AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-04-19, 14:45   Link #1281
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I think that was the best episode I've seen in this show hands down. It was even better than the pain arc and Gaara's speech. They finally made so many things make sense. This is making me really like this series again surprisingly enough. I was very impressed with this arc.

I can't wait to see the last part of this arc with Kakashi failing the aspiring genin. That was never really explained so I'm really excited! It feels like we're finally looping back to the beginning again.

Also, we never really saw how he got over the "darkness" so I can't wait to see that.

I'm pretty sure the huge plot twist last episode no one was expecting was that
Spoiler:

That was pretty shocking and it was extremely well done. I really liked that!
No, it was other way round.

Itachi was transfered to danzo's anbu. And so far we have seen that danzo's anbu is not under hiruzens regulation.

Hiruzen didn't realize what danzo was planning. It was danzo who told itachi to carry out the attack. Then when they found the bodies, hiruzen realized what danzo had done , and "fired" him.

Later Itachi appeared before hiruzen to apologize, and ask him to take care of sasuke.

But i'm still confused as to what Obito's role was in all of this.

From the manga i was always under the assumption that obito "used" itachi to a degree. At the time it made sense since we didn't know obito's identity (or his motivations). He could easily have had a grudge against the uchiha.

But we know obito's goofy motivations, so it doesn't quite make sense why he would want to randomly kill his clan. What was he doing snooping around the uchiha village (when itachi discovered him).
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 15:10   Link #1282
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post

But i'm still confused as to what Obito's role was in all of this.

From the manga i was always under the assumption that obito "used" itachi to a degree. At the time it made sense since we didn't know obito's identity (or his motivations). He could easily have had a grudge against the uchiha.

But we know obito's goofy motivations, so it doesn't quite make sense why he would want to randomly kill his clan. What was he doing snooping around the uchiha village (when itachi discovered him).
It further convinces people that Obito is Madara since Madara had a grudge against the Uchiha clan for kicking him out.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 15:30   Link #1283
Apollian

Sorry guys wrong post

Last edited by Apollian; 2014-04-19 at 18:11. Reason: wrong page
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 16:25   Link #1284
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
It further convinces people that Obito is Madara since Madara had a grudge against the Uchiha clan for kicking him out.
hmmm thats a weak reason for obito to decide to kill his whole clan.

I'm assuming he was snooping around Uchiha village to look for the uchiha monument that has the top secret writing on it.

Seems kinda strange hed just wipe out his clan on a whim to make people think he was madara. Especially since no one except Itachi even knew Tobi/Obito was involved.

He must have done it in order to steal the eyeballs. Notice Danzo is pissed that all of the good sharingan have been taken off the dead bodies. Either Itachi did it to make sure danzo doesn't get them , Or Obito took them for his own reasons.
Old 2014-04-19, 16:26   Link #1285
Cookie-Monster

Your post has spoilers in it. I think you mistakenly posted in anime thread instead of chapter thread.
Old 2014-04-19, 16:47   Link #1286
Cookie-Monster

double post
Old 2014-04-19, 17:03   Link #1287
DKN117

My headcanon is that he helped kill the rest of the clan partially to harvest their eyes, as Cookie-Monster suggests, and partly because - for whatever reason - he saw all members of his clan as potential future threats, and decided to take the opportunity to help eliminate them to prevent that. (As for why he spared Sasuke, I assume that Itachi, in terms of raw power and likely in skill, is greater than Tobito (if not in present-day, then at least back then), and Tobito knew that if he tried to kill Sasuke as well, Itachi would wreck his sh*t.)
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 18:08   Link #1288
Apollian

As for the anime, pretty good filler at the moment, standards are improving.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 19:13   Link #1289
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
He must have done it in order to steal the eyeballs. Notice Danzo is pissed that all of the good sharingan have been taken off the dead bodies. Either Itachi did it to make sure danzo doesn't get them , Or Obito took them for his own reasons.
actually the body count didn't add up, meaning obito took them into his dimension. he took the eyes later when he had time. danzo was expecting more, but we can assume he still got a few to put in his arm
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 12:46   Link #1290
Maxtro

Awesome episode. We've completely came full circle with this show. There are pretty much no plot threads that are left unsolved, though it's amazing that there were so many mysteries in the first place. The mangaka had some really big ideas when he started writing.

I've mentioned before that I don't consider these episodes to be filler simply because they are clarifying things that happened and are very important to the story. The only thing that was really filler was the Fog Clan bit which was pretty irrelevant.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 13:27   Link #1291
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
I've mentioned before that I don't consider these episodes to be filler simply because they are clarifying things that happened and are very important to the story. The only thing that was really filler was the Fog Clan bit which was pretty irrelevant.
That would be a pretty arbitrary way to define canon
In the end everything that happens in the anime is canon to the anime, regardless of who writes it. Just like the stuff that the anime comes up with doesn't affect/take place in the manga. For all we know the answers that the anime team came up with in these episodes could be completely different in the manga.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 14:34   Link #1292
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
There are pretty much no plot threads that are left unsolved, though it's amazing that there were so many mysteries in the first place. The mangaka had some really big ideas when he started writing
as far as the uchiha go this is true. the senju and uzumaki not so much
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 19:39   Link #1293
DKN117

Two things revealed by this page: There'll be no new episode on May 1st, and apparently they'll finally be getting out of the fillar and back to the canon stuff with Episode 363 (MAYBE 362).
Old 2014-04-21, 19:58   Link #1294
neshru

By the way, while there is indeed no episode on may 1st, that wikipedia page is not a very reliable source of information. It is edited by trolls quite often as far as I know.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 23:32   Link #1295
DKN117

And now they've been removed. Does... Does that mean we WON'T be getting back to canon stuff in May, and we're STILL stuck with filler until at least June or even July? Or hell, might they even be planning to stretch the filler out until the manga reaches its end, and we won't get back to manga-canon episodes until 2015?!
Old 2014-04-24, 07:17   Link #1296
Spelt

They are kidding right? ANOTHER first time training with kakashi episode next week? That's like the 17th time.
Old 2014-04-24, 07:51   Link #1297
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spelt View Post
They are kidding right? ANOTHER first time training with kakashi episode next week? That's like the 17th time.
I know! If the anime team wants so badly to do the bell test etc etc again. Why they don't just remake the whole part 1 (Like DBZ kai). Just this time with much better animation.
Old 2014-04-24, 09:18   Link #1298
DKN117

Like I said: we won't get back to manga canon until 2015...
Old 2014-04-24, 09:27   Link #1299
Kumagawa

Episode 257 aired on 5th April 2012

That was the last time the anime team animated the bell test. So it was ONLY 2 YEARS AGO!

Do the Japanese really have such short memories?
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 11:58   Link #1300
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

This last episode was amazing. Also let's point out a few amazing reasons that the next episode should be great.
1. It's kakashi's take on the training and it shows how he healed. That's something we've never seen before. This past episode was amazing. I'm loving this arc. The only arc I like more is the pain arc, and maybe the arc with his mom...
2. The episode preview already confirmed Kakashi knows that naruto is the orphan child of the fourth hokage. We never really knew if he knew that's who naruto was at first, but he seems to have known all along. It's information and new perspective like that which should make next episode very interesting.
3. Last episode was the first time I saw Kakashi blush like that lol.

Anyway I'm still confused over itachi's plot. From what I gathered, hiruzen did tell him to exterminate the uchiha. Danzo had no clue about it and was trying to do his own operation. This is why danzo didn't have a clue before about itachi being there or that sasuke was going to be protected. In fact, when hiruzen said that this was the only way to resolve the issue after itachi killed everyone it looks like it's pretty clear that lord third ordered the deaths and not danzo. It's why I said it was a large plot twist. Itachi was actually acting on a secret mission preceding danzo's orders by hiruzen himself. That was the point of that episode I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, as to why "madara" helped out itachi. Itachi easily found him and then asked for his help and he did so to keep tabs on akatsuki and "madara" at the same time. This way he could have somewhere to go after the attack and have a reason to secretly protect the leaf from far away. That's pretty badass if you ask me.

Furthermore, tobi did it for the eyes as we all know, and likely because it wouldn't eventually matter and it'd prevent other shinobi from getting ocular jutsu that could put them in his way.

Anyway, more now referring to the whole arc in general again. This arc really has been incredible and the full circle feeling is especially nice. If it weren't for the new FT arc this would probably be the best arc I've seen in a long while of anything. It's just really enjoyable since I actually have basically no clue of what's going to happen. It's a nice feeling. Especially since all of this filler is canon with respect to kakashi's backstory so it's nice. It also obviously fleshes out many other characters as well.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion