AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Vivid Strike! - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 1 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 42.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-12-12, 12:16   Link #21
4th Dimension

Ohhh, BD is Blue ray DVD release of a show? I guess this one? But it's not finished yet.

But if it is, it's not really surprising. It lacks original characters (apart from basically two Miura and Vivio one each centered episodes, the rest are more like cameos) and combat style of the past seasons. Also the setting might as well not be Midchilda as far as we were shown. Soo pretty much most of the things fans liked (apart from lollies, but even there unlike in Vivid the creep factor is held in check, something I like but Jap audiences probably don't care for) are gone. It might as well be just another tournament based fighting anime.

Oh and the name Vivid:Strike doesn't really jump at you that this thing is part of the Nanoha franchise, when there is no Nanoha in the title.
Old 2016-12-12, 14:03   Link #22
headsup

For those of you who really want to get into the Nanoha universe-http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../LyricalNanoha-it really goes into a lot of depth.
Old 2016-12-12, 17:09   Link #23
4th Dimension

I kind of assume if you are here, are watching the Strike and are viewing this thread that you know about the series.

If you don't do us a solid and go watch previous series. You will probably have more fun with that than with Strike. I would recommend going Movie 1st, Season 2 As, StrikerS and then maybe watch Season 1 or go over to Vivid.
Old 2016-12-12, 22:08   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
This show might not be a Masterpiece, but under 3000 Blu-Ray class sales? It isn't that bad, is it?
It's not great, but around 3k isn't bad either. It depends how far under 3k it goes. If it's sub 1,000 then yeah this series flopped hard. But considering it wasn't a super high budget series...3k doesn't sound bad. I'm sure they'd be happier with 5k, 6k, or more. But, I never thought this series would have those kinds of numbers. They weren't putting that much into it and didn't even have the pulling power of the main Nanoha cast.

Depending on various factors that could be enough to get another season.
Old 2016-12-13, 13:01   Link #25
headsup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
I kind of assume if you are here, are watching the Strike and are viewing this thread that you know about the series.

If you don't do us a solid and go watch previous series. You will probably have more fun with that than with Strike. I would recommend going Movie 1st, Season 2 As, StrikerS and then maybe watch Season 1 or go over to Vivid.
I imported both movies from japan (they're not very expensive) but trying to get ahold of both the originial tv series is well nigh impossible.
Old 2016-12-13, 15:21   Link #26
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsup View Post
I imported both movies from japan (they're not very expensive) but trying to get ahold of both the originial tv series is well nigh impossible.
Well, in the case where the suppliers really doesn't want you to give them your money, I think it's reasonable to inquire to the nice people with skulls and crossbones motif. You can get DVD quality or better from them.

I of course wouldn't know ANYTHING about that *wink wink nod nod*
Old 2016-12-13, 16:24   Link #27
Pendragan

I think this episode wasn't that bad all in all. There were a few things though that weren't all that good.
Kinda feel to me like they want to show Jill in a good light after all the previous episodes. Which doesn't really work for me, still dislike her and her attitude.
And that one Megaton punch from Rinne should have knocked Fuka out cold, logically speaking. Her getting up again seemed like it was just to have her win and leave Rinne no way out, to somehow return to her previous way of thinking/wallow in self-loathing.
Apart from that though, not bad.
Old 2016-12-13, 16:28   Link #28
4th Dimension

Well there is also the fact that that attack went through the protection. Considering that this protection system was rated for the S and SS beasts of Riot Force it is kind of surprising that it managed to penetrate through all that and inflict actual physical damage.

I thought that it was similar to the trouble Sig has that she throws physical atacks that the systems has trouble dealing with, but it was explained to me Sig penetrates protection since her strongest attacks basically have antimagic components and shred the protection system too.
Old 2016-12-13, 21:51   Link #29
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Well there is also the fact that that attack went through the protection. Considering that this protection system was rated for the S and SS beasts of Riot Force it is kind of surprising that it managed to penetrate through all that and inflict actual physical damage.

I thought that it was similar to the trouble Sig has that she throws physical atacks that the systems has trouble dealing with, but it was explained to me Sig penetrates protection since her strongest attacks basically have antimagic components and shred the protection system too.
The grade of the protection used in Rinne and Fuuka's match was never mentioned. It's capable of enduring the attacks from the mock battles back in ViVid, but it wasnt stated that it's current setting was equal to that.
Old 2016-12-13, 21:53   Link #30
headsup

Quote:
Well, in the case where the suppliers really doesn't want you to give them your money, I think it's reasonable to inquire to the nice people with skulls and crossbones motif. You can get DVD quality or better from them.

I of course wouldn't know ANYTHING about that *wink wink nod nod*
Yeah-I know all about that-but I don't like 13 episodes stuffed onto 1 dvd. I'd do better making my own dvd from fansubs or dvd rips. No thanks.
Old 2016-12-14, 08:46   Link #31
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
The grade of the protection used in Rinne and Fuuka's match was never mentioned. It's capable of enduring the attacks from the mock battles back in ViVid, but it wasnt stated that it's current setting was equal to that.
Considering that they mentioned that it was specifically set up to be able to sustain their punches (and I think they dialed down the simulation also) with no danger to them, it would be logical that the protection level was boosted. Also they mention that they can do this because this is an upgraded system, possibly to try to explain why the tournament was not using it (did not work for me). Also considering who seem to have been it's probable recent users, beasts such as Lutecia and Sig and potentially that witch I don't think it had to be dialed down for them.
Besides, why would you dial down the protection level in the first place. Simulation? Sure that makes sense to dial up or down, but not the protection level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsup View Post
Yeah-I know all about that-but I don't like 13 episodes stuffed onto 1 dvd. I'd do better making my own dvd from fansubs or dvd rips. No thanks.
Well I did not mean that they only have DVDs. I "heard" that they also have BlueRay rips and such with subs added.
But that is besides the point. My point was given the number of potential sources both legal and illegal from which the previous seasons can be acquired or even directly watched/streamed on there is really no reason somebody watching Strike should not have watched the previous seasons.
Old 2016-12-16, 17:17   Link #32
Gx Hero
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragan View Post
I think this episode wasn't that bad all in all. There were a few things though that weren't all that good.
Kinda feel to me like they want to show Jill in a good light after all the previous episodes. Which doesn't really work for me, still dislike her and her attitude.
And that one Megaton punch from Rinne should have knocked Fuka out cold, logically speaking. Her getting up again seemed like it was just to have her win and leave Rinne no way out, to somehow return to her previous way of thinking/wallow in self-loathing.
Apart from that though, not bad.
I have to agree. I feel the flash backs of RInne training jill in this episode should have been shown in earlier episodes before RInne and fuuka's match. Also when Rinne admitted she like martial arts it felt a little force like they did it to make it look like Rinne wasn't just doing it just to get stronger.

Still the battle is over. Now it is time to wrap things up.

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx
Old 2016-12-17, 05:07   Link #33
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gx Hero View Post
I have to agree. I feel the flash backs of RInne training jill in this episode should have been shown in earlier episodes before RInne and fuuka's match. Also when Rinne admitted she like martial arts it felt a little force like they did it to make it look like Rinne wasn't just doing it just to get stronger.

Still the battle is over. Now it is time to wrap things up.
The more and more I think about this I think what they should have done is drop Fuka completely and make Rinne the protagonist, and START with her and follow her training and wanting to beat the Nakajimas.

We would be able to see that she is being advised wrong by Jill, they would get their edgeness by having the protagonist fight the cast of Vivid. Hell if they really want Fuka in throw her in but as the "antagonist", because given how many scenes she has (small number) she might as well be only a background character.

Of course drop the whole stupid shit about not using protection during fights.
Old 2016-12-17, 10:41   Link #34
Gx Hero
Rambler

I got the same feeling. Fuuka was ultimately not needed and is basicly the heroes equivalent of a generic villain just set up for the other party to go against.

TO me two ideas were possible over fuuka, one was as stated to have Rinne as the main charecter, or for vivio. Vivio is established we know her back story so it would have been easier to work with and could have fulfilled our expectations easier. As for rinne 4th dimension basically summed it up.

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx
Old 2016-12-17, 18:45   Link #35
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Good enough episode. However, the constant flashbacks became tiresome to watch.. would have been better if there's less of them. I still enjoyed the Rinne vs Vivio episodes more than this one..
Old 2016-12-18, 09:33   Link #36
arkhangelsk

Quote:
The more and more I think about this I think what they should have done is drop Fuka completely and make Rinne the protagonist, and START with her and follow her training and wanting to beat the Nakajimas.
We can't have that same Rinne that way. 11 episodes of Rinne moping about would have been rather miserable to watch.: heh:
Old 2016-12-18, 09:54   Link #37
4th Dimension

Well don't show her moping all the time. A lot of it would be spent fighting her way up from nobody to someone who could actually threathen to topple Ein. Don't even start with the Winter cup, start with her last encounter with Vivio.
If you are smart you can fill the time not spent punching each other with Fuka/Rinne moments prior to the breakup, studying opponents and preparing strategies and the ocasional glance on Nakajimas to see how they are reacting to this nobody punching her way towards them.
You would of course need to change things around true and Jill and her assistants would need to become actual characters. Also you can have Victoria be her mentor.
Closed Thread