AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2014-08-14, 14:25   Link #361
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
It's an idea with potential, but my consideration would be that the Incubators vastly, vastly, VASTLY outclass humanity in technological potential, and they directly control our access to magic.

The most realistic scenario is that humanity advances to a technological singularity and greets the Incubators as equals....then destroys them. Violently.
Old 2014-08-14, 20:29   Link #362
silvercover
Romance Expert

not to mention that they only allow certain humans to see them aka potential magical girls.

indeed, you'd need to get to really far off into the future where humanity has advanced so much in technology that they can detect the kyubeys... by then though, our main girls would be dead and its debatable how much damage the earth may suffer from all the witches and magical girls that will happen for the time being.

alternatively, you have some magical girl make a wish to make the kyubeys visible to all humans(or have madoka/homura do it through their own powers).

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 20:46   Link #363
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
not to mention that they only allow certain humans to see them aka potential magical girls.

indeed, you'd need to get to really far off into the future where humanity has advanced so much in technology that they can detect the kyubeys... by then though, our main girls would be dead and its debatable how much damage the earth may suffer from all the witches and magical girls that will happen for the time being.

alternatively, you have some magical girl make a wish to make the kyubeys visible to all humans(or have madoka/homura do it through their own powers).
Well, my idea was that a potential magical girl makes a wish for certain SciFi technologies, which are then downloaded into her brother's head. Fast forward about three months to the time of the end of the series, and a U.S. Navy cruiser, equipped with new experimental weapons and detection systems, detects is and launches a missiles strike on Walpurgisnacht, killing it outright or damaging in enough for one of the Magical Girls to finish it off.

This reveals witches to the wider wold, and the Incubators offer humanity the ultimatum to submit to energy farming or be annihilated. When humanity, or at least parts of it, reject this offer, a plague of Eldrich horrors are unleashed on the world, killing several percent of the population. The Kuybeys proceed to attempt to then destroy/enslave humanity in the most energy-efficient way possible.

From there, a secret organization is formed among resisting nations, utilizing Magic, the SciFi tech, guts, and duct tape to fight the influx of witches, demons, and other things. Basically, its PMMM with hints of X-Com, Gurren Laggan, Evangelion, and a bunch of other things.

Of course, were all probably playig into tzeentch's Kuybey's hand anyway...
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 18:32   Link #364
Heir of the Void

If anyone is interested, here are the links to my story. Please read and comment, Ect.

Google Docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Spacebattles: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...magica.308390/
Old 2014-08-19, 13:03   Link #365
Heir of the Void

If anyone cares, here's chapter 2:

Google Docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Fanfiction.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1062202...ture-of-Shadow
Old 2014-08-28, 20:28   Link #366
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
Oh, you're that Heir of the Void. I've been reading your works since I found your Arpeggio of Blue Steel fic on Fanfic do net. I am quite impressed so far with Creature of Shadow. Really liking how Tomohisa Kaname goes badass and hoping Homura will play a major role in the war on Incubators.

Still, one thing I have to say: I hope your inclusion of that Seraph mech doesn't foreshadow it becoming stupidly OP and the "be all and end all of future warfare" like some mecha become. Really starts to irritate me, IDK, maybe I can't willingly suspend disbelief enough, but in truth, the human body is about the worst design for a vehicle you could think of for most scenarios. Still, in this case, I suspect is is justified by Maria's wish modifying the universe to allow it. Still, I'd like to see more advanced weapons systems for the Creature of Shadow universe, such as fighter jets, tanks, warships etc.

Finally, I hope you don't give up your Gokukoku no Brynhildr fic. I quite like that one as well (Yes, this is the same 119 who commented on SEALs in the Darkness on fanfic.net. Still, I suspect the Arpeggio of Blue Steel and Infinite Stratos fics are dead in the water. Am I correct?
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 20:52   Link #367
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Oh, you're that Heir of the Void. I've been reading your works since I found your Arpeggio of Blue Steel fic on Fanfic do net. I am quite impressed so far with Creature of Shadow. Really liking how Tomohisa Kaname goes badass and hoping Homura will play a major role in the war on Incubators.

Still, one thing I have to say: I hope your inclusion of that Seraph mech doesn't foreshadow it becoming stupidly OP and the "be all and end all of future warfare" like some mecha become. Really starts to irritate me, IDK, maybe I can't willingly suspend disbelief enough, but in truth, the human body is about the worst design for a vehicle you could think of for most scenarios. Still, in this case, I suspect is is justified by Maria's wish modifying the universe to allow it. Still, I'd like to see more advanced weapons systems for the Creature of Shadow universe, such as fighter jets, tanks, warships etc.

Finally, I hope you don't give up your Gokukoku no Brynhildr fic. I quite like that one as well (Yes, this is the same 119 who commented on SEALs in the Darkness on fanfic.net. Still, I suspect the Arpeggio of Blue Steel and Infinite Stratos fics are dead in the water. Am I correct?
Wow, glad to see a familar face around here. Yes, I am that HotV. I'm glad your enjoyig this story so far, as I've put a lot of thought into it. I had fun turing Madoka's Dad into a badass (or something approaching that), and he's had more screen time in two approaches here than into the entire anime. Next chapter, Kamijou (Violin Boy) gets volunteered into the Japanese Naval Infantry, seting him up for his own adventure. Homura will play a major role in this story, despite the fact that she so darn hard to write.

The Seraphim will not be OP, but it will be a powerful weapons system, perhaps moreso than it has any right to be...

Ahem. That bit of ominous muttering aside, the Seraphim will by no means be the be-all end-all of the human war effort. Fighter Jets, tanks, surface warships, helicopters, and other conventional war machines will be the mainstay of the human war effort. I'm familiar with the problems with mecha as practical war systems, but everything that happens happens for a reason, or, if you prefer, the MST3K mantra.

I'm also working on my Gokukoku no Brynhildr fic, and don't plan on giving up on that. My three areas of focus for right now are Creature of Shadow, SEALs in the Darkness, and Void Wings of Freedom. The others, I'm afraid, are on hiatus. And we all know that means dead.

If you could leave a comment on FF.net, that would be great if its not too much trouble, as one of the nuggets of wisdom my Beta has imparted to me, along with the fact the shipping Madoka characters with (male) OCs tends to piss people off, is that this story needs more reviews to be taken seriously.

Thanks for reading.
Old 2014-09-03, 15:50   Link #368
Heir of the Void

Chapter 4 is up, if anyone cares...
Old 2014-09-19, 19:10   Link #369
silvercover
Romance Expert

Chapter 4 of retractions are up.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10564305/1/Refractions

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 08:54   Link #370
zend0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
It's an idea with potential, but my consideration would be that the Incubators vastly, vastly, VASTLY outclass humanity in technological potential, and they directly control our access to magic.

The most realistic scenario is that humanity advances to a technological singularity and greets the Incubators as equals....then destroys them. Violently.
I really doubt that. I don't think there would be much difference between the two at that point. Incubators are a good example of what mankind might be like in a post-humanity scenario like the singularity.
zend0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 10:34   Link #371
DKN117

You know what I might like to see a little in a fic? Let’s try a deliberate counter to that widespread “Perverted Homura” meme by making Homura horribly embarrassed/shy/nervous at the mere mention of sex and "naughty" stuff (a leftover of her original moe-moe personality, perhaps?)
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 15:00   Link #372
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
You know what I might like to see a little in a fic? Let’s try a deliberate counter to that widespread “Perverted Homura” meme by making Homura horribly embarrassed/shy/nervous at the mere mention of sex and "naughty" stuff (a leftover of her original moe-moe personality, perhaps?)
In her devilish form.
Old 2015-06-06, 05:19   Link #373
Psykrya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
In her devilish form.
And is how she is defeated, returning reality to normal.
Psykrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 20:50   Link #374
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Random Madoka Magica crossover inspired by a musing on hated fictional characters.

Specifically Kyubey, I can think of only a few other fictional characters as hated by the fan base, not just anime mind you, fictional. One of the most well known of these is probably Joffrey Baratheon from the TV series Game of Thrones/ Song of Ice and Fire Books, and it's these two that inspired this.

This idea concerns my crack thoughts on what would happen if the two most hated characters described above met, and, naturally, Joffrey, like most humans, would not even notice Kyubey was there, and Kyubey would instead be naturally be drawn to the potential Puella Magi/thermodynamic-exempt despair reactor that is Sansa Stark...

So, this crack crossover that, knowing my record with fics, may never be written was born, if anyone cares. The thing will likely consist of a series of one-shots, each with a different character, including the cast of Game of Thrones, plus at least one OC from the peasant classes.

An Incubator in a New World (Working Title)

Plot synopsis: Kyubey ends up in the world of Game of Thrones, and makes contracts with a number of potential despair powerhouses. Very easy to find in spite of the lower population, given that it is a very bad fictional universe to live in!- rampant poverty, pre-industrial feudal society, oppressed peasant underclass, constant warfare, average life expectancy ~35 etc. The initial "trailer below:"

Note: any errors with regard to astrophysics with regard to planet description are my bad- let me know and I will try to fix them as best I can. This is mostly intended as Incubator technobabble.
Spoiler for Incubator Transmission/Trailer/Potential First chapter:
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-04, 11:43   Link #375
DKN117

Little snippet I came up with. I know it makes little or no sense in canon since A) Magical Girls self-repair their bodies completely, with no scarring, and B) Homura's body is 'reset' every time she rewinds time, but let's just say those aren't the case here:

Spoiler for Scars:

If anyone wants to pick up where this leaves off, expand on it or make it into a proper fic of its own, go right ahead.

Last edited by DKN117; 2016-01-04 at 13:46.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-27, 04:34   Link #376
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Femina Magi Ripley Magica

Watching Alien 3 the Director's Cut, you actually got to see the indominatable Ellen Ripley actually hesitate and consider accepting Bishop 2's offer of having the beast within her removed, and was about to take his hand when he told her "you could have a family; children. You can have a life"

She WANTED to live, to love, hope, dream and be happy, when doing the so called "right" thing will deny her that chance.

She had EVERY right to agree to Bishop's Bargain; the universe owes her at least THAT much for her heroism.... Making her final refusal to do so all the more heartbreakingly noble.

What if, just what if, as the doomed astronaut is about to take that final step, Kyubey appears to offer her life that The Universe and Fate Herselr seems hell-bent to conspire to deny her of?

And what if she MAKES that wish....?
Old 2016-07-29, 13:49   Link #377
McKnight

Cibus Esculentus Madoka Magica

If there's anyone here who can tolerate it, I would like someone to brainstorm some ideas I have regarding a version of the Madokaverse where girls become fat as part of their contracts and fight flesh-eating monsters called Esurientes. If anyone's interested, or at least willing, I'll keep everything either behind a spoiler tag or in PMs.

(And yes, I know I've already got a fic of that sort somewhere out there, but that was something I commissioned for; this is something I'd like to write myself.)
McKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-03, 22:58   Link #378
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Here's a logo I made for the above "Madoka x Alien 3" fanfic.

Old 2020-01-17, 09:37   Link #379
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
I'm considering working on a story where humanity in general discovers the Incubators, and goes to war against them would there be any interest in this idea in general, or anyone willing to help me brainstorm for something like this?
given the current political climate I'd see some governments actually try to ally with the Incubators...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discussion, fanfiction