AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-23, 22:56   Link #1721
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Confirms my suspicion that the USA itself is literally the only country that could conceivably elect Romney. Guy would get crushed if he were running against Obama here in Canada. Quebec in particular would devour him alive. Romney would be all like, "I have to do a debate in French too?!!! "
???

You do know that Romney speaks French don't you?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2012-10-23, 23:33   Link #1722
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Anyone watched the Third Party debates? It's very interesting to see a more engaging and vigorous debate here.

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Third-P...10737435220-1/
Thank you for that Netto Azure.
That was very interesting.
I would never vote for the Green, Justice, or Constitution party candidates based on what they said in that debate, however, I loved Gary Johnson's performance.
He hit all the right marks and said what does need to be done.
I wish he would have been a part of the 3 debates with Romney and Obama.
It would have been very interesting to see him up against those two.
Old 2012-10-23, 23:37   Link #1723
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I suspect the Libertarian Party has the best bet to cross the critical mass line. Particularly as the remaining "sane" GOP voters flee the crazy circus, "got mine, f u" crowd, and Wall Street puppeteers.

I like having the Greens around as a 'loyal opposition' just to keep the spotlight on some issues.
Old 2012-10-23, 23:52   Link #1724
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I liked it. I think the best argument one can make for more parties in the system is that it dilutes the concentration of power, which reduces the ability of any one party being able to mandate over the other. It also encourages interesting alliances and ideas since representative voting power would be reduced significantly. Gridlock is a given when people clash, but I don't think it would be as bad as it is right now if a third, fourth, etc., party commanded enough seats.

Define irony: Republicans and Democrats talking about the wonders of free markets while running a duopoly.
Old 2012-10-24, 05:13   Link #1725
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Sorry ... the fake beards and stones were a reference to Monty Python's "Life of Brian" (the women would wear beards so they could attend the stonings)
I laugh so hard whenever I can catch that scene. John Cleese at his best calling for blasphemy.

That guy from Indiana would deserve a stoning for even dare saying such insanity (if not blasphemy to some extent) about rape as God's Will. My verdict to him should follow: And so as A BLASPHEMER!!! You are to be stoned to death!
Old 2012-10-24, 07:44   Link #1726
Destined_Fate

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2012...self-from.html

Guess they were right when they said that crazy anti-abortion stuff had effected many of the Republican base and their top supporters. Seriously, first it was "Women can shut down a rape child" and now "God intended for the Rape".

Naturally Murdock is saying people are twisting his words and that THEY are the disgusting ones for quoting him. Obviously Romney is distancing himself but is still accepting all contributions from Murdock.
Old 2012-10-24, 09:38   Link #1727
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2012...self-from.html

Guess they were right when they said that crazy anti-abortion stuff had effected many of the Republican base and their top supporters. Seriously, first it was "Women can shut down a rape child" and now "God intended for the Rape".
And now should we answer to them '' And God intended the Abortion'' ?
Old 2012-10-24, 11:54   Link #1728
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
And now should we answer to them '' And God intended the Abortion'' ?
Yep, and you can use Psalm 137:9 of the Hebrew Tanahk to do it.

@Vexx, your post about "The Life of Brian" reminded me of this.

It is one of my favorite Python "pick-ons" of the Church of England.

In related insanity, I see the shenanigans have begun.

http://myfox8.com/2012/10/23/guilfor...ong-candidate/
Old 2012-10-24, 13:04   Link #1729
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
I laugh so hard whenever I can catch that scene. John Cleese at his best calling for blasphemy.

That guy from Indiana would deserve a stoning for even dare saying such insanity (if not blasphemy to some extent) about rape as God's Will. My verdict to him should follow: And so as A BLASPHEMER!!! You are to be stoned to death!
As much as I strongly disagree with the guy, thinking that he deserves to be stoned to death is pretty crazy itself

Quote:
Obviously Romney is distancing himself but is still accepting all contributions from Murdock.
So what? Romney says that he disagrees with the guy, and that should be enough. I don't see any reason why he should be expected to completely shun and ignore someone over one difference of opinion.
Old 2012-10-24, 13:05   Link #1730
Kyuu
=^^=

If it wasn't posted here:

Yup. As said many times before, kids make the most astute observations.
Old 2012-10-24, 13:34   Link #1731
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
As much as I strongly disagree with the guy, thinking that he deserves to be stoned to death is pretty crazy itself
No one was advocating stoning HIM (oh, wait someone was) -- but that's the standard biblical "punishment" for simply being a woman in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's the type that might seem to be okay with bring that back. The stoning suggestion simply follows that logic in reverse.

Quote:
So what? Romney says that he disagrees with the guy, and that should be enough. I don't see any reason why he should be expected to completely shun and ignore someone over one difference of opinion.
Oh, come on, Casey. If the single difference of opinion you and someone had was that rape pregnancy was a "gift from God to the woman" ... you'd still go to lunch with them?

I have members of my family I don't speak to any more because of their racist statements. That's just a "difference of opinion" on one topic, too.
Old 2012-10-24, 13:48   Link #1732
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
No one was advocating stoning HIM (oh, wait someone was) -- but that's the standard biblical "punishment" for simply being a woman in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's the type that might seem to be okay with bring that back. The stoning suggestion simply follows that logic in reverse.
Ah, well that makes more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Oh, come on, Casey. If the single difference of opinion you and someone had was that rape pregnancy was a "gift from God to the woman" ... you'd still go to lunch with them?

I have members of my family I don't speak to any more because of their racist statements. That's just a "difference of opinion" on one topic, too.
I would, personally; there's people I'm close to who have disgusting or infuriating opinions on certain subjects, but, well, I try to shove that aside and forget about it because I care about the person, and our relationship is more important to me than the fact that I adamantly disagree with them on certain topics. I think it's totally understandable for people to be less forgiving of such things than I am, but I wouldn't say that associating with someone who said something terrible reflects poorly on the non-guilty party; I haven't outright abandoned friends or family for saying things that I vehemently disagree with and which seriously piss me off, and so I wouldn't really expect other people to either.
Old 2012-10-24, 14:02   Link #1733
GDB

Quote:
I would, personally; there's people I'm close to who have disgusting or infuriating opinions on certain subjects, but, well, I try to shove that aside and forget about it because I care about the person, and our relationship is more important to me than the fact that I adamantly disagree with them on certain topics.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Romney and Murdock here aren't friends. They just happen to be in the same party, and the latter happens to be giving the former money. Outside of being given money, there's no reason at all that Romney should "care" about this guy.
Old 2012-10-24, 14:05   Link #1734
Dr. Casey

Maybe, but I just don't believe in 'guilt by association' (at least when it comes to something as simple as a matter of opinion, no matter how misguided and awful the opinion might be) and don't think Romney should come under heat for not completely disavowing the guy.
Old 2012-10-24, 14:14   Link #1735
GDB

But the association is that he's taking contributions from the guy. When you take a political contribution, the implication is that you will assist in carrying out the contributor's political agenda. Thus, by taking the guy's money, he's associating himself with those political views.
Old 2012-10-24, 14:17   Link #1736
Dr. Casey

It is? Huh. I must be pretty oblivious then. I thought that giving someone a monetary contribution was just as innocent as giving them a Christmas present, no strings attached.
Old 2012-10-24, 14:34   Link #1737
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
As much as I strongly disagree with the guy, thinking that he deserves to be stoned to death is pretty crazy itself.
Of course I didn't mean it literally, but I can play comedy in my head when that guy previously mentioned the analogy to Monty Python's punishment scene for a blasphemy. And besides, as Vexx said, Murdock looks to be the type to get stoning back.
Old 2012-10-24, 15:30   Link #1738
Dr. Casey

lmao Texas' attorney general told the UN monitors to get out or he would arrest them

what a badass
Old 2012-10-24, 15:42   Link #1739
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

UN monitors? For what?
Old 2012-10-24, 15:52   Link #1740
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
UN monitors? For what?
My guess would be for the election.

Edit: Trump to give $5 million to charity if Obama releases records
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8LO6IB20121024
That guy will never face the true or it's just a opportunity go get some publicity.
Of course what he should do is the same proposition to Romney, but ask for his last 5 tax declarations insted.

Last edited by ganbaru; 2012-10-24 at 16:04.
Closed Thread