AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-08, 12:19   Link #961
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
so Wako actually likes both guys?
Yes, she likes both boys, but now we know why she likes Takuto(it's because recent Takuto's personality reminds her of Sugata's previous personality).
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 17:00   Link #962
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
To me it seems like King Author's story all over again.

Takuto: Lancelot. I think the Ginga Bishonen is meant as the knight to protect the King
Sugata: Oviously the King
Wako: The Queen aka Gwenivere who seems to be falling for the knight.

Of course, this is wild guessing on my part.
Yeah, I actually thought the same thing (and it's Arthur btw) but I still have no idea where this story is going.
Old 2010-11-08, 19:16   Link #963
ShiroiRyu

About the insert song of Wako ...
That will be in Blue-Ray too ? XD
Just wanted to know because i really like insert songs and other stuff like that.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 19:21   Link #964
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Yeah, I actually thought the same thing (and it's Arthur btw) but I still have no idea where this story is going.
arthur would work if there was an established relationship, by opining shounen really isn't the same as a married queen and king, plus we all know arthur really was a woman.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 23:06   Link #965
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 5 was interesting. Dr. Midori, was hilarious character. What a way to be defeated though, that was really funny. Fish girl's song is back, yay, I missed that last week.
Old 2010-11-09, 04:21   Link #966
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

I quite like the series, whenever Fish girl sings her song, that's my favorite part, because a awesome enemy design follows.

Tauburn I didn't like at first, but it has grown on me, too bad about the Nurse being beaten so easily, she had the most awesome design of the Glittering Crux Cybodies so far.

It's just a fun series you don't take serious like Gurren Lagann, though this is already better.
Sanger Zonvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 09:08   Link #967
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
arthur would work if there was an established relationship, by opining shounen really isn't the same as a married queen and king, plus we all know arthur really was a woman.
True that, there isn't much of an established relationship aside from the fiancé thing so it's not that set in stone. But it still has a few parallelisms to that story: Takuto is clearly a knight in shining armor and his relationship with Sugata is/was on quite friendly terms. Then we can cast Wako as the maiden who is engaged with Sugata but shows clear signs of interest in Takuto... I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice there's some inspiration there even if it's not strictly speaking the same and we cannot take conclusions as to where the story will go even if such inspiration is true.

Of course these coincidences can probably be attributed to mere chance and/or to our western-minded views.
Old 2010-11-09, 20:37   Link #968
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Mandrake's Love Root

Whoah! and Kawaii!

I classified the fifth episode.

Not only did it formally introduced another Star Crux character, but next to Kanako the school nurse Okamoto is straight funny and cute.

Aside from being voiced by Houko Kuwashima, her personality and love-comedy antics were a sure win for me in this episode.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 12:25   Link #969
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Aww c'mon, put anyone to sleep but Sugata. He's kind of important to, you know, the two ships I can't decide to be my OTP in this show (Wako is good, but Tiger's dream sequence was so 'daww' inducing as well ><).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanger Zonvolt View Post
I quite like the series, whenever Fish girl sings her song, that's my favorite part, because a awesome enemy design follows.
Must be my Macross backgroud, but I wholeheartedly agree. Music + mecha battles = win lol

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 13:08   Link #970
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Star driver finally about to do some heavy (story) lifting eh? 'S about darn time.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 17:10   Link #971
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
you know i wish i could put the fish girls stories on my ipod i could just listen to that voice and her singing for hours.

Well this is an interesting development Wako likes both guys but likes Takuto because he reminds her of what Sugata use to be like. However Takuto and Sugata share not only similar personalities but also share the same birthday which Wako still does not know. But there is also the painting that Takuto was familiar with. I need not mention the red vs blue hair theme going on. This is starting to look like a long lost brother theme. But certain events do not add up to solidify that claim.

I wonder if the condition of using the King Cybodies is a curse causing those to fall asleep or a safe guard. Maybe the users of the King Cybody has to meet a certain requirement before using it and if they dont they fall into a deep sleep. I dunno but it sure is interesting and we are getting more questions than answers as of late. But i too wonder what Takuto 1st phase is
Old 2010-11-10, 19:04   Link #972
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

just a little speculation:

It is interesting that Takuto and Sugata may be related, but i think it could be a stretch, Takuto seems to be looking for his father and wasn't Sugata's father put to sleep when he activated the King's Pillar, Also if they are related they should share the fate which would make it hard for Takuto to have left the island in the first place, Since Takuto was raised by his Grandfather, the Grandfather would have had a hard time leaving the island as well, also i doubt they would both have the same first phase, but if they were brothers that means that they should be the same, Sugata also did not mention that anyone from his family has left the island because of their duty, Also i think it was episode 1, but the head guy who has fish girl was talking with someone who could've been Takuto father because they discussed his reason for coming to the island
Old 2010-11-11, 00:29   Link #973
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wow, not only was there a complete absence of wacky school hijinks in episode 06, but I feel like I learned more about the key character's back-stories and what motivates them here than I did while watching the previous 5 episodes worth of content combined. I'm kind of interested now to see what Sugata's Cybuddy actually looks like and if he's going to be out of the picture for a while or not (my gut says probably not). The solid action bits were there too which was the icing on the cake for this episode and the cliffhanger means I absolutely have to be back for next weeks episode and have it at the front of my list of things to watch. Easily the most productive episode to date by a wide margin I would say. If the show keeps it up like this I'll be 100% back into things in no time flat.

Other notes....putting on wacky maid/catgirl customs might give you fetish appeal, but it doesn't necessarily make you a better fighter....at all. Leave the fighting to the manly men please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ep6 re 'ano hito':
Excellent episode. I thought Hayami Saori showed that her acting ability, communicating feelings so well by Wako's words. I also thought her singing was richer in this episode. The scenes between Tomatsu Haruka and Ishida Akira continue to be deep and fascinating. The girl "Ondine," with freckles and the yellow mask, was played by Saitou Chiwa.
I also felt that Wako's VA's singing was a lot stronger in this episode. Don't know what could have changed between recording this one and the previous episode....maybe it was just the wrong song for her, who knows....the point is it was much better.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 01:52   Link #974
faythz
I.G

for Wako song part 1
it's because she sing it for Takuto

For wako Song part 2
because for Sugata lol

it's seems takuto love is one sided
---
for next eps will Sugata stay Comma or takuto save him ..
hopefully still comma for the NTR purpose. Steal Wako when sugata sleep
faythz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 05:52   Link #975
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Other notes....putting on wacky maid/catgirl customs might give you fetish appeal, but it doesn't necessarily make you a better fighter....at all. Leave the fighting to the manly men please.
Don't blame them, it's all Sugata's tastes.
Old 2010-11-11, 08:05   Link #976
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Don't blame them, it's all Sugata's tastes.
He's got good taste, I have to say.
Old 2010-11-11, 09:19   Link #977
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Crazy Crack Speculation #1 :

It's highly implied that Head has a mark.
If we subscribe to the theory that Takuto's grandfather was the former Galactic Youth, and that Head is Takuto's dad, that's 3 generations of Galactic Youths.
Mermaid Girl's talk about Wako seems to imply that powers associated with the mark seems to vanish from the user and pass on to the next generation after the deed is done.
Head looks quite young. ( though it may just be anime men don't get old )
Head has problems falling asleep. Every night.
Head's Division is called Banishing Age
Head's first phase power is to freeze the time of his body, allowing him to not lose his mark which should had passed on to Takuto.
Side-effect of this power is that he cannot sleep at all, and that he has not slept for 16+ years.

This crack potentially extends to Crack #2 which speculates that Takuto is not the real Galactic Youth, but rather 'something or someone' else that is somehow able to approivoise Taubarn. The scar over Takuto's mark is just used to hide the real shape of his mark, which does not correspond to the shape of Taubarn's.

Crack #3 is basically an inverse of what Key Board said, where Takuto is the real Sugata, and the current Sugata is just a copy which was created to take over the responsibilities of 'Shindo Sugata.'

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 09:31   Link #978
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Head's first phase power is to freeze the time of his body, allowing him to not lose his mark which should had passed on to Takuto.
Side-effect of this power is that he cannot sleep at all, and that he has not slept for 16+ years.
The only problem with your theory is this part. In episode 1 Professor Silver specifically said that Head's first phase power is the ability to summon Starsword Diamant - the "blade of the beginning". I agree that Head is unable to age, but I think it might be the side effect of something else, rather than it being his power or something he can control.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 09:43   Link #979
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The only problem with your theory is this part. In episode 1 Professor Silver specifically said that Head's first phase power is the ability to summon Starsword Diamant - the "blade of the beginning". I agree that Head is unable to age, but I think it might be the side effect of something else, rather than it being his power or something he can control.
That flew over my head for some reason. Thanks.

I suppose there's a possibility that Star Drivers gain access to extra powers as they go up in phases, but there's nothing to go by that yet. Takuto isn't even aware of his 1st phase power, while the other Star Driver that is potentially beyond 1st phase ( Sugata ) goes into a coma just by using his 1st phase power ( and by prior history, no other Sugatas had ever gone beyond using 1st phase powers ). Head is obviously being coy as well, assuming he has a mark and is beyond 1st phase.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 10:00   Link #980
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I think there's a bit of confusion over the phases. Now, I might not be completely right here, since there are many things about the show we don't know about, but my understanding is that when they say "First Phase power" they're referring to the unique ability each Star Driver has which can be used outside of Zero Time as a normal human. The reason why it is called a First Phase power is probably because even when all the four seals are intact (ie: everything is in the first phase) they still have this unique power even if they cannot actually pilot the Cybody.

If this is accurate, then there are not Second Phase powers or Third Phase powers. The Second Phase would simply be the ability to apprivose and pilot a Cybody in a Cyber Casket, and the Third Phase would be the ability to apprivose and pilot a Cybody without a Cyber Casket. It is implied so far that those who bear a mark on their body are able to skip directly to the Third Phase even with the remaining seals in place.

That's how I see it. If there are any clues or details in the show so far which indicate otherwise, corrections are welcome. But so far I see no indication that there are any extra special powers for Star Drivers beyond the First Phase.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen