Super Ska Master

Damn Tou, you beat me to it. =P
Super Ska Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 18:16   Link #1782
eggplant
Eggplant

ないしょのつぼみ
Naishi no Tsubomi

Based on the shoujo manga about girls puberty and sex education by Yabuuchi Yuu, currently serialized in Shougaku Yonensei and Shougaku Gonensei (4th Grade and 5th Grade respectively), with 4 tankoubon releases (including one prequel) under the Ciao comics label.

Broadcast: Early 2008

Source: Naisho no Tsubomi -Mebae- cover

Genre: Shoujo

Covers:
Spoiler for Tankoubon covers:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 18:29   Link #1783
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Has the Night Wizard anime been announced here? The image on the web site is very attractive:

http://www.fear.co.jp/nw/

It seems to be based on an RPG though.
Skimming through that site, it seems that this is not a normal RPG game. It is what the creators call a "Table Talk RPG". Well I think it's what the Japanese call Tabletop RPGs.

So it's not a PC game and it's not even a card game. There's some kind of rule book which you have to read, and you gather some friends and engage in some kind of scenario-creating conversation. So basically, you just talk and create a "game scenario, characters and decisions" based on the rules. It's like creating the script for an RPG.

Don't ask me how and why they thought of such a thing though. I just don't get tabletop rpgs anyway. But I don't mind taking a look at the rule books though... they seem interesting.
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 18:48   Link #1784
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Skimming through that site, it seems that this is not a normal RPG game. It is what the creators call a "Table Talk RPG". Well I think it's what the Japanese call Tabletop RPGs.

So it's not a PC game and it's not even a card game. There's some kind of rule book which you have to read, and you gather some friends and engage in some kind of scenario-creating conversation. So basically, you just talk and create a "game scenario, characters and decisions" based on the rules. It's like creating the script for an RPG.

Don't ask me how and why they thought of such a thing though. I just don't get tabletop rpgs anyway. But I don't mind taking a look at the rule books though... they seem interesting.
Sounds like the "storyteller" style RPGs that White Wolf and other pen & paper game companies publish. It's more collaborative between all the players so it *should* make for a more fun & involving experience.
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 18:51   Link #1785
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
MOON PHASE’s Diary has issued a few anime related rumors today. One of the more credible ones is an announcement of a ToLOVE-Ru (ToLOVEる) TV anime series based on a manga from Weekly Shounen Jump. MOON PHASE already slates its broadcast for April 2008.

The love comedy with an abundance of pervy scenes talks about a relationship between an alien princess named LaLa and a highschool student Yuuki Rito. The manga has produced four volumes so far
Holy ****!

I know it's not a good idea to get worked up over a rumor in case it turns out bad, but...

(pleaseletitbetrue pleaseletitbetrue pleaseletitbetrue pleaseletitbetrue)
Old 2007-07-26, 21:11   Link #1786
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Off-topic:

Quote:

Tabletop RPGs are more like acting, but with rules to follow. It depends on the type of game you play, though--some, like the arch-famous Dungeons & Dragons, are more geared towards fighting and stuff (and as such they are heavier on the rules side), and some are more oriented towards character development and roleplay. But it always boils down to a couple of friends playing a piece of theater, or so to speak. Notice that it's two meanings of "play" (to play a game, and to play a character) mixed in one single action. I know it may be hard to understand, and probably awkward to get into, but once you find players that suit you (one with which you share some kind of "empathy"), you'll love it.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 03:38   Link #1787
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

I'm not sure if you heard this before but Trigun is getting a movie!!!! XD Probably gonna get released late 2008 or 2009...not sure. wink.gif

The October 2005 issue of Neo magazine (A UK Anime magazine) includes an interview with Madhouse's founder and series planner, Masao Maruyama. In it, he says the studio is working on a Trigun Movie that should be released in a "couple of years". The November issue of Anime Insider also confirms this news.

In May 2007 Nightow confirmed at the Anime Central Convention that the Trigun movie was in the early stages of preproduction with the script near completion, though he did not divulge any plot information.

(~taken from WIK~)
jcdranzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 11:52   Link #1788
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Holy ****!

I know it's not a good idea to get worked up over a rumor in case it turns out bad, but...

(pleaseletitbetrue pleaseletitbetrue pleaseletitbetrue pleaseletitbetrue)
Don't forget Eve.

Oh and as for this Night Wizard thing, I have this idea that it might be about friends gathering around to play the tabletop and getting pulled into it, and that it's main appeal will be the supposed 72 Lords of Darkness or whatever and their Loliriffic Moeness (potentially). It probably also won't hasten to promote the board game product in any way possible.

Oh and there's also a PC Game for Night Wizard as well. There's a Getchu link, but it contains some explicit content so I won't post it. It is an Eroge after all.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-07-27 at 12:24.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 14:25   Link #1789
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Since when did this thread become the "Meaning of RPGs", which I should point out that RPGs preceded their more popular electronic RPGs version now played on PCs or consoles (see Wiki).

Can we turn the discussion back to New Announced Anime please.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 04:59   Link #1790
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

Forgive me if this is old news: -

Starchild has formally announced development of a 4 episode OVA series tentatively titled, "Ryofuko-chan". The Ryofuko-chan anime originated as a fictional anime watched by the characters in Jiro Suzuki's manga series Souta-kun no Akihabara Funtouki, which is itself scheduled for an anime adaptation. The first episode of the Ryofuko-chan anime will be released in December.

(~taken from AnimeNation~)
jcdranzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 16:50   Link #1791
NeoSam

Links in this post are NSFW.
Adult content be careful :P

The eroge (ero-game) Shakkin Shimai (借金姉妹) by Selen will be getting an OVA.

Release date: October 25, 2007

Selen's page for the game:
http://www.selen.gr.jp/product/20.php

Getchu's page for the game:
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=360145
Old 2007-07-29, 01:45   Link #1792
Kouji
StrykerX

And here's a follow up to Hero Tales, from Fullmetal Alchemist series author; Hiromu Arakawa. Courtesy of Anime Nation

Quote:
Japanese portal site Goo now hosts screenshots and character profiles from the upcoming adventure anime series Jyushin Enbu -Hero Tales-.
You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle

Official Site
Character Designs of Y.U.A: Full Throttle

Director: Koichi Ohata
Series Composition: Natsuko Takahashi
Original creator: Kousuke Fujishima
Character Design: Atsuko Nakajima

Cast - Japanese
Akiko Hiramatsu as Miyuki Kobayakawa
Sakiko Tamagawa as Natsumi Tsujimoto
Bin Shimada as Ken Nakajima
Etsuko Kozakura as Yoriko Nikaido
Rica Matsumoto as Futaba Aoi

Last edited by Kouji; 2007-07-29 at 02:08.
Kouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 11:37   Link #1793
cyth
Banned

MOON PHASE now lists Noramimi as an upcoming anime. No other information has been released. According to MangaScreener.com:
Quote:
Noramimi is a delightful manga that people of all age can enjoy, about a world in which every family has a special “character” who lives with them and helps their children develop into healthy adults, based around the concept of Doraemon. It’s a truly heartwarming manga (a friend of mine said that anyone who doesn’t love it “has no heart”) and a joy to read. Serialized in Ikki since 2003, it has 4 volumes at present.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 13:40   Link #1794
NeoSam

And here are the available covers of the seinen manga Noramimi:

==========

のらみみ
Noramimi

Serialized in the seinen manga magazine IKKI.
For now there are 4 volumes released of this manga.
Covers:

Spoiler:

Mangaka: Kazuo Hara

The site for the manga:
http://www.ikki-para.com/comix/noramimi.html

Genre: Seinen, Comedy

==========
Old 2007-07-29, 14:25   Link #1795
NeoSam

The anime adaptation of the seinen manga Noramimi was announced in the September issue of the seinen manga magazine IKKI, which was published on July 25, 2007.

Hmm >.< its already 29/7 why did it take so long for this anime announcement to surface >.<

The latest issue of IKKI magazine (released on 25/7) can be seen here (the anime announcement is not mentioned on its cover (or at least I don't see it >.< )).
Old 2007-07-30, 05:53   Link #1796
NeoSam

The official site for Rosario to Vampire (Rosario + Vampire) anime has opened:
http://www.rosa-vam.com/

Broadcast: 2008
Old 2007-07-30, 07:36   Link #1797
NeoSam

An anime adaptation of Kaiji manga was mentioned in this post.
The anime will start broadcast in October according to the latest issue of Young Magazine (issue 35)

The site for Kaiji manga :
http://www.yanmaga.kodansha.co.jp/ym...iji/kaiji.html
Old 2007-07-30, 09:57   Link #1798
Nomad Soul

The latest issue of Afternoon (September) states that there'll be an "important announcement" regarding Vinland Saga in the next issue. Chances are they'll finally announce the anime adaptation that everybody knew would come.
Nomad Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 10:31   Link #1799
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Didn't we just say to stick to anime announcements and get rid of the off topic posts? How many times does it need to be told?

For this time I've deleted a bunch of unrelated posts and left this note, next time we might be stricter.
Old 2007-07-31, 14:42   Link #1800
NeoSam

Though the anime started a few days ago >.< an official site for Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou Tou Dai ni Maku (東京魔人學園剣風帖 龖 第弐幕) anime has opened at the following site:
http://www.majin2.com/

Night Wizard staff info and its official site:

Anime title:
ナイトウィザード -The ANIMATION-
Night Wizard -The ANIMATION-

Broadcast: Autumn 2007

Staff info and official site:

------------------------------------------

Original Work: Kikuchi Takeshi & F.E.A.R.
Director: Yamamoto Yusuke
Original Character Concept: Ishida Hiroyuki
Series Composition: Fujisaki Ayuna
Audio Director: Motoyama Satoshi
Character Design & General Animation Director: Shimoya Tomoyuki ???
Music Production: 5PB.
Animation Production: HAL FILM MAKER

Official Site: http://www.nightwizard.jp/

------------------------------------------

Night Wizard's site has meaningless stuff currently on it :P will probably be officially opened sometime later.

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers