AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-12-20, 21:00   Link #2141
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

The US had not much good reason to be in Syria so getting ouit of that mess should had been the right idea. The problem is , the way it will be done will create a vacuum creating a shitton of problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Turkey is absolutely going to go after the Kurds when we pull out
Wouldn't be the first time the US lets Turkey decimate the Kurds. As long as they are allied with the US, a country is de facto a ''good guy'' , even Israel and Saudi Arabia.
Old 2018-12-20, 22:02   Link #2142
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
The US had not much good reason to be in Syria so getting ouit of that mess should had been the right idea. The problem is , the way it will be done will create a vacuum creating a shitton of problem

Wouldn't be the first time the US lets Turkey decimate the Kurds. As long as they are allied with the US, a country is de facto a ''good guy'' , even Israel and Saudi Arabia.
And don't forget that Russians have been utter incompetent at keeping the peace in any country they sent troops in, even worse than the US.

As for the Turks, they are despicable. They won't get any sympathy from me ever again if they do what they promise to do. All current dictators on this planet deserve to take storms of bullets, whether they are friendly with the West or not. You can count Erdogan, Nethanyahu, and Mohamed Bin Salman in that lot too.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2018-12-21 at 00:15.
Old 2018-12-21, 00:03   Link #2143
Blueknight78

many times i feel a bit curious about what could already happened if neither "republicans and democrats or any one else were keeping trump at check/ if they had allowed he do whatever he wants and just wait for a critic moment to act, what could happen to USA and also the whole world?? a second civil war??? a third world war??? USA become a dictatorship?? (well since the army itself also hate trump as basically almost everyone else in the WH and washington, i don't believe on that he don't really have any strong support to do that)??.

So far the only thing holding back the madman trump is his enemie party and also his own party , but it's looks like the peoples in his party which are helping to keep him at control are getting really tired to babysitter a shit crazy orange old fart and are leaving, it's really dangerous this.
Old 2018-12-21, 03:47   Link #2144
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

GoFundMe page was created 4 days ago by Brian Kolfage to "We The People Will Fund The Wall"!

https://www.gofundme.com/thetrumpWall
Old 2018-12-21, 18:19   Link #2145
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
And don't forget that Russians have been utter incompetent at keeping the peace in any country they sent troops in, even worse than the US.
The Russians never intended for a second to keep peace. They are allied with Assad and keep bombing rebel armies. Russia is a lot of things, including some despicable ones, but incompetent certainly isn't one of them.
Old 2018-12-21, 21:32   Link #2146
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
GoFundMe page was created 4 days ago by Brian Kolfage to "We The People Will Fund The Wall"!

https://www.gofundme.com/thetrumpWall
Ignoring whether it'll long term be able to reach a fraction of funding goal (nope), this is likely going to run into legal problems. While private groups CAN donate money to the US government, they can't specify what the money would be used for. At least without congress agreeing to allocate the funding for those purposes.
Old 2018-12-21, 22:17   Link #2147
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
The Russians never intended for a second to keep peace. They are allied with Assad and keep bombing rebel armies. Russia is a lot of things, including some despicable ones, but incompetent certainly isn't one of them.
Afghanistan and Chechnya are the examples of incompetence I have in mind when they send troops to solve a problem. As for the current case in Syria, it will be quite interesting to watch when they will screw everything up against ISIS because they have no clue about how to take it down without creating scandals (a.k.a. war crimes).

Last edited by Toukairin; 2018-12-23 at 22:54.
Old 2018-12-22, 06:31   Link #2148
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
The question would be what is the goal of their actions, if it's keeping Assad in power and safegarding their naval base it's pretty much a succes. The same thing for the US, if their real goal for the middle-east isn't stability but statu-quo (it seem than they do prefer a chaos than can benefit them over stability) their strategy seem to be succesful as well.
Old 2018-12-22, 07:32   Link #2149
James Rye

Given all of Trump's military aides said this was a bad idea, this doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 2018-12-22, 14:04   Link #2150
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Given all of Trump's military aides said this was a bad idea, this doesn't seem to be the case.
I think the key take away is that Trump's decision was so spontaneous that even Erdogan thought it was a bad idea.
Quote:
Trump was not dissuaded, according to the officials, who said the president quickly capitulated by pledging to withdraw, shocking both Bolton and Erdogan.

Caught off guard, Erdogan cautioned Trump against a hasty withdrawal, according to one official. While Turkey has made incursions into Syria in the past, it does not have the necessary forces mobilized on the border to move in and hold the large swaths of northeastern Syria where U.S. troops are positioned, the official said.
Even if you're skeptical or outright opposed to the US mission in Syria, it's not exactly reassuring that the Commander in Chief of the US military is exactly that flippant about strategic realignments. I'm not surprised that Mattis resigned over this.
Old 2019-01-11, 23:44   Link #2151
Toukairin
Banned

I can't wait to see what is going to happen now that the New York Times have published the following.

F.B.I. opened inquiry into whether Trump was secretly working on behalf of Russia

I'm glad to know that the FBI are going for blood; they are probably very close if not already onto what they wanted to find since 2016. One could say that it was obvious from the very start, but I guess everyone was just waiting to see when things would get real and that Trump's name would actually be publicly targeted.
Old 2019-01-12, 05:24   Link #2152
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

It's been a while since I read it but, wasn't in The Art of War 's chapter on spy something about infiltating a agent into a country and then said agent would weaken the country from within ?
Old 2019-01-12, 14:18   Link #2153
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yeah. I seem to recall of lot of hard line conservatives claiming various Islamic groups had done that via President Obama.
Old 2019-01-12, 16:11   Link #2154
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Yeah. I seem to recall of lot of hard line conservatives claiming various Islamic groups had done that via President Obama.
Yeah, and a number of those conservatives are the ones getting caught in bed (literally) with a Russian agent.

As for Fat Donnie's response:
Wow, just learned in the Failing New York Times that the corrupt former leaders of the FBI, almost all fired or forced to leave the agency for some very bad reasons, opened up an investigation on me, for no reason & with no proof, after I fired Lyin’ James Comey, a total sleaze!
He's such a jackass. Has he ever looked at himself in a mirror? His behavior is the biggest bag of evidence for an investigation.
Old 2019-01-12, 16:20   Link #2155
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
It would be interesting to see those fabulators's reaction if their guy endded up impeached for the kind of stuff they accused without evidence Obama. That is, if they wouldn't not simply Calling it fake.

Obviously, there's always also the risk of one side finaly falling into the same fallacy as the others
Old 2019-01-17, 12:18   Link #2156
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Increasingly I've had to wonder how much of that kind of stuff is literal projection by at least some of these guys. If you're a political ideologue who thinks himself the good guy going around doing stuff like this with corrupt foreign influences, it must be very hard to not assume that your political rivals HAVE to be doing even worse things behind closed doors. Any lack of evidence is just a sign that they're insidiously good at hiding it.

I get the feeling that Trump might not have really brought anything new to the table when he became the GOP front runner. It's just that Trump is used to a lack of scrutiny and oversight, so he doesn't show a fraction of the care to hide his dirty laundry as some of his contemporaries.
Old 2019-01-30, 12:52   Link #2157
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Mr Trump Tweets:

"In the beautiful Midwest, windchill temperatures are reaching minus 60 degrees, the coldest ever recorded. In coming days, expected to get even colder. People can’t last outside even for minutes. What the hell is going on with Global Waming? Please come back fast, we need you!"

Indeed... We need Global Waming back!
Old 2019-02-01, 21:58   Link #2158
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Bernie Sanders needs his meds if he thinks the situation of Venezuela is thanks to USA and not their own Chavist corruption, literally Trump tier (if not more) dumb.
Old 2019-02-02, 03:28   Link #2159
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

The main reason why Venezuela is in such state it own gouverment, but the US sanctions aren't helping.
Old 2019-02-02, 03:40   Link #2160
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The US does tend to stick its fingers into any country in the Western Hemisphere out of habit.