AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-10-18, 00:30   Link #121
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:
Ahh, another fan emerges. Sorry brother, but Nami is young, Robin is a very mature woman. While Nami can still be called a girl on one hand, Robin is very much a woman. Nami suffered what... I believe it was 10 years of servitude to Arlong? She was 18 when she met Luffy and he took her when she was 8? Robin suffered twenty years of struggle and heartache, and to top it off, after the 20 years the thing she chased after was failed. At least after 10 years Nami saw her village be freed. Robin is STILL searching for what she wanted, and to top it off she was forced to go against her nakama after joining Luffy's crew and work with villains again.

My heart goes to Robin and I love every member of SH, not one over another.

If you seriously think Nami's backstory outweighs Robin's in tragedy, then you need to rewatch the Crocodile arc/Robin's backstory, because you're very sadly mistaken. The only reason it can be interpreted that Nami's past outweighs hers, is because in the Arlong arc, the entire arc was based on her past, whereas Luffy's grudge with Crocodile had nothing to do with Robin, it had to do with Vivi.
Freud would say Nami witnessed a bigger tradegy.
Old 2006-10-18, 00:39   Link #122
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Am I the only one who doesn't want additional crew member? Everyone's screen time has already decreased too much from the days of Arlong, which is my favorite arc.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 01:04   Link #123
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Well, I know what you mean...Even Oda himself said it's difficult writing in so many characters. I don't think there will be too many more. Luffy said he wanted a crew of 10...and since we count ships as crewmembers now, makes me think maybe they will get one more member.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 16:16   Link #124
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
9 members sounds cool, but if next one won't be a musican than we will get 10 members XD

it all depends on what kind of ship Franky will build

Merry would have trouble with keeping 10 members (or rather all the food for them)

I hope Sanji will get his lock on fridge now
Old 2006-10-18, 23:23   Link #125
matsuno

Its probly why the newest chapter released had Merry put to rest. The size was an issue that had to be adressed. Im sure with 6 they were feeling cramped.
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 08:24   Link #126
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuno View Post
Its probly why the newest chapter released had Merry put to rest. The size was an issue that had to be adressed. Im sure with 6 they were feeling cramped.
girls had they own room(s) and all the boys had to sleep togheter (and sleeptalking to each other)
Old 2006-10-19, 09:36   Link #127
regasatanum

i think franky will be the last crew to join
reasons:
- finally a shipwright came
- franky is also the musician
- all the various position is taken
- too many character = longer arc
- including vivi and carue its 10 members
- not much ppl want more character, people who want a 9th crew only becuz they want a logia crew.
- i believe oda wont give SH a logia member. three of SH's possible best ally are possibly the 3 strongest logia people in OP ... aojiki,smoker,ace.
regasatanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 10:25   Link #128
S_C_L-1

ao kiji and smoker arent allys.
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 13:26   Link #129
matsuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
ao kiji and smoker arent allys.

Damn strait, simply put, they are Marines who follow their own personal Justice more than the manfates of the World Government.
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 11:32   Link #130
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuno View Post
Damn strait, simply put, they are Marines who follow their own personal Justice more than the manfates of the World Government.
Yes. When Robin will learn the Void History and reveal it, I can see them give a hand to the straw hats (without joining them though).

Another powerful logia ally would be dragoon.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 13:14   Link #131
S_C_L-1

we dont know whose side Dragon is on, if any.
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 23:22   Link #132
king chopper
Crewmate doctor

im puttin my bets on franky man that guys one of my favorites and that cola drink thing with chopper was just downright hilarious but yh franky is a all time favorite to me

1st favorite zoro the badA$$ type

2nd favorite luffy the careful stupid but funny type

3rd: nico robin what can i say she has feelings for chopper an shes a total babe!

4th: chopper the cute and itelligent yet powerful reindeer doctor

sanji: hes a love cook and one of my all time favorites

5th: nami she can be a real bossy at times but theres times when her navigational skills saved the crew

special favorite: Franky the One piece Terminator! and oh yh hes bada$$ too
king chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 16:07   Link #133
brandfireX
Jedi Trainer of ONE PIECE

next crew member

this is a weird question becuase we have not seen all thecharacter in OP
this is more of a personal preference

after the next few arch i suspect they will get a new crew member and i would like to know what you think would be the best choice

is he/she a DF user
i so what kinda DF and what power
what crew position would he/she be
what race (animal/human/other)
what there dream would be
....................????

or anything else you can think of
brandfireX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 20:41   Link #134
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I'm pretty sure that the next crewmember will be female. As for what kind of powers/backstory, that's hard to say. They have a zoan user and two paramacias already, maybe they'll find a logia user. Maybe a DF user who is actually part of the percentage that has a disadvantage. XD

Oh yeah. Hey bobrobbers, I don't have to eat my underwear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrobberts
Don't be too quick to dismiss my story. There will be a carpenter by the end of the arc. I have a weird feeling it's a girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
*dismisses*
If you're right about that, I'll eat my underwear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrobbers
I'll hold you to that. Let's wait and see who the shipwright will be.
Old 2006-12-27, 21:53   Link #135
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu View Post
I'm pretty sure that the next crewmember will be female. As for what kind of powers/backstory, that's hard to say. They have a zoan user and two paramacias already, maybe they'll find a logia user. Maybe a DF user who is actually part of the percentage that has a disadvantage.
Based on the recent hints, that person would most probably be a beautiful but strong merwoman (the hints: next island, aquarium inside the new ship, a desire for a beautiful merwoman, the low percentage of females within the crew, the recent need for help in the sea). The Strawhats lack a member that would provide the highest level of help inside the sea, and who can provide better than a mermen or merwoman?
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 22:36   Link #136
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Well, I always thought that as well, that they would get a fishwoman, but I don't see them getting another crewmember so soon. Usually they set out to get a new member (with exceptions) first.
Old 2006-12-27, 22:54   Link #137
brandfireX
Jedi Trainer of ONE PIECE

i think that it should be a merwoman with a logia DF power idk what but soeting helpfull to the crew

and i had no idea this thread was already started sorry
brandfireX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 23:33   Link #138
Slayerx

Quote:
Well, I always thought that as well, that they would get a fishwoman, but I don't see them getting another crewmember so soon. Usually they set out to get a new member (with exceptions) first.
Y'know, it's actually more half and half... Nami, Zoro, and Ussop i think sanji aswell all joined Luffy before Luffy really set out for them, grant it he was thinking he might want one, but never really hunted for them... And Robin joined all on her own... i'd chopper and franky are the only ones that Luffy actually searched for... the rest he kinda stumbled upon just when he though he might need them...

Not to mention the merwoman wouldn't be coming soon... If she does join it will be while visiting merman island, but the strawhats have about one full story arc before that happens

Quote:
i think that it should be a merwoman with a logia DF power idk what but soeting helpfull to the crew
A merwoman with a logia DF would not be able to swim... grant it, giving a merwoman a DF out of a sorta of irony does have some potential...

Though i'm against a new crew member having a logia ability... Logias have always been pretty powerhouse on their own even before they trained the ability... With the good guys, it's more interesting to have them look like the weaker in a fight, and that's kinda hard to do when the character is a logia
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 23:40   Link #139
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Y'know, it's actually more half and half... Nami, Zoro, and Ussop i think sanji aswell all joined Luffy before Luffy really set out for them, grant it he was thinking he might want one, but never really hunted for them... And Robin joined all on her own... i'd chopper and franky are the only ones that Luffy actually searched for... the rest he kinda stumbled upon just when he though he might need them...
Luffy did go out in search of a cook, and found Sanji. Luffy also searched for a Navigator, though it wasn't a full crew search obviously, since there wasn't really a crew yet, nor a ship.

Quote:
A merwoman with a logia DF would not be able to swim... grant it, giving a merwoman a DF out of a sorta of irony does have some potential...
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing...

Quote:
Though i'm against a new crew member having a logia ability... Logias have always been pretty powerhouse on their own even before they trained the ability... With the good guys, it's more interesting to have them look like the weaker in a fight, and that's kinda hard to do when the character is a logia
What if it was a wierd logia fruit though, that the person thought was useless, but he/she learns to make it useful with practice and determination?
Old 2006-12-27, 23:41   Link #140
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
i'd chopper and franky are the only ones that Luffy actually searched for... the rest he kinda stumbled upon just when he though he might need them...
I think shipwright is the only one they specifically searched for to make that person join the crew. Chopper didn't join the crew as a doctor (I think only Nami was aware of that, and she didn't make the decision or help during the decision process), and at that time they weren't specifically searching for a doctor to join the crew, instead it was only to help Nami get better. And Franky came to them, rather than them going to Franky. As long as the crew encounters an interesting someone that has the qualifications to become a nakama (being good, having some strength, capable of cutting ties, having a long-term goal that coincides with the crews' main goal), they will most probably make that person as a nakama.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote