AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 21:04   Link #701
ditto526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Yuuno is needed for far more than that. In the first series, he's the one who breaks the rules and prods Nanoha into saving Fate, teleporting her off the bridge. In A's, he holds off Vita so Nanoha can fire her Starlight Breaker, and would have been able to teleport everyone to safety if Arf had been able to break the barrier. He then shielded everyone in the second fight (along with Arf) against the lightning attack Shamal unleashed from the book. And then, not to mention, it was his search spells and research that dug up information about the book, enabling Nanoha to ultimately free both Hayate and Fate from it.

I think people really underestimate, sometimes, how much of an important role he plays. The same goes for any character. You take one piece out of the puzzle, no matter how minor you think it is, and the whole thing can begin to unravel.

Granted, it's obvious they are rewriting A's, and it will remain to be seen exactly how that plays out. But Yuuno played a big part in the first series and movie, and played a decent part in A's. Stuff that they will have to address somehow, if they plan to really minimize him. I'm already wondering exactly how they plan to handle the first fight with the Wolkenritter, if he won't be fighting. Who will be holding Vita off?
How about we agree to disagree, while this has been fun, we won't know anything until July, you may be correct, i may be correct, it has yet to be seen,
so how about we pick this up in July?
ditto526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 21:08   Link #702
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
The guessing goes up even higher.

And Signum is not really that bad xD.
Old 2012-05-02, 21:32   Link #703
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Waaaaiiiit a sec, if Graham's not part of the story, then who fired the Arc on Clyde's ship?
It could just be another random shipmaster in the same strike group, especially since it looks like the "I was responsible for killing Clyde and now want to make up for it at all costs" aspect is being left out.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 01:01   Link #704
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Or probably was Gil Graham himself, except he felt the loss of Clyde so hard he retired from the TSAB after that incident.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 01:06   Link #705
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

There's also the fact that we're assuming Graham won't be part of the plot. So far the only ones confirmed to be absent are the Lieze Twins, Graham could still be behind everything but this time being less directly involved.

Here's a respected and admired high-ranked official so there's lots of ways and/or people he can use to achieve his goals.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 04:31   Link #706
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I think people really underestimate, sometimes, how much of an important role he plays. The same goes for any character. You take one piece out of the puzzle, no matter how minor you think it is, and the whole thing can begin to unravel.
Rewriting a story and removing characters is actually very easy. It just depends on how much of the original plot you want to leave intact. I can remove Fate from S1 and replace her with Arf, for example. Yeah, the original plot goes boom, but the overall story on Nanoha's side (gathering jewel seeds and saving someone) would still work, just in a very different way.

So yeah, while I agree with ditto that it's possible to write Yuuno out of A's, I will add that this is possible for any character. It just depends on how much of the original story you want to leave intact. Being able to write them out doesn't really signify their importance.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 04:37   Link #707
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Fortunately, there's no reason whatsoever to not keep Yuuno's scenes especially in the first fight. It doesn't even take much time for Yuno to come in and go "Sup want some healing while I ignore Vita's attempts to kill me?" And I surely hope they won't throw people out for yuri subtext because that would just be lame.

Also the Wolkies were holding back in A's. If they were somehow more ruthless or desperate then you'd see a bigger need for everyone to be involved and you can change stuff around to compress it too. We don't need to see multiple engagement between the dueling pairs anyways.

Graham's role in the story I was never too satisfied with, though on the other hand I didn't need it either to enjoy A's. Retooling that part isn't a bad idea and might just give a device for Chrono's development if they want to go over it in depth.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 04:41   Link #708
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I wouldn't mind some more personal development on Chrono and Lindy's part either. I mean, this book is the reason their family was torn apart, yet A's just... pretty much glossed over that.
Old 2012-05-03, 04:58   Link #709
Elle_White

Agreed. I mentioned somewhere before that it does seem odd that Lindy didn't have more emotional investment in the BoD case in the original series. The book tore her family apart once. Thankfully, the trailers are indicating that issue will be addressed in the movie. It looks like part of the movie will on the Harlaown family dealing with the BoD coming back into their lives, while Fate and Arf are joining the family. And I'm really excited to see how it plays out!
Elle_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 05:32   Link #710
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I wouldn't mind some more personal development on Chrono and Lindy's part either. I mean, this book is the reason their family was torn apart, yet A's just... pretty much glossed over that.
The flashback in A's episode 10 was a wonderful hook to more interesting things but they only managed to capture the point about Grahmn's guilt over the incident. It could have been a vital episode for Chrono, and I feel if that opportunity was taken, we'd see more of him in later series. If the 1st movie would go back to fill in details about Fate's past, it's not unfair to have the 2nd movie do it with this element of the plot which could allow for a more tense confrontation between say, Chrono and Grahmn for something even more personal-- mentor vs student, in A's case it was split between the twins and him.This can really be setup just by saving a few minutes to go more into Chrono's dad, maybe even a flashback of him with his family and Grahmn... and to show it was all torn apart.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 06:03   Link #711
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And we do have a precedent too. The first movie focused far more on Precia and the events surrounding her and Alicia than the entirety of S1. It's not impossible that the A's movie will do something similar.
Old 2012-05-03, 07:09   Link #712
Elle_White

That's true.

I think it looks like Fate will be closer to the Harloawn family at the beginning of the movie than she was at the beginning of the series. I mean, it looks like they're having a family photo taken near the beginning of the movie. Fate's wearing the same she reunites with Nanoha in that shot. So I think they way Fate becomes part of the Harloawn family will change a bit.

At the end of the 1st movie, Lindy became Fate's legal guardian, and that didn't happen in the original series. And in the sound stage where Lindy offered to adopt Fate, mentioned that they hadn't had a chance to talk since the incident. That would've been awkward for both of them. But since Lindy became Fate's legal guardian in the movie, she would've been spending more time with her. And Fate was probably spending even more time with Chrono and Amy as a result. So it would make sense she she'd feel a little more integrated into the family from the time between the ending of the first movie and the beginning of the second. Didn't take six months for Fate's trial to be over in the original? It's still not that long, but long enough to feel a closer connection to the family if they've been spending lots of time with her.
Old 2012-05-03, 07:18   Link #713
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

While I am hesitant to give Fate yet more screentime, I do admit that a couple of scenes of her adjusting to having an actual functional family is something A's pretty much skipped out on.

I don't think this means she'd have more involvement in the whole Harlaown/book of darkness dilemma though. Fate never knew Clyde, after all.
Old 2012-05-03, 07:30   Link #714
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Considering that instead of Fate having a Big Damn Heroes moment to Nanoha the trailers showed them meeting before the attack, there are little chances that the fight will go the same way.
Well, I will say that, according to the trailers, Nanoha's fight with Vita seems to go pretty much the same way. Except for the flashier combat moves. Kinda like the first movie.

Edit: I'm not saying they can't write him out, and rewrite the plot however they want. All I said was that he was important in S1, A's, and the 1st movie. Hell, you could write every character out except Hayate and the Wolkenritter, and have Hayate save herself if you wanted. I'll leave the contemplation of movie quality in that case, as an exercise to the reader.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 07:48   Link #715
Elle_White

Fate will pretty much have to get scenes where she's adjusting to her new family. It was set up more in this film with Lindy becoming her guardian, and there's hints of it in the trailer. According to Nana Mizuki, Fate will be troubled by worries in the movie. And I think they'll mainly be about her new family and their concerns about the BoD. I think her side of the story will partly be about her adoptive family. Because of the 'little sister' scene in the first movie, and the fact she seems closer to the Harlaown family, I don't think Fate will have the Lotus Eater dream in this movie. And I'm happy with that. We did get some development for Fate and Lindy's relationship in A's, but I don't think it was touched on enough. Fate needed more focus on that for her arc. I think the major part of Fate's storyline will mostly tie in with her relationship to the Harlaown's. It make sense with what we've scene and how things played out in the last movie.

Fate and the Harlaown's story will be creating a new family. The last incident tore the family apart, but they're going to build on their family this time around. It fits perfectly with the way the plot and themes were built up in the last movie. And everything we've seen so far suggests that will happen. The movie will primarily be about the Harlaown and Yagami families. It will be awesome and I can't wait to see it!

Last edited by Elle_White; 2012-05-03 at 19:14.
Old 2012-05-03, 07:55   Link #716
Elle_White

Another thing I'm looking forward to in the movie, is Hayate playing a bigger role in the incident. It will be interesting to see exactly how that plays out.
Old 2012-05-03, 10:38   Link #717
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Well, I will say that, according to the trailers, Nanoha's fight with Vita seems to go pretty much the same way. Except for the flashier combat moves. Kinda like the first movie.
But since Fate is already planetside, she would be able to respond earlier. And since Yuuno haven't been confirmed to be planetside, she might hog all the glory this time.

*shrugs*Just saying you might not want to hope too much about Yuuno getting any role. The wind doesn't seem to blow that way.
Old 2012-05-03, 15:08   Link #718
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

All I hope is that they don't take the big damn heroes moment away from Fate. The scene at the end of the first season/movie were portrayed the same way...In that Fate said she would be there to save Nanoha the next time she's in trouble, and unless Tsuzuki wasn't thinking logically (Admittedly, that's not unusual for him...) I don't see how the scene could be ignored.
Old 2012-05-03, 15:13   Link #719
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ Agreed, that scene was our first impression of the new Fate after overcoming the events of Season One and was very impressive to see her coming out of all that crap as a total BADASS who engaged and nearly defeated Vita on her debut fight. I'll really miss that scene if Tsuzuki decides to modify it.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 15:23   Link #720
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
If they are still leaving the big damn heroes in there, it's not going to be as good as before since we know Fate is already on Earth. And that it's no longer a reunion.
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote