AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-24, 01:53   Link #21
NeutralZero

It would be nice if we can often see Kaguya in her sick form/mode...
Old 2016-09-24, 02:03   Link #22
The One Above God
Kamijou

How cute~. I await the day Miyuki gets to tell Kaguya just that .

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
Old 2016-09-24, 18:23   Link #23
Pierre

As much as I like this work, I feel like at this rate it will either end quickly or go the nisekoi route where basically nothing happens for a long time. I mean the author can only play these games for so many chapters, at some point you need to make them a couple and move on the story or end it. Its not a premise that really can stay interesting for too long. That was the problem in Nisekoi, author should have addressed the pendant and moved on.
Old 2016-09-25, 04:16   Link #24
Tenzen12

Nisekoi is popular harem, of course author will milk it as much as possible. Kaguya is vanilla gag manga so if you want make comparisons at least use Working! or Tomo-chan.
Old 2016-09-30, 19:33   Link #25
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

On the latest chapter, shipping Miyuki and Fujiwara...
...because (pseudo) mom x son incest is hot

J/k aside. These chapters have increasingly crossed any chance of Miyuki x Fujiwara to ever happen. Good for you Kaguya!! I guess no choice but shipping Fujiwara and Hayasaka (Kaguya's maid) then.
Old 2016-10-01, 16:41   Link #26
Tenzen12

Nah, if Fujiwara x Miyuki was option these chapters could be taken as it's nterlude.

I am not trying say it is option, mind you (though being closed together in Small locker was pretty hot...).
Old 2016-10-10, 11:41   Link #27
Hoodspirit

An entertaining series with good humour.

There is just one bigger problem for me.
The first chapter gave the impression that the two are equal in their efforts to win this 'war'.
After nearly 40 chapters though, it is pretty one-sided. Shirogane took the offensive just once in the chapter where he pretended to be asleep.
Everything else comes from Kaguya's traps and manipulations (sometimes from a third person) where he just defends.
While the title of the Manga might justifies this, the repeated setting given within the first chapters do not allow this imbalance.

As long as it keeps to be entertaining I will follow it, but I really hope that this gap in effort in this 'war' will get smaller soon.
Old 2016-10-21, 21:30   Link #28
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Kaguya bitterness over Fujiwara was the best! And her sudden switch too.

The sister is interesting in Kaguya... ahaha. Sibling has similar taste
Old 2016-10-21, 22:26   Link #29
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Learning the sister is the treasurer make me think if the author will make a spin off in middle school council president with the imouto and her friends become the focus.
I definitely will read that!
Old 2016-10-22, 15:05   Link #30
Wandering Soul

The little sister finally makes her appearance. Siblings really do have similar tastes.

The part where Kaguya spends a few panels hating Fujiwara only to change her attitude was hilarious.
Old 2016-10-22, 17:15   Link #31
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
The part where Kaguya spends a few panels hating Fujiwara only to change her attitude was hilarious.
Best part of the chapter by far. I'm really looking forward to all that happening and exploding in Kaguya's face
Old 2016-11-27, 01:49   Link #32
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

T_T

Old 2016-11-27, 01:56   Link #33
Tenzen12

Where did my romcom went ?
Old 2016-11-27, 03:52   Link #34
Ulin

Pretty depressing chapter... I guess the fireworks battle (or at least I hope) will be solved with a victory for both of them
Old 2016-11-27, 11:40   Link #35
The One Above God
Kamijou

I didn't expect such a...heavy chapter. Miyuki better pull it off.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
Old 2016-11-27, 15:05   Link #36
Wandering Soul

That was depressing. Luckily Miyuki is on his way.
Old 2016-12-04, 23:45   Link #37
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Kaguya chapter 45 certainly become one of the best title drop in history of manga.

The chapter is prefect

Old 2016-12-05, 22:31   Link #38
Wandering Soul

Excellent chapter. I cheered at the end and the way they used a title drop was cool.
Old 2016-12-07, 04:32   Link #39
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I was promised Shirogane bad-assery and that's what I got. The drama from the previous chapter was completely washed out by the second half of this chapter.

I'm also in agreement with the awesome title drop at the end.
Old 2016-12-07, 08:57   Link #40
Hoodspirit

It's one sided against Kaguya once more. After the drama from last week, at least give her an even ground with Shirogane for a conclusion. But no, he remains the superior unfazed shining white knight till the end. "I'll know you would think of hiding in this alley behind a staircase in this big town despite never seeing you hiding before, since the only time outside of school we met was a messed up cinema visit." Wasn't this seinen?

This Manga was supposed to be a war of love with the usage of logic by both sides, not an one-sided massacre. We're 45 chapters in and Shirogane's only plot was to fake sleep.

Our genius Kaguya, who would probably read the whole ToS before agreeing and most likely also the FAQ and Help section whenever she runs into troubles, still can't set up a protected Twitter account like she wanted? Even that is straying too far from the premise of the manga at the cost of cheap comedy.

I ranted more than I wanted too, sorry. But at least that made me realise that this is probably not a series for me anymore. I wish everyone who sticks with it an enjoyable journey.
Closed Thread

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, genre shift, love triangle, memeguya, no longer our guy, quality decline, romcom, school life