AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2013-07-05, 23:07   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

High School DxD - Character Discussion - Koneko Toujou

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Koneko Toujou related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all High School DxD fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 02:23   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Koneko-fans are severely lacking in this thread. How come? I love it every time she knocks something huge and the only sign of effort she shows is with a verbal, "Aey!" while her facial expression remains unchanged. Cracks me up every time.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 02:31   Link #3
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Koneko's character is like a combo of character tropes. Cool beauty, loli, nekomimi, nekomata, cat-school girl, flat-chested, kuudere?, short white hair(rei ayanami expy?, maybe...), and yeah. Anything I miss?
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 04:06   Link #4
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Strawberry panties.

Just kidding. I want to take her home.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 04:27   Link #5
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
Koneko's character is like a combo of character tropes. Cool beauty, loli, nekomimi, nekomata, cat-school girl, flat-chested, kuudere?, short white hair(rei ayanami expy?, maybe...), and yeah. Anything I miss?
Not sure if you missed anything, but considering the already formidable list of traits for her character, you would think everyone and their mom would be gushing over her. That's pretty much every major fetish in the book a significant amount of population associate themselves with.

I sure thought Koneko would be on, at least, Mangatron's aka lolitron radar. Her punches can create crater. What more can be asked of a character?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 10:25   Link #6
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Not sure if you missed anything, but considering the already formidable list of traits for her character, you would think everyone and their mom would be gushing over her. That's pretty much every major fetish in the book a significant amount of population associate themselves with.

I sure thought Koneko would be on, at least, Mangatron's aka lolitron radar. Her punches can create crater. What more can be asked of a character?
Yeah, not much else you can ask of Koneko. Has a ton of popular characteristics down pat and can still beat the stuffing out of most threats .
Old 2013-07-08, 14:40   Link #7
Naoe Yamato

a tread about my beloved Koneko-chan! It's so good to see her again in this new season. And in season 3 it will be her time to take the spotlight
Old 2013-07-08, 17:03   Link #8
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Spoiler for Reference to unanimated content:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-08 at 17:44.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 17:07   Link #9
GDB

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-08 at 17:44.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 17:26   Link #10
Shinhwa
Banned

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-08 at 17:45.
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 12:48   Link #11
dmaxzero

The reason of why I am don´t like that this season is not a 2 cour one, besides many other things, is because we won´t see NYAAAAA! Koneko-chan.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 23:39   Link #12
itisp

Koneko learns to swim

A set of gif's made from BluRay exclusive extra scenes

Koneko learns to swim;
http://imgur.com/a/SWH0K
itisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 20:11   Link #13
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I have to say, while until now Koneko had been my second fav next to Asia, I think she might be working her wiles on me. That said, one thing's bothering me with her new development this season. As I've said in the episode threads, it seems like her character change is going a little fast. I've accepted that there's clear reason for her change, but still it seems a little rushed for her to become quite THIS attached to Issei so quickly. It's more than a little jarring.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 08:02   Link #14
Biohazardous

The only bad thing about Ise is the fact that he's a huge perv. Everything else about him makes him a great guy you'd be crazy not to care for. If you have not read the novels you should. If you are starting to fall for Koneko seeing more about her will cause you to care even more for her.
Old 2015-05-03, 16:01   Link #15
BWTraveller
Born to ship

My problem is not with Issei's character or with Koneko's. It's just the speed with which they changed it in the anime. One moment she's a heavy Tsun who only recognizes that Issei is an OK friend as long as you keep him away from boobs, then the next minute she's a pure Dere kitten who couldn't look more submissive. And the moment they get time to do what they want, she curls up in his lap. It's just a little jarring since it was so little time ago that she was making threats against him if he did anything she found perverted. Issei still rants and raves about boobs, and jumps at the first opportunity to do something perverse, but Koneko managed in a couple of episodes to go from insulting and/or beating him to doing everything short of licking him.
Look at other Tsundere characters, they usually have a transition period lasting a few episodes, in which they're still stand-offish but showing signs of admiration, before they start to show a true Dere side. Koneko just went straight from one end to the other and it's a little weird. That said, as jarring as this side is I can't say I don't like it. She can curl up in my lap anytime.
Old 2015-05-03, 16:07   Link #16
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
My problem is not with Issei's character or with Koneko's. It's just the speed with which they changed it in the anime. One moment she's a heavy Tsun who only recognizes that Issei is an OK friend as long as you keep him away from boobs, then the next minute she's a pure Dere kitten who couldn't look more submissive. And the moment they get time to do what they want, she curls up in his lap. It's just a little jarring since it was so little time ago that she was making threats against him if he did anything she found perverted.
To be fair, cats in general are often like that, attitude-wise, and frankly speaking, we already know that as of season 2 at least on some level Koneko is okay with Issei's perversion, 'cause it bothered her when he wasn't looking at her with perverted eyes.
Old 2015-05-05, 12:07   Link #17
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
To be fair, cats in general are often like that, attitude-wise, and frankly speaking, we already know that as of season 2 at least on some level Koneko is okay with Issei's perversion, 'cause it bothered her when he wasn't looking at her with perverted eyes.
I agree that her behavior is sufficiently consistent with cat behavior. That said, I think I'll continue to wish I'd gotten to see at least one instant of Koneko cuddling up to Issei and then jumping back and getting angry or flustered over the affection she's showing to someone she more often than not wants to pummel. At least I'm sure I'll get to see her old self again once Issei shows off his normal self again (or when she finds out about this new perverse move he's devising).
Old 2015-05-07, 08:11   Link #18
Biohazardous

Spoiler for Spoiler about lap:
Old 2015-05-15, 09:40   Link #19
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
It seems that Koneko being to open up towards Issei. I knew that she will grow into him.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 10:50   Link #20
BWTraveller
Born to ship

She seems to be going a little overboard, but it's still cool. I do feel like she just went from complete rejection of her cat-ness to suddenly trying to emphasize that side of herself in the extreme. Depending on interpretation this could be a psychological overreaction, deciding to flaunt that side of herself to extreme levels, or a manner of release: she's been holding back for so long that letting herself go involves insane indulgence.

Either way, it's somewhere between creepy and adorable seeing her sleep while snuggling and rubbing her head against his "lap". As I mentioned in an episode thread, I can't help but wonder whether this's partly an instinct to mark things she claims as her personal property (cats often rub their faces and other areas against things to mark territory). Not to mention what will happen when any of the others realize that the constantly putting her face or backside on this area could be a way of marking it as hers. Whether there's any truth to it, at least one or two girls may get quite offended at the idea that she's declaring exclusive rights to his nether regions.

Tags
characters