~Omedetô~

News :

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/107/1078018p1.html

Dragon Age's comics , would you buy ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 08:05   Link #602
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So far I like all th new chars, astill upset about the joining , ander seems to b the mage eqivilant of alisar, the should totally hang out
Old 2010-03-17, 08:58   Link #603
Who

Surprisingly, all my DLC transfered. And yeah, the expansion is sitting well with me thus far. All the characters are well done, except for one who got the short end of the stick at the Joining. :<
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 09:52   Link #604
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oghred made the joining less harsh, I lol'd my ass off *Burb!* "not bad"
Old 2010-03-17, 10:45   Link #605
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

What is Awakening like? Not enough money to get it. Saving it for.. uhh.. other mechandise of a differenf ranchise >xP

So is that mage chick Morgan or not? You know, the irish voice one. :3 lol

What is Anders like, anyways? :/ from him being a 'mage equivelant to Alistair' I have to assume he was raised by a pack of devoted flying dogs. Go figure....
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 13:05   Link #606
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
What is Awakening like? Not enough money to get it. Saving it for.. uhh.. other mechandise of a differenf ranchise >xP

So is that mage chick Morgan or not? You know, the irish voice one. :3 lol

What is Anders like, anyways? :/ from him being a 'mage equivelant to Alistair' I have to assume he was raised by a pack of devoted flying dogs. Go figure....
Awakenings isn't exactly like Origins. It's basically like one of BG's expansions, I forget which one, where your overall goal is upgrade your fortress and ally yourself with certain factions. Decisions have consequences (for instance, I ally myself with some smugglers, then I piss off the city's officials and they won't give or accept quests anymore; the same goes likewise if I ally with the officials). Combat and stuff is still the same, just a hell of a lot more fun with all these insanely overpowered abilities.

Morrigan is not in but she's most likely going to be in the sequel. Chronologically speaking, it's not time for her story to be expanded upon.

And Anders is just plain awesome. He's a snarkier Alistair and a rebel, pretty much. Flying dogs can't handle him.

Edit:

Reason why flying dogs can't handle him is cause he's a cat person. Poor Mr. Wiggums. Long live Ser Pounce-a-Lot.

Last edited by Who; 2010-03-17 at 16:46.
Old 2010-03-17, 13:24   Link #607
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

"Uh,.. I didn't do it?" One of the best lines. I liked milta she is pretty cool, but no morrigan
Old 2010-03-18, 01:49   Link #608
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I was sincerely pissed off when I found out that you couldn't important any DLC content other than Return to Ostagar. I was importing my first playthrough, my human noble which I did before RtO was out and she was naked O.O; sword enchantments and warden commander armour all gone x.X;
Thankfully you can replay your characters if you use the epilogue savefile but not importing it is an ass for those without RtO. I'll be playing Awakening tonight cause yesterday I was too busy getting me some last armour from RtO so I wouldn't have to enter the new storytelling naked..

All Bioware says "you'll find better later on, trust me...." however 1. it is a paid for product the DLC, if it were free it would be very different but they ask money for items and then they take them away like *snap* cause they put it int he faq 2. it isn't very charming or rp-ish to suddenly enter a story all nude and naked
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 03:11   Link #609
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I was sincerely pissed off when I found out that you couldn't important any DLC content other than Return to Ostagar. I was importing my first playthrough, my human noble which I did before RtO was out and she was naked O.O; sword enchantments and warden commander armour all gone x.X;
Thankfully you can replay your characters if you use the epilogue savefile but not importing it is an ass for those without RtO. I'll be playing Awakening tonight cause yesterday I was too busy getting me some last armour from RtO so I wouldn't have to enter the new storytelling naked..

All Bioware says "you'll find better later on, trust me...." however 1. it is a paid for product the DLC, if it were free it would be very different but they ask money for items and then they take them away like *snap* cause they put it int he faq 2. it isn't very charming or rp-ish to suddenly enter a story all nude and naked
Improved Atmosphere (mod) somehow allows Warden's Keep items to go through, according to people.
So far, most people also found that Stone Prisoner items (Helm of Honnleath, Harvest Festival Ring; etc all imported, but obviously no Shale).

