to the limit, since China would gain absolutely nothing.
And I highly doubt that the Philippines can push China to its limit given the rickety armed forces and the most confrontational thing the government has done is ask for an ITLOS arbitration.

If, and I stress IF, China decides to go to war, it will be for far less provocation than this.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:46   Link #316
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I say the same thing. That's why I urge that country to bring this to the International Tribunal. I'm asking why? why is she afraid? Afraid of humiliation? Come on, we don't want war, I'm just saying we are ready for the worst.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:46   Link #317
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And I highly doubt that the Philippines can push China to its limit given the rickety armed forces and the most confrontational thing the government has done is ask for an ITLOS arbitration.

If, and I stress IF, China decides to go to war, it will be for far less provocation than this.
Then there simply won't be war. I don't know the details of the conversation, but China doesn't really like the US marine force out in Australia neither. Though there'd be very little chance that US will dare to send its army in case of a war, China will stay prudent.

Plus, it has been long since China has gone out to war. And right now, there's quite some drama going inside China's communist party, with some even accused of throwing a coup d'état. There's many things to deal inside the party, and the radical wing would probably be shut down.

If there really was a war, then the discussions should be quite ugly. Not a good time to start a war.

Quote:
I say the same thing. That's why I urge that country to bring this to the International Tribunal. I'm asking why? why is she afraid? Afraid of humiliation? Come on, we don't want war, I'm just saying we are ready for the worst.
It isn't the first time a country is skeptical of the UN, and surely not the last time. And as I said, PRC regards it as personal matters to deal with the Philippines.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:50   Link #318
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Unless there really is a group like Bildeberg that runs the whole world, I don't think that this situation is worth a war.

If it really does escalate to a war, well, I believe that all that talk about 2012 being the end of the world could be founded.

Niker

Old 2012-05-09, 20:51   Link #319
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:

It isn't the first time a country is skeptical of the UN, and surely not the last time. And as I said, PRC regards it as personal matters to deal with the Philippines.
And that's bullying.... for us. I just hope PRC would just bring this to ITLOS....coz this won't go no where. RP doesn't trust a country at acts opposite of what it says.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:51   Link #320
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The UN and internationally binding agreements are the best thing we have so I'll take it. As it stands, the 20th century pretty much introduced the necessity of having a global standing of face, so at the very least China has to respect the decision of the global community it wants to belong to.

It won't happen as long as it treats the issue as a purely internal affair, and as such it actually treats the issue in the same way it treats Taiwan.
Closed Thread