Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-21, 15:48   Link #241
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
it's about time someone took the murder seriously. The main character was too forgiving about it
That's one of the things that's wonderful about this show. They are not actually human, so they don't act quite human.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon
...Still, I wonder where Akadama fits given the way the camera suddenly panned to him. Could he have been the one that gave the inebriated tanuki to Benten-- all for the sake of seeing her smile?
Seems highly possible to me.

Personally, the character I am really interested in right now is the one we have never quite seen: Kaisei, the Ebisugawa imouto who apparently is/was Yasaburo's fiancee.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 16:45   Link #242
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Personally, the character I am really interested in right now is the one we have never quite seen: Kaisei, the Ebisugawa imouto who apparently is/was Yasaburo's fiancee.
Personally I think Kaisei is meant to stay hidden as a foil to Benten. That way Yasaburo has two different love interests: one who has little presence and quietly supports him from the shadows, and the other who stands out selfishly but is all the more alluring because of it.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 20:12   Link #243
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I personally don't even consider their father's death murder anymore, at least they probably don't either. For me and for the family, it's almost like a circle of life -ish thing for Tanuki and Tengu culture as it is. It's basically a fact of life everyone just has to come to terms with.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 21:16   Link #244
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I wonder how she actually looks like....considering how dumb the Ebisugawa look/are in general...
Old 2013-08-25, 12:58   Link #245
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

No Benten at all this week, and yet that was one of the best episode yet. It was extremely poignant. I particularly loved the final scene. I hope Yajiro will eventually reunite with his family. He needs to forgive himself for what happened. It wasn't his fault, and his father would definitely not blame him. I hope his brothers and his mother can make him understand that.

Next week's ep will finally introduce Kaisei to us. Can't wait.
Old 2013-08-25, 13:19   Link #246
Dop
Mmmm....

That was an absolutely beautiful and moving episode. The final scene was beautifully poignant and I have to admit I was all choked up.

Absolutely masterful.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 14:00   Link #247
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

So predictable. Japaneese otakus have almost no interest in this show judging by preorders.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 14:22   Link #248
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
So predictable. Japaneese otakus have almost no interest in this show judging by preorders.
There's no moe or tits so you know the Japanese are all like 'WHATEVER'
Old 2013-08-25, 15:52   Link #249
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

They'll adapt the whole book so not that I care. I just feel bad for PAW that every time they try to make smth more unusual it ends up with nothing.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 17:26   Link #250
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Episode 8 - *Gives a standing ovation* *wipes a tear* Brilliant. This is probably the best episode of anime that I have watched this year.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 19:20   Link #251
Kirarakim

Episode 8 was quite lovely, I teared up when the older brother started to....

And it's not surprising this series didn't sell well but still disappointing. I am hoping for a license here but not betting on it. Sentai would probably be the most likely choice.
Old 2013-08-25, 19:28   Link #252
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
And judging by the number of posts in this thread compared to other threads, I can say it is not something that happens exclusively in Japan.
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 20:15   Link #253
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Jesus...*wipes a tear* This show....so, so, SO good.

I cried at the end.
Old 2013-08-25, 20:27   Link #254
Qilin
Romanticist

Can I call this the best episode now?

The intimate, down-to-earth family drama in these past two episodes serves as a nice contrast to the thoughtful, contemplative feel from Yasaburo's interactions with the Friday Club. In any case, there's just too much to love from this episode, be it the character revelations or just the images presented. This should at least make clear that Shimogamo Souichirou left the world on his own terms, with a smile on his face.

Now, what's interesting here is how humans are treated as a force of nature which they have little to no control over. Bickering amongst themselves in tanuki society is normal while trying to do so above their own status in the food chain is practically taboo.

Last edited by Qilin; 2013-08-25 at 21:04.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 20:53   Link #255
Key Board
Carbon

this is really twisted..

normally, I really can't see how Yasoburo would even get involved with the Friday Fellows or Benten

but as said, he inherited his father's stupidity
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 21:12   Link #256
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
There's no moe or tits so you know the Japanese are all like 'WHATEVER'
Haha. I'll say Kaisei is already plenty moe for me, though. Also, regarding the sales, I'm not quite sure whats up with the planned releases (there are three listings for volume 1, with an Amazon exclusive Bluray package apparently) but with total preorders at around 2500 at this point that's pretty on par with a lot of other shows I'm following. Though not an explosive success (not that anybody ever expected that, I think) I wouldn't call Uchouten Kazoku a failure.

Regarding the episode, it was indeed very poignant. I also teared up during Yaichirou's moment of anguish in the concluding scene, and the portrayal of the four siblings as level points of Souichirou's personality was pretty neat (if somewhat stretched -- is Yashirou supposed to represent innocence even after he's grown up, then?). On the other hand, I'm definitely ready for some Kaisei or other more current developments to take center stage, as by this point the drama of Souichirou's death feels pretty played out.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 21:16   Link #257
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Yeah, I can't wait to see what Kaisei looks like.
Old 2013-08-25, 21:45   Link #258
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
as by this point the drama of Souichirou's death feels pretty played out.
There are still some unanswered questions about his death. First, how did the Friday Fellows get Souichirou? Yeah, he was drunk, but was he really that drunk?? Second, was Benten involved in his capture? Third, did Benten know that Yasaburo's father was the captured tanuki? Fourth, if Benten did know (and my bet is that she did), how does she feel about eating the father of her friend? I hope we get a little more explanation regarding the circumstances of Souichirou's death.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 21:54   Link #259
Alhazred

I sort of wonder if his capture by the Friday Fellows was somehow part of his plan to 'work things out' for Yajirou and Kaisei, and to prevent his sons from being driven apart because of the engagement. It seems like Kaisei's engagement with Yasaburo was called off because the Shimogamo family fell out of favor with his death.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 22:00   Link #260
sikvod00

^ I wouldn't put it past an idiot like him, but that plan is unnecessarily cruel and inconsiderate.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p.a. works