AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2010-09-17, 17:43   Link #361
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
Sousuke probably invited Kaname to his bed, or Kaname wanted to sleep in the same bed as him. Either way Sousuke looks uncomfortable
Old 2010-09-17, 21:32   Link #362
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Thanks! ^_^ I don't do a lot of typesetting, so I'm still figuring it out. Even as I went on those few, I feel like I made some improvements from the beginning to the end. ^^;

Did the chocolate banana ones too, here we go~

On the originals, I noticed there was some of the color in the letters, I tried to mimic as best I could. What I do on the b&w ones, I duplicate the text layers and blur the lower layer, then make it a deep gray. For these ones, I made that bottom layer the color instead. Hope it worked. I might need to increase the size of the text on the red-ish one...
Heyyy that looks neat! Wow i had no idea, since i guess the bubbles aren't truely white, they are colored. What font is that anyways?

Great job! You and Mutsuri make a great team in this..o.o.its scarey..LOL...yet kickass..^-^

but didnt that right bubble said something about chidori? It had that kanji for "chidori" its the only one i know! XD It looks like a bug with 8 legs XD...LOL...! 千鳥
Old 2010-09-17, 21:46   Link #363
FeistyDreams

『お湯』? That second character is read "yu" it means hot water bath. The second character in Chidori is "tori" 鳥 which means 'bird'. (Her name means "1000 birds," or, a specific bird species, the "plover"... if you wanted to know)

Anyways, I just realized I forgot the little bit of stuff he mumbles, I'll have to fix it. I'll probably get it fixed sometime later tonight. Whoops~ u.u;;
Old 2010-09-18, 00:44   Link #364
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:

Anyways, I just realized I forgot the little bit of stuff he mumbles, I'll have to fix it. I'll probably get it fixed sometime later tonight. Whoops~ u.u;;
I's actually a good thing, coz I need to run that particular bit by BF, actually, as I'm not too sure. Well, I'm pretty sure it's 天然、but I'm not sure I got the implied meaning right.
MutsuriLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 00:51   Link #365
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

hey guys , you did great! no worries ^.^

Old 2010-09-18, 13:00   Link #366
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

AWWWWWWW!!! *dies of cuteness!!*

She's sooooo cute! look at her tailie wagging! ^-^!!
Old 2010-09-18, 14:16   Link #367
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Chibi Sousuke was cool... But Chibi Kaname??? TO ADORABLE!! (Sorry for the caps)
Old 2010-09-18, 19:55   Link #368
FeistyDreams

All righty, fixed up that second one, since MutsuriLurker got back to me with a translation for what he mumbles~ ^^

Old 2010-09-19, 15:03   Link #369
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Translateeeeed
Okay, so this is the "Edit friendly" version, so I'll put it under spoiler tags, if you all want to wait for Feisty's lovely cleaned-up version

First one !

Spoiler for Absolutely Work Safe.:

Onward to the second one !!

Natsukaze, summer cold.

Spoiler for Still work safe, but some steamy kissing hotness in it :D:

So, what next ? *bubbling happily*
Old 2010-09-19, 17:32   Link #370
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuriLurker View Post
Translateeeeed
Okay, so this is the "Edit friendly" version, so I'll put it under spoiler tags, if you all want to wait for Feisty's lovely cleaned-up version

First one !

Spoiler for Absolutely Work Safe.:

Onward to the second one !!

Natsukaze, summer cold.

Spoiler for Still work safe, but some steamy kissing hotness in it :D:

So, what next ? *bubbling happily*
Oh wow!!! WOW ~!

Lmao the last one..XD...am still kinda lost, why did he kissed her to make her stay home? It's still cute!

omg the sleepy one was so cute! He was thinking dirty thoughts!! bad Sousuke! 8D LOL!!!

Wow that was great!

Hm another? Let's see! *digs her boxes of digital fanart stash ..XD*...
Old 2010-09-20, 01:58   Link #371
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Oh wow!!! WOW ~!

Lmao the last one..XD...am still kinda lost, why did he kissed her to make her stay home? It's still cute!

Oh, that ? it's to prove her he knows her body better than she does. Coz he can make her go from 'normal' to 'weak in the knees' in 0.03 sec' flat :3
Old 2010-09-20, 02:23   Link #372
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuriLurker View Post
Oh, that ? it's to prove her he knows her body better than she does. Coz he can make her go from 'normal' to 'weak in the knees' in 0.03 sec' flat :3
Sousuke has the ability o.o??? Well a kiss would probably do that
Old 2010-09-20, 20:04   Link #373
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Sousuke has the ability o.o??? Well a kiss would probably do that
Well apparently he is a great kisser, so much he made Izumi faint!

Old 2010-09-20, 20:07   Link #374
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Well apparently he is a great kisser, so much he made Izumi faint!

Spoiler for Picture:
Oh I remember that Wasnt Izumi asking Sousuke to be her boyfriend for a reason? Then everything went completely wrong?
Old 2010-09-20, 20:20   Link #375
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Here's a rare one! Future Father's day special?

its too cute! ^.^

page 1

page 2

page 3!
Old 2010-09-24, 17:12   Link #376
FeistyDreams

Sorry it took me so long to get to these. I've had a hectic week... OF BAKING A BONTA-KUN CAKE!!! *ahem* It's still not complete because it's my first time doing so much work, but when it's done, I'll share pictures. ^_^

Spoiler for Summer Cold:

Spoiler for Vacation:

Quote:
Heyyy that looks neat! Wow i had no idea, since i guess the bubbles aren't truely white, they are colored. What font is that anyways?
Sorry I missed this question before. ^^; Actually, in the pictures with the colors, the background IS still white. (I grab the color to make sure I'm going to paint it right to get rid of the text, and the hex was FFFFFF which is solid white). I just grabbed the darker parts of the colors and when I blurred the bottom layer for the text, I made it that dark color, rather then hex #545454 like I do on the B&W pictures.

As for the fonts, I used 4 different ones over-all.

The standard font I used is "Anime Ace 2.0 BB"

In the above comics, look at the vacation page 2. "Wh-What's the matter, did something happen!?" is in "Comic Book Commando Bold Italic" and "Should've guessed he wasn't..." is in "Comic Book Commando Italic" The leading on Comic Book Commando is kinda messed up since it's a small font and photoshop automatically gives it a larger leading to compensate for it, thinking the letters would be on top of each other. So, in pretty much every single spot where I use those fonts, I decreased the leading. (Leading, with the 'lead' pronounced like the metal not the verb, is the space between lines of text)

Revisiting "Only You" page 2:

The "WH-" is the font "SF Slapstick Comic" with the leading adjusted to be larger, making the letter lower, on the H and smaller so that it's higher on the -, and I added a stroke on the blending options to outline the character. (Also, the follow up in that bubble, the "No way!" is back to Comic Book Commando Bold Italic, everything else on that page is Anime Ace.)

I can't remember if I adjusted the kerning anywhere... I may have done it on some ellipses, but I can't recall. (Kerning is the space between characters, ellipses are "...")

I believe I got all of my fonts from DaFont, if anyone's looking. ^^
Old 2010-09-24, 20:10   Link #377
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Sorry it took me so long to get to these. I've had a hectic week... OF BAKING A BONTA-KUN CAKE!!! *ahem* It's still not complete because it's my first time doing so much work, but when it's done, I'll share pictures. ^_^

Spoiler for Summer Cold:

Spoiler for Vacation:

Sorry I missed this question before. ^^; Actually, in the pictures with the colors, the background IS still white. (I grab the color to make sure I'm going to paint it right to get rid of the text, and the hex was FFFFFF which is solid white). I just grabbed the darker parts of the colors and when I blurred the bottom layer for the text, I made it that dark color, rather then hex #545454 like I do on the B&W pictures.

As for the fonts, I used 4 different ones over-all.

The standard font I used is "Anime Ace 2.0 BB"

In the above comics, look at the vacation page 2. "Wh-What's the matter, did something happen!?" is in "Comic Book Commando Bold Italic" and "Should've guessed he wasn't..." is in "Comic Book Commando Italic" The leading on Comic Book Commando is kinda messed up since it's a small font and photoshop automatically gives it a larger leading to compensate for it, thinking the letters would be on top of each other. So, in pretty much every single spot where I use those fonts, I decreased the leading. (Leading, with the 'lead' pronounced like the metal not the verb, is the space between lines of text)

Revisiting "Only You" page 2:

The "WH-" is the font "SF Slapstick Comic" with the leading adjusted to be larger, making the letter lower, on the H and smaller so that it's higher on the -, and I added a stroke on the blending options to outline the character. (Also, the follow up in that bubble, the "No way!" is back to Comic Book Commando Bold Italic, everything else on that page is Anime Ace.)

I can't remember if I adjusted the kerning anywhere... I may have done it on some ellipses, but I can't recall. (Kerning is the space between characters, ellipses are "...")

I believe I got all of my fonts from DaFont, if anyone's looking. ^^
Great job Fiesty! We got a nice collection of Colca translations ^.^...
So comic commando huh? Am so downloading it ^^..i love it!
You sound like a pro with all those editing techniques lol...
Its an awesome skill! Ya got SKILLZ girl XD...Lol

OMGOSH i gotta see that bontakun cake fiesty! Why ya make it?! birthday? ^-^!!
Old 2010-09-24, 21:22   Link #378
FeistyDreams

Well, typesetting and any kind of photo manip. is new to me and I've been steadily learning more and more, but the typography stuff in general I know from my desktop publishing days. ^_^ My family used to own a printing company, and I grew up using Adobe Pagemaker, Quark Xpress, and Freehand. Didn't use anything but Pagemaker for writing reports and the likes until about 7th grade when they shoved Word down our throats. XD Had a graphic design class the next year and I was teaching the teacher how to use Pagemaker, hahah.

The cake is... just 'cause. There's no event, Mika Kuruyame and I just wanted to make it. We'd been planning it for awhile and finally decided to do it. It should be done tomorrow. ^__^
Old 2010-09-26, 12:19   Link #379
FeistyDreams

This comic is just so cuuuute~~ Uwaaahhhh~ The SBM section of the FMP Finale Grats site is open now~ So prettyyyy~~~ ^___^ So happyyyy~~~ For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's a great site~ A collection of artists and writers joining together and making fanart, fancomics, and fanfiction for all of the FMP novels in celebration of it coming to its end.

Edited to add: For anyone who has any trouble figuring it out, on the bottom of the comics on that page are a link saying 次へ, that means next, so you'll get to the following pages by clicking that. ^_^
Old 2010-09-26, 13:25   Link #380
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
This comic is just so cuuuute~~ Uwaaahhhh~ The SBM section of the FMP Finale Grats site is open now~ So prettyyyy~~~ ^___^ So happyyyy~~~ For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's a great site~ A collection of artists and writers joining together and making fanart, fancomics, and fanfiction for all of the FMP novels in celebration of it coming to its end.

Edited to add: For anyone who has any trouble figuring it out, on the bottom of the comics on that page are a link saying 次へ, that means next, so you'll get to the following pages by clicking that. ^_^
Fiesty your so meeaaan! what does that comic saaayy *dies*
It looks like a collection of flashbacks?

and yeah i been checking that site once a week! OMG that one of Sousuke at the end...hurts my heart!

Tags
images