AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2015-11-04, 20:31   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 806 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Credit goes to Aohige for the spoiler summary:

-Chapter title is "At the Fortress of the Left Stomach". Splash page shows the people of Fusha village (Luffy's hometown) celebrating the recent news about him. Dadan is even seen playing with Makino's child!

-"Zou" sprays some seawater on itself from its trunk, flooding the island. The two samurai (as well as the monkey that crashed into them), riding up the elephant's leg on Kan's (bad) drawing of a cat, are about to get washed down, as well. Kanjurou says that his drawings will melt upon contact with water!

-After the rain, Wanda explains to Luffy that it was indeed the elephant (apparently named "Zunesa", probably based on the Hindu god Ganesha) spraying seawater on himself. She further explains that their city contains a purifier which filters the water, which is then used for everyday living. Plenty of fish rain down as well during these times, so food is no problem, either. Bepo tells Luffy that he can't leave the forest for now, so he tells him to bring Law there to meet him instead. Carrot, who's busy biting Luffy, tells him that despite Bepo being a mink, he's being held there by the "Cat Viper Boss" since he's still a pirate. Back to Usopp's group, Robin also comes to the conclusion that the flood was because of the elephant watering himself. At that moment, Usopp spots Luffy passing by on the alligator, and panics when he sees Carrot biting him, thinking that she's eating him alive, lol.

-Upon glancing at a crucifix in the city, Wanda recalls a brief flashback where a minkman leader is tortured by Jack, who's apparently seeking someone. Luffy asks the girls about Jack, and according to Wanda, he was reported dead in the newspapers. Naturally, this was because of the earlier event we saw where he set out to attack the marine ships holding Doflamingo. However, she also notes that Jack's death is unconfirmed. She herself believes he's out there somewhere, and will never forgive him for his deeds....

-Usopp's group catch up to Luffy using Law's Shambles. When confronting her about his comrades, Wanda tells Usopp it's an understanding, and they finally reached the fortress. Within, we finally see Nami, who's sleeping on top of a sheep man. Chopper calls out to her, telling her that the rest of the crew has arrived! Back to Luffy's group, Zoro is confused by the mink-people's friendliness, as he heard they hate humans. Wanda explains that's just a misconception made by people who fear the minks. Because to the minks, humans are basically a monkey-type mink with less hair, and licks Luffy again. Nami (who's being hugged by more minks) approaches the crew. However, what should be a happy reunion doesn't seem it will be so, as she embraces Luffy in tears, apologizing for what happened to Sanji....!!!!

Well now, isn't this an interesting chapter? However....

NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-11-05 at 00:17.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 20:56   Link #2
danielevo

Cant wait to see luffy crew vs zoan army <3
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 00:21   Link #3
marvelB

Updated with full summary!

So we learn a bit more about the mink people's culture, and Luffy is finally reunited with two missing members of his crew. But.... apparently something serious happened to Sanji....!?
Old 2015-11-05, 01:17   Link #4
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

"No chapter next week" - Breaks my heart into a thousand pieces every time.. ):

This was a very interesting chapter. I have a feeling the mink people are a little too nice.. I mean, unless I've got a bad translation.. Wanda said, before Nami showed up at the end, that their kind are very fond of the "lesser minks".. It's almost as if they are talking down to humans and saying they are not full minks so they are "lesser".. Was that a bad scan or is this confirmed?

Perhaps we have a situation where the minks think of humans as their pets? They seem to act towards the humans the same way we act to our cats or dogs. There's some evidence of this when we see Nami and Chopper dressed up all fancy, given luxury, comfort, and love. Especially the way Wanda and Carrot keep giving Luffy attention by licking and biting him. Maybe the mink people will try keeping them here against their will? or maybe they are just really nice.. We'll see.

What's with Bepo being held captive by a cat/snake mink? Seems odd if these mink people are actually nice people..

Once again the silhouette of Morga~ errr.. Jack! is very inconclusive. Wish we'd get at least a zoomed out image of his body shape.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 01:21   Link #5
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Updated with full summary!

So we learn a bit more about the mink people's culture, and Luffy is finally reunited with two missing members of his crew. But.... apparently something serious happened to Sanji....!?
One person is off as i realize.. Where is brook? Anyone seen him?

One best theory is Sanji was captured by Jack. It's impossible for him to die so easily since he hasn't show another Okama recipes after Punk Hazard Arc plus he was on bounty listed as only alive.

If Sanji really dies we never seen Zoro fighting Sanji all over again because i love when Zoro and Sanji are quarreling against each other by teasing and insulting.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 01:23   Link #6
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

If Sanji dies we riot.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 01:33   Link #7
Ultragunner

Spoiler for Chapter 806:
Old 2015-11-05, 01:47   Link #8
marvelB

So.... Minks live in giant pineapples? What are they, a bunch of Spongebobs?

And yeah, interesting that Oda's still hiding Jack's design from us... looks like he's being built up into a major future villain. And while I also doubt that he was killed during that attack on the marines, one's gotta admit that it's sort of flat-out suicidal to think that you can challenge an admiral, former fleet admiral, and at LEAST three vice-admirals all at once. My guess is that his crew dragged him away from the marines before things got real ugly....

Also, I kinda wonder if the samurai (and the monkey) getting knocked off the elephant will become a running gag of this arc? Like as soon they make some progress, something else comes along to knock them to the bottom. Then when they finally DO make it to the top.... Luffy and co. are already prepared to leave the place, ninja and dragon-kid in tow. That would be amusing!

And speaking of gags..... I'm sorta wondering if Sanji's situation might be similar to that blood loss scene in mermaid island, where what started as a gag somehow turned deadly serious. Considering all the crap Sanji's had to go through, I kinda wouldn't be surprised if that were the case....
Old 2015-11-05, 01:47   Link #9
Sebazu

Do you guys think Sanji might have been eaten by the Turtle?
Sebazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 01:55   Link #10
The Small One

So they asked for Sanji and Brook, but what about Momo and Caesar?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 02:03   Link #11
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sanji's fate left up in the air for a month -> Oda: "hmm, now, where should I put Sanji?".
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 02:06   Link #12
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Sanji's tombstone: Died from blood loss from nose bleeding due to all the hot mink girls who wouldn't leave him alone constantly licking and biting him. At least the man died with a massive smile on his face.
Old 2015-11-05, 02:38   Link #13
laughingwalls

Some thoughts. This arc might be about Sanji in general. The big clue is that sanji's wanted poster says he is wanted alive. I doubt he has been killed off screen. That
laughingwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 03:42   Link #14
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Sanji's tombstone: Died from blood loss from nose bleeding due to all the hot mink girls who wouldn't leave him alone constantly licking and biting him. At least the man died with a massive smile on his face.

I wonder if twin okama minks will drag him down from heaven into the hell that is the living world this time, too?
Old 2015-11-05, 07:19   Link #15
Gilly

Since it doesn't look like Jack is on Zou, what if Sanji is the arc's villain? Think about it: he finds himself on an island full of animal people. What happens? His cook's instinct awakens and goes out of control, that's what.

Nami is crying because she can't believe what Sanji is doing. He's capturing Minkmen and making all sorts of tasty dishes from them. He might've even helped Jack massacre the Mokomo Dukedom, or just found it after it was destroyed and took all the bodies (which is why we've seen none). Heck, didn't Robin notice that someone had been cooking there not so long ago? It's all Sanji.

The villain of Zou is the Devil Chef.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 07:32   Link #16
itachi-san314

Does anyone think we may already know 'Jack' from Dressrosa and that his identity will be a surprise? I don't know if I read a good translation yet, but I kinda got that feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
If Sanji dies we riot.
Brace yourself for a Sanji joke next chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, I kinda wonder if the samurai (and the monkey) getting knocked off the elephant will become a running gag of this arc? Like as soon they make some progress, something else comes along to knock them to the bottom. Then when they finally DO make it to the top.... Luffy and co. are already prepared to leave the place, ninja and dragon-kid in tow. That would be amusing!
That would be hilarious. Maybe with different animals each time? If it happens a few more times, one will have to be a poop joke.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 09:14   Link #17
noktown

Quote:

If Sanji dies we riot.
His poster said : "Alive Only", which means someone kidnapped him.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 09:24   Link #18
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

wait... who's makino's husband?
shanks?!
Old 2015-11-05, 09:47   Link #19
Wandering Soul

Jack should be an major antagonist somewhere down the line. He must be either really brave ot just plain stupid to do what he did.
Quote:

If Sanji dies we riot.
Doubt they would kill him if the reward is for taking him in alive.
Old 2015-11-05, 09:48   Link #20
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

who're the lucky guy stole Makino heart... and do it with her...

and about Sanji, did anyone here remember Zoro insult to Sanji before their match with Foxy pirates? i guess it was became a reality

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote