AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-18, 19:20   Link #21
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
The bar was raise that high by Haruka, both Sae and Kaoru didn't beat her (Haruka leading, Sae at 2nd place, and Kaoru at 3rd). I hope Ai can do better than Haruka, there are two extra episodes (I hope they give it Miya-chan, she has potential.)
Well, it has the content to be the best arc of the series so far, but they could screw that up, so we'll see. It has a better flow than any of the anime arcs we've seen. But from what I've heard, the anime botched parts of Kaoru and Sae's arcs, so I'm kind of nervous in that regard.
Old 2010-09-26, 02:05   Link #22
Gault
inc_mplete

Ai's a hard character to describe.. neither like or dislike.. shes just 'there', for some reason I'm just wanting to see this arc over asap, I wanna get to Ayatsuji the most..

I find it strange that Ai knows Juns nature and yet , plays around with his mind with the whole "you can see under if you want" cause its a swimsuit..
Old 2010-09-26, 07:26   Link #23
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
am i the only one who gets a Rei Ayanami vibe from her ?
Old 2010-09-26, 07:30   Link #24
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gault View Post
I find it strange that Ai knows Juns nature and yet , plays around with his mind with the whole "you can see under if you want" cause its a swimsuit..
Personally, I found that extremely funny. She's confident enough in herself (and in him) to get away with such a boisterous display.

Old 2010-09-26, 10:42   Link #25
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Personally, I found that extremely funny. She's confident enough in herself (and in him) to get away with such a boisterous display.
Bingo. At that time she was able to determine that he's no threat. She was just teasing him, much like Kaoru does all the time. I find that side of her to be really cute, personally.

Anyway, I thought the anime did a pretty good job of introducing her character. IMO, she takes a good quality or two from all of the girls so far, and adds her own positive traits, making for an instantly likeable character. This is only the beginning though. It gets so much better.
Old 2010-09-26, 17:57   Link #26
pikachuwei

read the manga lol...

Ai is definitely the best at cock-teasing (the "lets get changed together" scene made me lol). its funny how different she is from naive sae-chan

though i dont see why people think shes prettier than haruka >=( (ai is more the cute than pretty type imo)

on side note, junichi vs dog confirms my belief that ai arc jun is by far the most awesome
Old 2010-09-26, 17:59   Link #27
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

I only read some parts of the manga, so I'm not sure how they match up to their anime counterparts. Before Ai's arc began, I liked Kaoru the most since she came across as the most playful and blunt girl. But seeing Ai's first episode, I fell in love with her personality and athleticism - gotta cheer for the athletic girl. She seems to have a lot of traits I find the most appealing: athletic, sweet, blunt, hard-working, confident and playful.
Old 2010-09-26, 18:12   Link #28
pikachuwei

just curious, are all the amagami mangas doing the stories arc by arc? (precious diary and love goes on both starting a new arc?)
Old 2010-09-26, 20:44   Link #29
Mairsile

Regarding Ai being cute or pretty, I think as the only athlete, she is all three - cute, pretty and sexy. Of course, I'm biased in my opinion but her athletic figure has to make her the sexiest.
Old 2010-09-26, 22:45   Link #30
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
That's no rocket science. Any healthy male who isn't gay would like to see what's under her skirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
though i dont see why people think shes prettier than haruka >=( (ai is more the cute than pretty type imo)
There's no such thing as "more cute than pretty"
cute = pretty, not cute = not pretty. Simple.
Old 2010-09-27, 01:09   Link #31
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
That's no rocket science. Any healthy male who isn't gay would like to see what's under her skirt

There's no such thing as "more cute than pretty"
cute = pretty, not cute = not pretty. Simple.
theres a difference between cute and pretty
Old 2010-09-27, 23:33   Link #32
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
theres a difference between cute and pretty
That's just splitting hairs. Prettiness and cuteness might not be exactly the same, but prettiness absolutely requires cuteness. Without cuteness, there's no prettiness.
Old 2010-09-28, 02:02   Link #33
Gault
inc_mplete

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder guys , cute, pretty , hot , whatever

wonder why Ai asked Miya about Jun so fast in episode one , seems like the interest is already there
Old 2010-09-28, 02:11   Link #34
pikachuwei

Quote:
That's just splitting hairs. Prettiness and cuteness might not be exactly the same, but prettiness absolutely requires cuteness. Without cuteness, there's no prettiness.
theres a ratio XD

3 parts pretty to one part cute
Old 2010-09-28, 10:49   Link #35
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
But there IS a difference...

And a girl does not have to be pretty to be cute. Cute can be a physical description, or describe how they act.
Old 2010-09-28, 10:56   Link #36
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I, for one, would find it very difficult to view a girl as cute if she wasn't at least pretty. She may not be beautiful, but pretty, yeah...

Nonetheless, Ai is love. And cute. And pretty. And hot. Nice combo, wouldn't you say?

Old 2010-09-28, 11:40   Link #37
wingman32x

Quote:
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder guys , cute, pretty , hot , whatever

wonder why Ai asked Miya about Jun so fast in episode one , seems like the interest is already there
Yeah, I think it was safe to say that she was already interested in him. I think that the park scene would have been different if Umehara wasn't there. The way she smiled in response to Junichi before running off shows that she either started to show interest in him there, or was already interested in the first place.
Old 2010-09-28, 12:51   Link #38
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

I was expecting a Kawazoe Tamaki type of stoic character for Ai...But she is much more open and even flirty than I expected. She's cool but she is not the type of character that you can't take your eyes off(ex. Haruka, Kaoru, Ayatsuji)... I'm still wondering why she's the most popular Amagami girl...

Last edited by grandchaosSR; 2010-09-28 at 13:05.
Old 2010-09-28, 13:05   Link #39
Mairsile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
I'm still wondering why she's the most popular Amagami girl...Is stoic characters the new fad?
Why do you find her choice so puzzling? From her debut she has many characteristics that make her quite the catch if she were a real girl. She's sweet, playful, flirty, direct, hard-working, a bit of a tease, funny, and athletic (the only athlete of all the girls).
Old 2010-09-28, 13:25   Link #40
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
I was expecting a Kawazoe Tamaki type of stoic character for Ai...But she is much more open and even flirty than I expected. She's cool but she is not the type of character that you can't take your eyes off(ex. Haruka, Kaoru, Ayatsuji)... I'm still wondering why she's the most popular Amagami girl...
She's no slouch in the looks department, either. She's popular because a lot of people love her personality. She has, IMO, the best personality of the Amagami girls by far. The only girls that could compete with her would be Haruka and Kaoru. But like I said, I think it's no contest. She takes positive traits from all of the other girls, and adds her own quirks on top of that. I don't think her looks is why she's so popular, it's her personality.
Closed Thread