Old 2008-07-09, 19:32   Link #4981
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Spoiler for Ehh:
Spoiler for Mayhaps:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If that were the case, C.C.'s actions in R2 episode one would've corrected that as well, and it didn't.
C.C., V.V., Marianne and Charles have known each other since before Lelouch was conceived, not to mention V.V. and Charles made their pact before Lelouch was conceived. It really depends on what length they went to with planning this. It's absurd and out of the water in a lot of senses, it's just a way to look for a connection between Lelouch and Anya.

Of course, why would Anya know about her relation to Lelouch in this sense? Another possible answer is that they may have been in an arranged marriage.

I do however have the strong feeling Anya will defect, her Knightmare is named Mordred, a Knight of the Round table that is most famous for betraying King Arthur and delivering a mortal wound on him before dieing.
Old 2008-07-09, 19:32   Link #4982
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

isn't that reading too much in the OP and ED
Old 2008-07-09, 19:35   Link #4983
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
I do however have the strong feeling Anya will defect, her Knightmare is named Mordred, a Knight of the Round table that is most famous for betraying King Arthur and delivering a mortal wound on him before dieing.
The entire connection to Mordred does not have to be fulfilled, he is mostly known for betraying Arthur. The killing is more attributed to several people, Morgan to name one other.

Spoiler for Which:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
Would you rather I ignore symbolism entirely?
Old 2008-07-09, 19:39   Link #4984
TheAlucid

Quote:
The OP and ED show them more along the lines of parting now, then before. In OP1 of S2 you saw them together. In OP2 she is displaced from Lelouch, looking on, and never shown by his side.

The ED seems more oriented into her turning into a bird and flying away with the other birds in the background.
Mm, I get your point. I assumed that the ED scene was more about guiding and comforting Lelouch as he follows the same path as her.
Old 2008-07-09, 19:41   Link #4985
TheAlucid

Quote:
Perhaps, like I said, it probably doesn't hold any bearing.
Old 2008-07-09, 19:41   Link #4986
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

Quote:
The entire connection to Mordred does not have to be fulfilled, he is mostly known for betraying Arthur. The killing is more attributed to several people, Morgan to name one other.

Spoiler for Which:

Would you rather I ignore symbolism entirely?
not really but i assumed in OP and ED doesn't mean anything
Old 2008-07-09, 19:43   Link #4987
Var
Banned

Quote:
Mm, I get your point. I assumed that the ED scene was more about guiding and comforting Lelouch as he follows the same path as her.
I'd have envisioned a different scene if that were the case. This is, of course, assuming that the clamp ED has any relevance at all. I prefer to look at the OP than the ED.

Quote:
If you look back at S1 the OPs gave away a good bit through their symbolism.
Old 2008-07-09, 19:43   Link #4988
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
I see it as both, because while she was comforting Lelouch you can also see her looking up in the direction of where the birds are flying towards. I am not sure about following the same path, as while C.C seem to be looking upwards Lelouch is staring down and also chained to the earth.

Quote:
I'd have envisioned a different scene if that were the case. This is, of course, assuming that the clamp ED has any relevance at all. I prefer to look at the OP than the ED.

If you look back at S1 the OPs gave away a good bit through their symbolism.
I actually liked some of the ed images, particulary the C.C and Lelouch one, there is some nice imagery in it. Same with the Lelouch and Suzaku one as well.
Old 2008-07-09, 19:46   Link #4989
TheAlucid

Quote:
There's usually meaning in the OP and ED to some extent,

Spoiler for Kallen:

Small bits of information can be gleaned about the future of the show by looking at the various images, but they can easily be misinterpretated.
Old 2008-07-09, 19:49   Link #4990
Var
Banned

Quote:

Spoiler for Kallen:

Small bits of information can be gleaned about the future of the show by looking at the various images, but they can easily be misinterpretated.
Such as that speculation, imo. Kallen is incapable of defecting and piloting the Guren. No sane leader would put her in its pilot seat, the name of the unit is also Hindu in origin. As such I do not see it as being the work of Lloyd.

Anya's defection is understandable if she does in fact appear in Ep.15, Gino's is completely unknown as the KMF in the OP is not the Tristan we know.
Old 2008-07-09, 19:50   Link #4991
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:

Spoiler for Kallen:

Well the new Guren has a Indian name and also it shows the Guren on the official website on the OotBK side so that is wrong. and whos to say its just Lloyd making the mechs maybe both Laksharta and Lloyd combine their ideas or come up with the same ideas.

Edit: Damn it Var we thought about the exact same thing but you were a second faster than me.
Old 2008-07-09, 19:53   Link #4992
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

For OP and ED issues, it usually depends on the series. As a fan of the D.Grayman manga, I facepalmed during the recent 2 OPs and ED; they basically showed all the "new" characters, and stuff.

Onto CG ED: I basically like the colour swap between Lulu and Suzaku. It may not mean anything in the end, but hell, Lulu looks good in white once in a while.
Old 2008-07-09, 19:54   Link #4993
TheAlucid

Quote:
Such as that speculation, imo. Kallen is incapable of defecting and piloting the Guren. No sane leader would put her in its pilot seat, the name of the unit is also Hindu in origin. As such I do not see it as being the work of Lloyd.

Anya's defection is understandable if she does in fact appear in Ep.15, Gino's is completely unknown as the KMF in the OP is not the Tristan we know.
The one way I can see Kallen defecting is if Suzaku tells her that Lelouch Geassed Euphie into massacring all those Japanese. As she was more than a little bit paranoid of Lelouch using the Japanese for his own aims at the end of Season 1.

I thought the name of the unit being of Hindu origin was something along the lines of Lloyd showing respect to Laksharta.
Old 2008-07-09, 19:56   Link #4994
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
The one way I can see Kallen defecting is if Suzaku tells her that Lelouch Geassed Euphie into massacring all those Japanese. As she was more than a little bit paranoid of Lelouch using the Japanese for his own aims at the end of Season 1.

I thought the name of the unit being of Hindu origin was something along the lines of Lloyd showing respect to Laksharta.
read mines. The official website shows the new mech on OotBK side.
Old 2008-07-09, 19:57   Link #4995
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
read mines. The official website shows the new mech on OotBK side.
Oh cool, my bad than.

Do you think I could get a link by the way? Always interested in new CG information.
Old 2008-07-09, 19:58   Link #4996
Var
Banned

Quote:

There is as much a chance that she already knows about Euphie as that she does not. C.C. has informed her about the Geass and Lelouch's past, I can see Euphie being put in there. As for that point, assuming she doesn't know, making her defect? It is unlikely and inconceivably stupid if she accepts his words without confronting Lelouch herself. And again, no sane leader would put her in the pilot seat of the Guren. It is an idiotic gesture that would more than likely have her killed by allies out of revenge than anything else.

If Lloyd wanted to show respect for Lakshata through naming conventions, he'd have not named the Lancelot with Hadron capabilities Conquista. The technology of Hadron cannons was perfected by Lakshata.
Old 2008-07-09, 20:02   Link #4997
TheAlucid

Quote:
There is as much a chance that she already knows about Euphie as that she does not. C.C. has informed her about the Geass and Lelouch's past, I can see Euphie being put in there. As for that point, assuming she doesn't know, making her defect? It is unlikely and inconceivably stupid if she accepts his words without confronting Lelouch herself. And again, no sane leader would put her in the pilot seat of the Guren. It is an idiotic gesture that would more than likely have her killed by allies out of revenge than anything else.

If Lloyd wanted to show respect for Lakshata through naming conventions, he'd have not named the Lancelot with Hadron capabilities Conquista. The technology of Hadron cannons was perfected by Lakshata.
I can imagine Euphie taking her on as her personal Knight and perhaps her Generals using her in a way to show her loyalty, a bit like what they did to Suzaku when he first captured zero.

It seems like it's fairly canon however that the new Guren is on the OoBK side though, seeing as how the official website has it shown as such.
Old 2008-07-09, 20:05   Link #4998
Var
Banned

Quote:
I can imagine Euphie taking her on as her personal Knight and perhaps her Generals using her in a way to show her loyalty, a bit like what they did to Suzaku when he first captured zero.

It seems like it's fairly canon however that the new Guren is on the OoBK side though, seeing as how the official website has it shown as such.
Suzaku never killed a mass amount of soldiers or Glaston Knights. Her being accepted into the Britannian military would be a mockery of military procedure and an abuse of power by Nunally. That's like her having Zero becoming her knight. No one in their right mind would stand for it, or allow it to happen.

You could also look at the rest of the OP. The Guren and Lancelot are facing off. Kallen is later shown, happily, in her OoBK plug suit saluting Lelouch (I say it is Lelouch because of the reactions of everyone present in the character line up).
Old 2008-07-09, 20:07   Link #4999
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

And considering that by ep. 18, we have a BIG fight in Tokyo, I think Kallen may get out scot-free, though Nunnally might pay a price in doing so.
Old 2008-07-09, 20:09   Link #5000
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Suzaku never killed a mass amount of soldiers or Glaston Knights. Her being accepted into the Britannian military would be a mockery of military procedure and an abuse of power by Nunally. That's like her having Zero becoming her knight. No one in their right mind would stand for it, or allow it to happen.

You could also look at the rest of the OP. The Guren and Lancelot are facing off. Kallen is later shown, happily, in her OoBK plug suit saluting Lelouch (I say it is Lelouch because of the reactions of everyone present in the character line up).
Ya but no one has to know who she is,add in anmisa and a new personality disorder or 2 remove the geaes command to kill all Japanese she'll be practily a new person.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories