Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-08-17, 17:52   Link #181
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I just realized after someone told me that Custodian Enki's missing arm is Airgetlam.

I'm looking forward in seeing Carol fighting Noble Red.
Me too! I can't wait to see the S.O.N.G. reaction where Carol is back.
Old 2019-08-17, 20:17   Link #182
devilo96

Oh boi eps 7 is the best eps so far....i mean a little feels trip its damn good
now i feel bad for the pupet....
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 20:30   Link #183
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Elfnein gets a transformation

Spoiler for Didnt see that coming:
Old 2019-08-17, 20:52   Link #184
moridin84
Custom User Title

Robot girl got quite a few "WTF unfain" moments this episode

It's not really that difficult to figure how where the story in most anime is going to go. But with Symphogear it's impossible. They always come up with these crazy twists.

Symphogear is amazing.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 20:53   Link #185
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was a lot of fun. At most I thought we might see Carol in some Elfnein dream sequence. Or maybe using the memory dive machine she used with Maria last season. Instead they did something a lot more fun with it. Spare/scrap bodies left in the Chateau being powered up in the process of Noble Red following their own plans seems plausible. And they've done enough since GX and during OVAs to establish that they could come back to Carol. I kind of like that Millaarc poking around helped bring Carol to the surface.

It was a nice chance to get a last run at things for the autoscorers. They were some of the most entertaining parts of a flawed season in GX. They are in scrap bodies and probably low on memories so they aren't all that powerful here. But they did the best they could. And all of it did push Elfnein and in a sense Carol to step up. I wouldn't be surprised if next episode opens up with a mental scene with Elfnein and Carol talking and Elfnein asking Carol to fight. And even if Carol likely doesn't have memories to burn recklessly...she does have a relic and she can sing. That may be enough here.

There were other nice moments. I liked Chris tearing up at hearing that Miku really was ok. A presumption was all they had until then
Old 2019-08-17, 22:11   Link #186
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Wasn't the source of Carol's powers her own memories? Unless Elfnein got a philosopher stone handy she will be turning Elfnein into a blank slate pretty fast.
yeah, that's one problem. Or maybe she just have to defeat the three villains very quickly?

Another minor nitpick.. the Dur Da Bla, I could be wrong but wasn't that relic already exploded in GX. Why still here and ready to use?
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 01:13   Link #187
Dark Wing

I had mixed feelings about this season but this last episode turned it all around for me. The Symphogear craziness I know and love!
Old 2019-08-18, 04:19   Link #188
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I had mixed feelings about this season but this last episode turned it all around for me. The Symphogear craziness I know and love!
Me too! Some awesome moments for good guys while bad guys has some big WTF Moments too.
Old 2019-08-18, 06:39   Link #189
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

nice seeing Carol inside Elfnein and the Autoscorers make a return to kick some ass despite the Autoscorers not being as powerful as before due to their current condition, and Elfnein inherited Dur da Bla thus she joined the battle team.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 12:20   Link #190
Marina2

Come to think of it, Carol/Elfnien should be able to revive Autoscorers again with all those"scrap bodies" in that machine. But I won't hope much.
Old 2019-08-18, 22:21   Link #191
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Wasn't the source of Carol's powers her own memories? Unless Elfnein got a philosopher stone handy she will be turning Elfnein into a blank slate pretty fast.
Carol always had the power of alchemy. It was just her Faust Robe that transformed her into an adult that cost her memories. She only intentionally offered up all of her memories last time in a suicidal attempt to beat Hibiki. Of course she would be more careful this time, not to mention Elfnein said she only needed to buy time until the Symphogears arrive to help.

Also, even if Carol's alchemy costed her memories this time, there are still loopholes around it.

For example, Carol could sacrifice her own consciousness to protect Elfnein, much like Finé offered herself in place of Shirabe.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2019-08-18 at 22:32.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 22:29   Link #192
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Yup, that's one way they could go about it. My thought was that Carol would take it as a self imposed restriction to prioritize a defensive battle and getting out rather than overwhelming her opponents, assuming she has grown to care about Elfnein. I mean, since otherwise the power differential is just too much.

Quote:
Carol always had the power of alchemy.
What I seem to remember from early on the third season was that while Symphogears were powered through songs, alchemy was powered through memories. Carol makes a point about this by stating multiple times how she hates songs and their association with miracles, and Elfnein remarks several times that Carol is fighting a self defeating battle. The alchemists in S4 highlight that they went around this by using a philosopher stone as a power source.

I'm only speaking from memory so if I'm mistaken I'm happy to be corrected.

Last edited by Proto; 2019-08-18 at 22:39.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 05:10   Link #193
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I have a feeling that just like how the autoscorers are weaker than their previous selves in GX.. Carol strength would also be nerfed in some way to balance things out. If it's the same power level of Carol boss character from GX, Noble Red won't really stand a chance.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2019-08-19 at 05:31.
Old 2019-08-19, 10:00   Link #194
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I have a feeling that just like how the autoscorers are weaker than their previous selves in GX.. Carol strength would also be nerfed in some way to balance things out. If it's the same power level of Carol boss character from GX, Noble Red won't really stand a chance.
No doubt. If Carol was at anywhere near her best this would end in about 20 seconds. Noble Red isn't very strong in terms of the overall franchise. I'd definitely consider them weaker than Carol's autoscorers when they are full on memories and tuned up.

They can certainly balance this out rationally. Carol likely can't go around burning memories. However her consciousness recovered via the merge with Elfnein, that body isn't likely to have enough memories to use as combat fuel. That leaves relying more on the relic's natural power and maybe using it like a Symphogear.

I'm curious how the next episode plays out. There is a monster outside that the gear users need to either deal with that or bypass. Hibiki needs to get back on her feet as well. And a 3 on 1 fight inside the base with Miku nearby. Who knows where Fudou might be right now or if he'll make some sort of move to make the situation even more complicated. Should be fun to see what happens here.
Old 2019-08-22, 20:18   Link #195
tuckersister

I'm still trying to figure out how Amalgam is utilized. The other gear users hopefully won't get stuck in Cocoon state.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-23, 08:49   Link #196
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Important information: Carol was added to the cast list on the official website's Staff & Cast page. So looks like she'll be with us for more than just 2 episodes.

https://www.symphogear-xv.com/staff_cast.php
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 05:59   Link #197
Liddo-kun
is this so?

nice. genocide loli would be around for more than two ep. ^^

hmm, next episode airs tomorrow. Can't wait!
Old 2019-08-24, 12:48   Link #198
runset

AAAAAA MIKUU!!!!! no... it's Shem-ha now. that transformation was sick.

Last episode tier episode this time and it's getting better and better.

Also Carol faced noble red and trashed them twice. It's unfortunate that they relied on fudo and now they finally paid the price for that.

Cannot wait for next week and the rest of 5 episode.
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 13:01   Link #199
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Spoiler for 3(Mi)+9(ku)+3(-san) = 15/XV:
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 14:05   Link #200
Kazu-kun

All I can say is "welcome back to season 2."

I guess I also should say that Kaneko is a hack. Seriously, someone should fire that guy already.

Tags
action, badass.mc, bishoujo, music