Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-01, 10:38   Link #1321
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The fact is the only reason I can tank dragon breath was because I spent THREE DAYS making the equipment.

You just told me you want the magic resistance turned off.

So I want only the same sacrifice for you; have physical arrnour turned off. If I am not allowed to earn the right to tank dragon breath, then you don't get the right to survive a single hit from a claw swing of a dragon. You can evade right? Then why do you wear armour?

Magic Resistance IS armour. It's just a different type of armour. You keep your armour, I keep my resistance.

Keep in mind that I don't know why I am being so hostile towards you. It must be RL stress. None the less my point stands. Dragon breath is as dangerous as it is suppose to be, it is only weakened if we equip ourselves accordingly. To demand that I lose my right to HAVE magic resistance is, IMO, something a Thalmor would come up with.
I had no magic resistance save for my Breton racial, and I still didn't care if a dragon breathed fire in my face. Magic resistance clearly is not the main issue here.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 12:04   Link #1322
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Talking about jumping, after 140 hours, I just jumped my way up to the peak of the Throat of the World. Have been looking forward to climbing the mountain by jumping and not the steps, I love climbing mountains in this game lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 12:06   Link #1323
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Speaking of Thalmor am i the only one who would have married the Thalmor ambassador if he could ?

PS: here is a funny video i found on another site: http://www.gamespot.com/the-elder-sc...Bounce=6346708
Old 2011-12-01, 12:50   Link #1324
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Speaking of Thalmor am i the only one who would have married the Thalmor ambassador if he could ?
Wait, you can do that? How?
Old 2011-12-01, 13:41   Link #1325
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
No, but I did start a racial genocide against the Thalmor... >: )
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 15:36   Link #1326
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Wait, you can do that? How?
Well you can marry NPC's but not all of them, the Thalmor ambassador is unfortunately one of those you can't.
Old 2011-12-01, 15:47   Link #1327
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well you can block the auto update , just right click on the game on steam , properties then check the update & choose -don't auto update.-
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 17:01   Link #1328
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I had no magic resistance save for my Breton racial, and I still didn't care if a dragon breathed fire in my face. Magic resistance clearly is not the main issue here.
Dragon's breathe is ENTIRELY magic based. You are tanky because you probably went for 50/50 HP and Stamina playing as melee character + that 25% Magic resistance. If you raise that difficulty option to master, ancestral dragon breathe WILL OHKO you unless you do this:

Magic Resist caps at 85%.
Breton - 25%
Lord's Stone - 25% + block 50 damage:
Agent Of Mara: 15% - Quest starts in the Temple of Mara at Riften
Magic Resistance X 3 in the Alteration Tree: 30%
Enchant a Ring, Jewelry or Shield: 23% Each max

Before I had any magic resistance playing as a mage with 100 HP, Ancestral dragon breathe basically made the game unplayable at Adept difficulty.

I agree the game is not balance, but it can be as hard as you want it to be.
Old 2011-12-01, 17:06   Link #1329
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Well you can marry NPC's but not all of them, the Thalmor ambassador is unfortunately one of those you can't.
You can use a console command to make any npc eligible for marriage.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 17:36   Link #1330
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Well you can block the auto update , just right click on the game on steam , properties then check the update & choose -don't auto update.-
Except as soon as you run the game the update starts in the background. You need to turn Steam to offline mode to work properly. Been like that for years.
Old 2011-12-01, 17:40   Link #1331
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
I'm planning to get a PS3 on my brother's recommendation to pl- worship this game, is it worth it?
No. While the PC version is basically like a console port, interface-wise, this is not a game you should play on a console. The reason is access to the console (oh, the irony, shoot me now... ok, we're talking about the in-game console of course), and access to unofficial mods (some of which will be very much necessary to fix the multitude of bugs and glitches).
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 17:42   Link #1332
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
I'm planning to get a PS3 on my brother's recommendation to pl- worship this game, is it worth it?
...by all means get a PS3 to play Demon's/Dark Souls, Red Dead Redemption, etc..
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 17:57   Link #1333
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Dragon's breathe is ENTIRELY magic based. You are tanky because you probably went for 50/50 HP and Stamina playing as melee character + that 25% Magic resistance. If you raise that difficulty option to master, ancestral dragon breathe WILL OHKO you unless you do this:.
<-- Mage with about 50/50 HP/magicka (started stuffing points into HP once I reduced illusion and destruction mana cost to zero). Dragon breath barely knocked a quarter health off pre-patch, if even that.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 19:15   Link #1334
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
No, but I did start a racial genocide against the Thalmor... >: )
That's understandable....considering how arrogant and racist those elves are.
Hopefully in DLC or Expansions, we're going to war with them...and win!
Old 2011-12-01, 19:51   Link #1335
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
<-- Mage with about 50/50 HP/magicka (started stuffing points into HP once I reduced illusion and destruction mana cost to zero). Dragon breath barely knocked a quarter health off pre-patch, if even that.
What type of dragon are you fighting?
What difficulty are you on?

I have 85% magic resist+Lord's Stones 50 damage reduction and 500(Base HP)+74(Enchantments) with 2500+ Armor(A glitch involving having Falmer's Helmet and Circlet to give 37+ Enchanting). Ancestral Dragon on master difficulty still does more than a quarter HP to me with his breathe. I don't know what kind of dragon you are fighting, but that is seriously some weaksauce. I am not trying to refute the fact that the game is unbalance, but Skyrim is really just as hard as you make it out to be. If you want a challenge, play on Master difficulty and don't use enchanting/smithing. Comparatively, an Ancestral dragon equal 4/5 giants. Also given that they can fly and you can't kite them/dodge Msterpsakr, I would say that they are quite balanced. Everything below Elder dragon is just weak cause they are made to match your level.
Old 2011-12-01, 20:51   Link #1336
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That IS the case in the game. What happens is that we spent a large chunk of our time making suits of magical armour that keeps us alive, and gather blessing from Mara in order to protect ourselves. And after all the hard work, we don't have to duck anymore.

Currently dragon breath is dangerous because patch 1.2 removed all magic defence.

But why stop there? If you like it like that, why not remove all armour defence while you are at it? Then everyone would die from a single dragon bite, just as it should be.

I know I am being mean here, but I can't help it. You are telling me that you want magic to instantly kill me. So I ask you if you would like it if a dragon's normal physical attack should instantly cut you in half, by turning off all your armour.

Is it realistic? Sure. Would you play it? You tell me.
This debate has made me want to play Dark Souls again.

Man, that game knows how to design a challenge that makes playing Skyrim feel like I'm in a kindergarten playground...
Old 2011-12-01, 21:36   Link #1337
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post

Man, that game knows how to design a challenge that makes playing Skyrim feel like I'm in a kindergarten playground...
Frankly, I *like* games that make you suffer consequences ... like thinking you can take on a dragon. My young level mage would rather run and hide in fear... maybe later when she can obliterate matter in large quantities?
Old 2011-12-01, 22:44   Link #1338
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post

People who just want a challenge really shouldn't play sandbox games. The whole point of sandbox is that things get easier as you get more successful. Play a no-perks run if that's what you really want. Skyrim could have been much harder; but if it caters to people like you then we end up with Oblivion level scaling. There are other games made for challenges. The rest of us got an RPG to play.

About the game... I just dealt with Makarth I decided to kill both sides. One side is violent, the other side is corrupt.
Old 2011-12-01, 22:48   Link #1339
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
"Ancient Dragons are way too cheap. It's not even funny, all his moves deal over 9000 damage and you can't avoid 'em for crap, because he's always breathing at you. His bites are way too cheap and he uses them everytime against you, you cant even escape that shit...

You can't fight him upclose, because he'll grab you and deal damage equal to that of a 5000FT fall. And dont even think about shooting him, he'll just fly in and kick your ass. That move where he bites you off is invicible, and way too fuckin cheap, and he spams it, whenever you're close. You can't even avoid, he always grab you and takes all off your life bar, in one hit.

Also, he has way too much fuckin health. It takes life 5 million hits just to kill him. If you try to kill him with projectlies, he'll just use his Fire/Ice breath to blow you out. It is complete bullshit, you're not even safe in the mountains because he can just to fly to you.

Ancient Dragons are so cheap that you cannot defeat them with any character, they are way too hard to beat. They do way too much damage and resists everthing and are way too fast..."

General thoughts about the new patch ^
Old 2011-12-01, 22:53   Link #1340
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
You can use a console command to make any npc eligible for marriage.
Speaking of wich....

My friend is currently having a very similar problem to the one I had before, where he is unable to finish a quest after doing everything that had to be done. The quest in question is Trouble in Skyrim. I tried looking for a similar console fix that would close the quest, but all I find is a list of commands telling me to input player.setstage + the id number of the quest. So far, I have failed to understand this and the command line always displays an error.

More confusing is the console fix that did worked for me:

player.setstage FreeformRiftenThane 200

I simply cannot understand from where the "Freeform" bit came from and would be mighty grateful if someone could tell me what exactly it is that I am doing wrong and how the command should be writen.

And I already have the id of the quest, btw.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim