AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2006-11-26, 12:00   Link #41
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 05:20   Link #42
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

I am awaiting the phone call announcing the arrival of my Fate. This weekend!
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 14:00   Link #43
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Is this real?
Old 2006-11-28, 14:05   Link #44
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
Is this real?
Best Joke ever
He's not registred on Gamekult or Gamefaqs and why showing a cover before Preview First Images XD
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 14:24   Link #45
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Too bad...
Old 2006-12-01, 18:39   Link #46
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
I can't really see anything new in here, it's just a collection of various posters, the DVD covers without text on them and the like, often with plenty of white space on either side too because the images weren't the right size. Can't really say it's worth buying unless that's all you want. Glad I forgot about it until now, really. As for the standees, I'd rather have the Alter Fate I still have on preorder.
Well, a few weeks late (finally got the book today, thanks to my one-month pre-ordering lag), but I'd say that the Visual Collection met my expectations, personally. I never expected it to contain any new art (hence "collection"), but it's a pretty comprehensive collection of all the official art that's out there, and printed in fairly high quality (150 lpi? 166?). I guess I just like having a real book over a folder full of JPEGs (that were typically scanned from books anyway), so your (and everyone else's) mileage may vary. But as an artbook, I was pretty happy with it.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 00:13   Link #47
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Pardon my ignorance, but even if I were to drop the $350-$400 for the Nanoha A's DVDs, I wouldn't even be able to play them without a Japanese DVD player, correct?
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 00:32   Link #48
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but even if I were to drop the $350-$400 for the Nanoha A's DVDs, I wouldn't even be able to play them without a Japanese DVD player, correct?
make a iso and play it on your comp using a vitural dvd-rom.
Old 2006-12-02, 01:31   Link #49
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst View Post
Well, there are a lot of ways; Xellos-_^ mentioned just one of them above. All PC DVD drives also allow you to change the region of the drive up to five times; with the price of plain DVD-ROM drives being what they are, you could just buy a second one for $30 and set it to Region 2 permanently. There's also software on the PC that can remove region coding from your DVDs for playback, and also in burned copies, so an easy way to play it in your home DVD player would be to rip it and re-burn it region-free (that also has the advantage of allowing you to leave the real discs in their cases so you don't scratch them up). Of course, another option is a region-free DVD player; a simple search and you'll find that there are plenty of them around. So... all in all, it's fairly easy to deal with.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 08:29   Link #50
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Did anyone get that Fate which is holding Zanber horizontally yet? How's the balancing? Is the cut good and does she bend any?

Also, it's sad that I need to ask this but does it have any *ahem* suprise modifications?
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 12:05   Link #51
mac_pack

Location: On top of Mount Slecka in the valley of Raccon Don O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
Did anyone get that Fate which is holding Zanber horizontally yet? How's the balancing? Is the cut good and does she bend any?

Also, it's sad that I need to ask this but does it have any *ahem* suprise modifications?
I don't have it yet, but it is currently in transit on the way to my house.

Here are few sites with pics:
http://taste.style.coocan.jp/hobby061208.htm
http://www.hinatatiki.sakura.ne.jp/g...na_fategs.html

That last site also has pics of the Movic one, which is also coming my way. (just hasn't shipped)
http://www.hinatatiki.sakura.ne.jp/g...a_fatemov.html
mac_pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 12:14   Link #52
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_pack View Post
I don't have it yet, but it is currently in transit on the way to my house.

Here are few sites with pics:
http://taste.style.coocan.jp/hobby061208.htm
http://www.hinatatiki.sakura.ne.jp/g...na_fategs.html

That last site also has pics of the Movic one, which is also coming my way. (just hasn't shipped)
http://www.hinatatiki.sakura.ne.jp/g...a_fatemov.html
Thanks for posting those sites; I have been wondering the same thing regarding balance.
...I feel like I've waited so long for this one considering I pre ordered it almost right as it came out. The demand's been pretty high, just shipped out to me a week ago. ...at least I finally getting it though.
LionsMane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 14:19   Link #53
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
Did anyone get that Fate which is holding Zanber horizontally yet? How's the balancing?
I've got mine:

Zanber got his own support.
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 07:02   Link #54
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Comparing all the figures released so far. And yes, that is Alter's Fate.

IT'S OUT AND SHE'S HUGE!
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 09:27   Link #55
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Oh wow, she is =o

You bring good news sir. Now to wait patiently for HLJ to get their stock in My first ever PVC, yays.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 09:45   Link #56
Lost

Woah, dodgethis_sg did you pick up ALTER's Fate from a local shop? I didnt see it while on my 'rounds' today. Tho I did buy Kotobukiya's Nanoha (the top right one). Will try to get some piccies up.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 09:47   Link #57
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
now that is one badass long sword O.o

yep yep fate and nanoha is on my christmas list! i cant wait to grasp them in my hand >.< (nothing rude intended :3)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 12:10   Link #58
mac_pack

Location: On top of Mount Slecka in the valley of Raccon Don O.
I already have Movic's Nanoha figure and GSC's Fate is sitting under my Christmas tree.

I now await the shipment of the following: Movic's Fate, Alter's Fate and GSC's Nanoha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
Oh wow, she is =o

You bring good news sir. Now to wait patiently for HLJ to get their stock in My first ever PVC, yays.
If Alter's Fate is your first PVC, you picked a damn good one. From the pics I have seen it looks absolutely gorgeous. In fact, here are some.
mac_pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 13:19   Link #59
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
and wow just look at this

too bad the prepainted version is still in progress...i dam my unskillful hands >.<

hmm hopefully it will become my birthday present

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 16:02   Link #60
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_pack View Post
I already have Movic's Nanoha figure and GSC's Fate is sitting under my Christmas tree.

I now await the shipment of the following: Movic's Fate, Alter's Fate and GSC's Nanoha

If Alter's Fate is your first PVC, you picked a damn good one. From the pics I have seen it looks absolutely gorgeous. In fact, here are some.
I happen to pre-ordered the Alter-Fate too, wow now that i take a closer look at it. I knew that ordering this was the right choice :P. Thanks for the pics.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote