AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-14, 07:22   Link #61
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Yui-nyan or Gitah Yui? And I'll add a link to the OP.
Darn this is gonna be confusing throughout the contest I can tell. Yui-nyan. The sister of Ui was ridiculously popular to start with for reasons I really cannot fathom.

Kanade is undisputedly the strongest Angel Beats contender. Undisputedly one of the top tier candidates of the whole Saimoe circuit this year even. That's why we get worried - will she get hated or not?

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2010-06-14, 09:56   Link #62
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Why does qualifying from a movie mean that? Yuki might be able to get in via Haruhi second season as well, but that season certainly isn't what will boost her; it's the movie.

The only question is whether most of the Japanese Saimoe voters have watched the movie in theaters, or are waiting for BD and DvD release.
Mainly because I think that the reairng of Haruhi Suzumiya at the very least built more hype for the movie than any other advertising campaign. Plus a second season, despite the poor reception, at least gives the fans more material than just a movie.

On Mio losing the first round last year: I actually think that Mio, together with Ui and Sawako, was deliberately sacrificed by the K-On faction of ward off hate votes on Yui and Asuza. And it worked I think, with despite Yui being to open to assassination by the HnG faction during her Rika match or by the Saki faction, as well vengeful Hina voters, during her match with Minori it didn't happen. Even Asuza lost to the the eventual champ.

Regarding tulip-tv Angel Beats polls: I would take the results of that poll with a huge grain of salt. Way way too high numbers to be taken seriously. Not to mention that TK already had 10k something vote by the second episode, if memory serves. (IMO someone is doing to them what 4chan did to the Time polls).
Old 2010-06-14, 10:58   Link #63
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
Regarding tulip-tv Angel Beats polls: I would take the results of that poll with a huge grain of salt. Way way too high numbers to be taken seriously. Not to mention that TK already had 10k something vote by the second episode, if memory serves. (IMO someone is doing to them what 4chan did to the Time polls).
Agreed on the dubiousness of that poll and thus on TK's exact status. But Kanade's dominance is measured by various sources, so we can safely go back to wondering whether she'll get assassinated or not.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2010-06-14, 11:46   Link #64
christinemarie
Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Agreed on the dubiousness of that poll and thus on TK's exact status. But Kanade's dominance is measured by various sources, so we can safely go back to wondering whether she'll get assassinated or not.
A few more days to go and SaiMoe 2010 is drawing near. Another chance for Hinagiku to win.

There are four Saimoe schemers this season with Haruhi and Yurippe leading those four. So any evil intent of plans will come from them.

Targeting Mio would be easier than last season and Kanade might get hate voted as well. There is a new dark horse from the recent Evangelion 2.2 which dominated the top by being no.1 forgot her name, one thing for sure she will dominate (as long as there are no International support for her rivals. )
Old 2010-06-14, 12:31   Link #65
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Eva 2.2 qualifies? If so, then Maki (the new girl) is certainly a contender - there was one poll where she pulled a surprise upset and came out in the #1 position.

Old 2010-06-14, 14:19   Link #66
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

if the theater run was still on after 6/1/2009 the it should.
Old 2010-06-15, 04:04   Link #67
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Targeting Mio would be easier than last season and Kanade might get hate voted as well. There is a new dark horse from the recent Evangelion 2.2 which dominated the top by being no.1 forgot her name, one thing for sure she will dominate (as long as there are no International support for her rivals. )
I don't think Mio, or any K-On character for that matter, will get assassinated this year, mainly since the fanbase should have learned its lesson about overestimating a character.
Old 2010-06-15, 12:15   Link #68
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

is Rena allow to take anyone home this year?
Old 2010-06-15, 14:28   Link #69
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The last Higurashi OVA (Rena centered) came out within the timeframe....so Rena should be able to have a shot at taking people home...one last time.
Old 2010-06-17, 02:21   Link #70
uis

I dunno why people think Evangelion will be dark horse. I never see that happening.

Anyway trying to make some sig for Saimoe. I hope this year Saimoe will be much better. Too much moe chara this year maybe make this year quite unpredictable.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2010-06-17, 02:24   Link #71
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
is Rena allow to take anyone home this year?
Unknown due to how the rules play out. Only 1 of the 5 OAVs came out after July 1, 2009.

However, Higurashi is mostly played out. It's Beatrice's turn now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
I dunno why people think Evangelion will be dark horse. I never see that happening.
Team Eva will do as well as they usually do in recent years; make it to the tournament proper, then get demolished in the first round.
Old 2010-06-17, 18:35   Link #72
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Unknown due to how the rules play out. Only 1 of the 5 OAVs came out after July 1, 2009.

However, Higurashi is mostly played out. It's Beatrice's turn now.

Team Eva will do as well as they usually do in recent years; make it to the tournament proper, then get demolished in the first round.
In previous years, OVAs only needed one episode released in the target time frame to be considered eligible. Unless they change the rules, Higurashi characters will be allowed in.
Old 2010-06-18, 11:33   Link #73
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Its fine. Rena wants to take Beatrice home.
Old 2010-06-19, 03:43   Link #74
krko
The Movie is Coming

Just when I thought that the only 2010 show that would really matter was Angel Beats, but after watching Working!!, all I've got to say after is that this saimoe is going to be one of the most epic saimoe ever.
Old 2010-06-20, 02:33   Link #75
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Rumormill has it that it will be a 512 chara field with 1 v 1 matches from the onset. First round matches may be done 16 at a time.

Sauce: http://www.animesaimoe.org/
Old 2010-06-20, 02:59   Link #76
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Rumormill has it that it will be a 512 chara field with 1 v 1 matches from the onset. First round matches may be done 16 at a time.

That's... crazy. On one hand it'll prevent people from blaming split votes. On the other hand the sheer number of matches in a day makes faction voting far more likely.
Old 2010-06-20, 07:16   Link #77
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Ok, Wiki placeholder page is now up. Same as last year, I won't be directly editing the wiki but anyone who wants editing power just sign up and request membership and I'll get an email to act - you should have access within a day if not sooner (especially if it's in afternoon GMT time).

Old 2010-06-20, 13:23   Link #78
Kristen
*Author

Saimoe 2010, also known as Hinagiku's last chance.

I see K-On doing very well this year, after last year where the main contender got knocked out round 1. Saki I don't see doing as well, as the hype about it really died down after it ended. Bakemonogatari, yeah, Hiitagi and Nodoka'll probably'll make it a good distance, but Tsubasa is kind of average, Mayoi wasn't really popular, and Suruga is the exact opposite of moe.
Hayate will be back and be a major player as always. And Angel Beats'll probably get a few players in Yuri and Kanade for the Key moe area.

Personally, I think it's finally Hina's time to win, since I think this year's pool is going to be a little weaker than past one's.
Old 2010-06-20, 13:44   Link #79
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:

That would be pretty awesome if it is true.
Old 2010-06-20, 17:44   Link #80
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Almost forgot.

Shana will be back this year. Shakugan no Shana S OVA came out last October.

Tags
2010, saimoe