Oh, and don't use any mods which alter places, like Pocket Plane (for PC users, obviously). They will screw up the beginning of the game majorly.
Also, you might want to switch your items when you're about to enter the Silverite Mines (it's a spoiler but it's due to a programming bug). Equip some useless items and store your stuff back at VK or your inventory as the bug prevents you from getting your equipment back (it gets taken off due to story reasons)
Old 2010-03-18, 05:09   Link #610
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Improved Atmosphere's override version of its "Proper Gold Material Name" module causes the new achievements to display oddly. Not sure why. The "Bodies Stay" module will cause certain quests to not leave your active quests tab for the completed quests tab even though you've completed them.

You may also look into this for some DLC importing. I must warn you that creating an Orlesian Warden will cause him or her to have the Blood Dragon Plate with no way of getting the other pieces of the set if you use that.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 22:54   Link #611
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I was gonna play Awakenings first day, but like other people, having my DLC items not carry over was a big bummer. No way in hell I'm playing Awakening without my beloved Amulet of the War Mage.

So yeah, I'm gonna wait for an official patch; not like I have a shortage of games to play anyway, since there's like 9 or 10 RPGs released in March alone.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 10:50   Link #612
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So yeah, I'm gonna wait for an official patch;
Not going to happen, I'm afraid. Just get an unofficial patch, it'll work fine.
Old 2010-03-20, 01:57   Link #613
Who

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C73MO...eature=related

Epic.
Old 2010-03-20, 09:55   Link #614
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
omg dude that was pure win XDDDD

to bad his entil is retarded and they didnt tell him that he actually mentiosn their relationship in Awakening.

EDIT: and wouldnt you know it,after beating Awakening with my Human noble male, it mentions him setting off on another adventure to look "For the black haired sorcerous who helped him defeat the archdemon"

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2010-03-21 at 03:21.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 06:12   Link #615
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Here is something odd, I recruited lastly of all people Sigrun and did the underground city quest
I had completed all others already and this was the last one in the line before moving on with the main quest line
Now I have her companion quest to change her into a warden, well ladie da sound easy enough but the guy I am supposed to talk to only gives me the option to move on and gather the army, go to war bla...
So will there be a chance to make her a full fleshed warden and do her companion quest?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 08:12   Link #616
Tokkan

You can make them all wardens the very moment you acquire them.
Old 2010-03-21, 18:43   Link #617
Tiberium Wolf

I started a new char as a mage and it was hard having no tank at start.

Right now I am at Mother's and shit... her tentacles kill mages way too fast.
Old 2010-03-22, 09:42   Link #618
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Try Arcane Warrior / Massive fatigue in exchange for incredible defense. Broodmother isn't that hard if you have a Bard-ized Leliana singin' tunes and a tank (Alistair/Oghren/Sten) that can take damage and give it back several times more.

You: STAY away from the broodmother, if some tentacles are grouped up, use a AoE spell (like cone of ice, for example.) the same goes for gemlocks and other darkspawn groupies. Your primary focus should be healer / have people use potions on themselves when they fall under a certain amount of health (25% is too risky if they are engaging broodmother, but it does go offense 4 safety.)

I had Leliana incapacitate the gemlocks with her beautiful frenchy singing voice I had Oghren cranking the notch on 'Damage dealer'. Equipping them with the best stuff avaliable at that moment is best option. If you found any Legion of the Dead armor, give that to the tank! Any light/medium armor? Leliana! Found a fancy new staff? You!... examples, of course.

Broodmother's puke/vomit/bile knocks down anyone near her. That's why you should keep distance, because it leaves you open to pounding. Go up on the right ramp, have everyone hold their position, and cast spells on her while your buds fight off the darkspawns trying to get to you. Also, you may have to deal with the long-range ones/spell casters as your group will be 'holding position' and not being 'OMFG darkspawn! Must poke with sharp end of sword!'

I recommend Leliana because if you have branched out her bard skills, along with some of her archery, she is one big thorn in the enemies side the whole fight. Tank should do what Tank does best... x3

Hope that helps.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 11:15   Link #619
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

just wait until "Awakenings" broodmother
Old 2010-03-22, 14:00   Link #620
Velsy

I still deciding if I should ge awakenings or not

But I seen the character video of Natheniel Howe and I wanted to execute him on the spot. Two of my characters are Human noble............ So theres pretty good reason O_o

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360