AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 47.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 11.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-08, 17:39   Link #41
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It also makes her look thinner...but if someone told her that she may ease of on her already poor diet.
We've already seen Rihoko naked, she's not even close to fat or chubby. When she was pinching her sides, she barely got a finger full of flesh. It's just we asians have a strict idea as what's thin and what's fat, can't say that I'm not annoyed with being apart of such an uptight culture. Besides Rihoko have some delicious T&A going so it'll be unusual for her to be anorexic.
Old 2010-11-08, 19:35   Link #42
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've decided which girl I like best.... Hiba Manaka. What a lovely minimalist comedian
Old 2010-11-08, 19:50   Link #43
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I've decided which girl I like best.... Hiba Manaka. What a lovely minimalist comedian
I guess that even an omnibus format can't save you from "I'm more interested in the side characters" syndrome.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-11-08, 23:33   Link #44
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I guess that even an omnibus format can't save you from "I'm more interested in the side characters" syndrome.
Hiba had gotten the odd comment throughout the series... but ep 18 let her romp a bit. She's a lot of fun.

As for Rihokko (or at least perceptions in various forums of her)... I'm seeing many posts operating under the 'reality distortion' that the wide-spread obesity in the US is generating. No, she isn't "fat" but she definitely doesn't want to lose control of the situation. She does have a problem with knowing when to say 'enough' in regard to food.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-11-08 at 23:57.
Old 2010-11-08, 23:45   Link #45
Midonin
Last Engage

Wait wait wait wait wait. Hold your horses.

Assuming that Amagami and Kimikiss don't take place in the same universe (I always entertained the possibility that they did), Ruriko and Manaka either have identical twins in another town, or it's a different universe and they're the multiversal constants.

What I'm rambling about is this.

Top of the page.

Same last names, same voice actors even. Only now they're known as Manami and Kaoruko. I know I'm probably not the first person to notice this, and my enthusiasm suggests that I have only recently discovered it, but as long as the discussion was on them, I figured eh, why not?

Last edited by Midonin; 2010-11-09 at 00:26.
Old 2010-11-09, 00:16   Link #46
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post

Assuming that Amagami and Kimikiss don't take place in the same universe (I always entertained the possibility that they did), Ruriko and Manaka either have identical twins in another town, or it's a different universe and they're the multiversal constants.

What I'm rambling about is this.

Top of the page.

Same last names, same voice actors even. Only know they're known as Manami and Kaoruko. I know I'm probably not the first person to notice this, and my enthusiasm suggests that I have only recently discovered it, but as long as the discussion was on them, I figured eh, why not?
Wow I can definately see the similarities.
Old 2010-11-09, 11:43   Link #47
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I love her as well. She doesn't speak much but she always hits the right spots. I like her chara design and her voice, too.
Old 2010-11-09, 16:04   Link #48
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Watched ep. 18 now as well (damn you, curiosity )
Just wanted to see if Rihoko would change - but no, she didn't. Same phlegmatic Rihoko as before, so it's no wonder we have the first snow already and nothing whatsoever happened. He was already farther with the other girls now. (Ok, can't blame him - the other girls were much more interesting )
Rihoko's two tea club senpai at least try to help her out, but don't succeed there.

All in all, also this is a quite uneventful episode. Rihoko shows no progress, nothing really happens. Only thing is that we see that already as a kid, Rihoko was always hungry
I have to say that Rihoko's arc is the most boring arc yet, with the most boring girl. 6/10
Old 2010-11-09, 16:25   Link #49
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post

You can read JP Amagami wiki. So, you can find more supporting points and the pop cultural reference.
Old 2010-11-09, 17:44   Link #50
aldw

Amagami is definitely one of those stories where the female side characters are as appealing, if not more so, than the main heroines...
Old 2010-11-10, 12:35   Link #51
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I love her as well. She doesn't speak much but she always hits the right spots. I like her chara design and her voice, too.
Exactly. She knows the perfect words to use to get the point, and joke, across.
Old 2010-11-10, 13:57   Link #52
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I love Rihoko she is such fun.
Old 2010-11-11, 11:54   Link #53
Itlandm
Porcupine

Of course, part of the appeal of the side characters is that they don't need to go through the degrading experiences that seem to turn Junichi on.
Old 2010-11-12, 22:08   Link #54
wingman32x

I liked this episode. Rihoko is a really cute character and I can't help but root for her. I like how nearly everybody is trying to set these two up. I liked the flashbacks again, and the present scene was cute. I was kinda surprised to see the founders festival in the second episode. It's a nice change.

7/10.
Old 2011-05-10, 17:55   Link #55
Sumeragi
Banned

People, Rihoko is "chubby" in that her bust and hip are much larger than the average body figure. That is why while she is relatively thin, she is going on a diet.
Closed Thread