AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2010-05-21, 23:55   Link #821
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I'm sad that I missed all of that. Must have been a lot of fun.
Those were good times. This was one of the few shows where I watched the raws as soon as they were available while waiting for the subs. The intentionally misleading end of episode previews along with the weekly preview pics on the official site made things interesting and did a good job of building up the anticipation.

Personally I think that watching each episode as it was being released gave it more of an impact than if I had just watched it all at once because you had a week to think and wait between each episode. When you watch the series all at once you don't even pay attention to the previews. Anyway I have to watch it again sometime, this time in Bluray on a widescreen TV instead of a monitor.
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 23:42   Link #822
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

shipping wars in good dramas are always fantastic to be a part of. i wasn't a member at suki yet, but there was a rather large war at AN too.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 08:57   Link #823
pdshingo

Send a message via MSN to pdshingo
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
shipping wars in good dramas are always fantastic to be a part of. i wasn't a member at suki yet, but there was a rather large war at AN too.
But shipping war also makes some people cannot see the whole picture of this story. Not to mention it requires a lot of inference/interpretations to understand True Tears...(the most interesting part XD)

Last edited by pdshingo; 2010-05-27 at 09:19.
pdshingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 11:35   Link #824
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdshingo View Post
But shipping war also makes some people cannot see the whole picture of this story. Not to mention it requires a lot of inference/interpretations to understand True Tears...(the most interesting part XD)
I agree. The shipping might have clouded some people, preventing them from enjoying the whole series. But I'm sure they had fun shipping the whole time.
Old 2012-10-04, 17:54   Link #825
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Figure I might as well include this part of Okada Mari's interview here:

Quote:
-- (Laughs) You were in charge of 5 series compositions in 2008.

Okada - Yes, 5. 5 was big. In true tears, it's very important to me that Nishimura Junji[6] and Morita Mayumi joined as scriptwriters. Until then, I had done series composition in a few productions, but never had I worked with such crazy episode writers like them (Laughs).

-- I see.

Okada - They did a violent thing to me. I thought, "At this rate, the show's going to fail," and said a severe thing to them. I irritated easily back them. There was a point for TT to go well, but their scripts didn't fit in the point. No matter how long an order I sent to them, something was completely off though they wrote along the order. They tried again and again. In spite of being a veteran director, Nishimura was writing with sincerity and I felt his enthusiasm for "writing something like this" and I was touched by that. It's significant to meet with Morita. She wrote very fresh scripts, which made me think it didn't depend on a writer's age. She agreed to my many demands to improve. What is more, even when I said "Improve only this point", she rewrote the whole script. I thought "She messed things up again," and got very irritated yet happy. When I think about the two of them, to be honest, I want to cry at times.

-- So, the violent thing they did was that they wrote something different from you order?

Okada - That's right. I would think I don't want to spoil their characteristics. I figured out how to manage to make the most of their characteristics and ordered them to do this, but they wrote something completely different again. It's sort of like "what was that trouble of mine?" So TT was considerably changed from the series composition at the beginning. There were stories I wanted to write, but I resolved to change the composition so they could do their best. So the ending was changed too. It's sort of like they wrote these, which could mean only one thing.

-- In an extreme case, was the person the protagonist goes out with at the end changed?

Okada - That is what happened.
Looks like there was an epic shipping war even within the staff
Old 2012-10-04, 18:53   Link #826
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Looks like there was an epic shipping war even within the staff
Well, lest it be interpreted too broadly, this is at the planning and scriptwriting stages where the story is still in flux, so no doubt they experimented with many different paths for the story until settling on the one they landed on. I'm just waiting now for someone to say "see, they were all set to end one way, and at the last minute they totally swapped scripts and completely changed the ending out of nowhere -- give us the real ending!" But it is always interesting to get insight into the creative process at the root of so many shows. I think one of the big strengths of True Tears is the good "series composition" (the way elements brought up at the beginning of the show develop and have relevance later on in a sort of symmetry), and it's rather impressive that the author was able to achieve that despite the fact that the actual details were subject to so many revisions. But I guess that means that it really was a team effort the whole way through, and they collectively produced good work.
Old 2012-10-04, 19:30   Link #827
Westlo
Lets be reality

If anything it shows that people who were saying the script/story was leaning to Hiromi were right and people who implied it didn't were wrong. Okada realized that the way things were set in stone meant a certAin ending had to take place, even if different from what she originally envisioned.

So all that crap me and the other Hiromi shippers typed back than was validated, I was never more confident in a pairing than this show....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 00:31   Link #828
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

just completed this, was supporting Hiromi from start to end . hated Noe.
Old 2012-10-12, 00:41   Link #829
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
just completed this, was supporting Hiromi from the start to end . hated Noe.
In my best Denzel voice... "My man"
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 19:08   Link #830
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yes, Hiromi was awesome. I didn't hate Noe, but I just liked Hiromi more.

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life