duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 06:01   Link #342
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
New Magi CM aired! Mor!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
*dies*

Duckroll hype @ maximum, lets go!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 07:07   Link #343
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

It's up on youtube now
Old 2012-09-03, 05:33   Link #344
demino_hellsin
That one guy

When I first read this manga, I got this lighthearted slice of life in the dark ages sort of vibe.

Watching the trailers, it's serious apocalyptic save the world stuff now. I'm on the fence whether I'm happy about this or not.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 07:15   Link #345
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
When I first read this manga, I got this lighthearted slice of life in the dark ages sort of vibe.

Watching the trailers, it's serious apocalyptic save the world stuff now. I'm on the fence whether I'm happy about this or not.
Trust me it's nowhere near that depressing. I'd say it's more around the field of FMA in an Arabian Nights setting(actually that may not be much better...)
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 09:34   Link #346
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Finally got a round to read a few chapters and I must say, Magi has the potential for something incredibly awesome and epic. The characters are surprisingly likable and MORGIANA is love!!! It doesn't hurt that the character designs are also surprisingly likable (The mangaka did make Sumomomomomomo)
Old 2012-09-04, 07:25   Link #347
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Any idea what arcs the anime would cover?
Old 2012-09-04, 07:53   Link #348
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Any idea what arcs the anime would cover?
The producers confirmed that for the TV series the main focus will be on Balbaad.
Old 2012-09-04, 08:01   Link #349
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I'm hoping A-1 didn't just put filler story (slash) ending just like what they did to Ao no Exorcist
Old 2012-09-04, 08:08   Link #350
Jetzero Infinity

As to my knowledge nothing based off an ongoing manga has gotten a second season in that timeslot(correct me if I'm wrong) I'm assuming it probably will be an original ending. It'll be either 26 episodes with them rushing to Balbadd or 50-52 with Balbadd taking up two cours.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 08:20   Link #351
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
As to my knowledge nothing based off an ongoing manga has gotten a second season in that timeslot(correct me if I'm wrong) I'm assuming it probably will be an original ending. It'll be either 26 episodes with them rushing to Balbadd or 50-52 with Balbadd taking up two cours.
I hope it's the last choice, otherwise it makes its fans angry.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 08:41   Link #352
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If it would be a short series I would've been fine with them just ending it at Aladdin's meeting with Ren's sister. Forgot where that was, it was just after finishing the first dungeon. But that would mean Mor isn't free yet.

Decisions, decisions...
Old 2012-09-04, 08:41   Link #353
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
The Nichigo time slot hasn't been around for that long for there to be a "pattern" on adaptation though. There isn't even a regular pattern as to how long a show on that slot will run for. So far the only manga adaptations on the slot are FMA:B and Blue Exorcist. FMA:B was a full adaptation taking 5-cours, while Blue Exorcist has an original ending at 2-cours.

If you compare this with the previous Doroku time slot, there were also two adaptations on it - FMA and Towards the Terra. FMA was a 4-cour adaptation with an original ending and a subsequent original movie conclusion, while Terra is a 2-cour full adaptation. Again there's nothing that forms a particular pattern.

For non-manga shows, both time slots supported sequels. SEED -> SEED-D (with FMA inbetween), and Gundam 00 was on Doroku, with Gundam 00 Second Season on Nichigo. Between the two Gundam 00 seasons was Code Geass R2, a second season to a show previously on at late night slot.

So I would say there's no pattern with regards to what the time slot "permits" but rather it entirely depends on how Aniplex and A-1 Pictures wants to adapt Magi. If they want to do Balbaad as one season first, and then come back a year or two later with another season for the next arc, the time slot does support that.
Old 2012-09-05, 07:02   Link #354
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Oh god if Magi gets 4-cours, I can die happy. I mean if all the cards are played correctly and the Balbadd arc is translated into Anime form smoothly then we're seeing the next FMA here. Though of course 2-cour wouldn't be bad either and can be just as good. Whatever happens, I'm just really pumped for this.
Old 2012-09-05, 18:28   Link #355
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Which chapters of the manga would you consider to be the Balbadd arc?
Old 2012-09-05, 19:32   Link #356
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Balbadd is a really big arc as is. I'm pretty sure you'll need like 24-26 episodes to cover all of that. Especially if you stretch out some episodes and put filler in it. Can't wait for October to come. Pretty awesome shows await us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
Which chapters of the manga would you consider to be the Balbadd arc?
http://magi.wikia.com/wiki/Balbadd_Arc
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 04:19   Link #357
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Ugooooo:

Images
Old 2012-09-06, 04:24   Link #358
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I really hate the whaleteeth. Really, I absolutely despise them.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 04:27   Link #359
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It lends the characters a more cartoony feel I guess...

I'm sad that they'll probably mess around with the story so that the three of them meet up real quick after their repeated separations. I think those times they go their own ways and meet up again is one of the charms of the story.
Old 2012-09-06, 07:59   Link #360
duckroll
綺羅星★!

There is a rather detailed set of Magi interviews with the staff in PASH this month. Here are some of the more interesting things they mentioned with regards to the anime adaptation. I'm going to put a spoiler wall up, because some of the comments do touch of manga material and stuff new viewers might not want to know before hand.

Spoiler:

These points seem to suggest to me that at least half or more of the series will cover Balbadd, which clearly should be the case because it's a long arc. It sounds like they're cutting down the first 5 chapters or so to 2 episodes, but if they proceed from there, there still might not be enough episodes in 2-cours to do a full adaptation. I'm starting to think it's possible this could either be a 3-cour adaptation (15-16 episodes for the first two arcs, then 23-24 episodes for Balbadd), or they could be adding an anime-only original arc before Balbadd to make it 4-cour.

Either way, they do seem to be taking the author's approval into consideration, and it seems they want to make a relatively faithful adaptation, but with new stuff which doesn't mess with the overall story.

Edit: And here are more designs for the anime:

Images

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen