AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-20, 01:17   Link #2421
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author

Location: Shady spaces and dark places, where animals fear to tread. . .
I beleive the Byakugan can only track chakra flow in relation throughout the body. The Sharingan gets a general sense of chakra flow throughout the body, but also in relation to the surrounding area, allowing the sharingan user to track movement. The Byakugan is specialized, but the Sharingan is much more generalized.

Spoiler for Manga:

So, I'm all for the Sharingan.
Sharfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 09:51   Link #2422
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neji112 View Post
I was re-reading chapter 230 with Sasuke vs. Naruto. When Sasuke activates his 3rd Tomoe and gains/heightens the ability to predict movements it's chakra based. He says that he can see the chakra as it enters Naruto's body creating an image of sort allowing him to predict Naruto's movement.

In theory if that's the case wouldn't the Byakugan be able to do something similar. It can see the flow of chakra and the gentle fist alone would require you to track charka within a moving body pretty accurately.
Well there have been arguments on an earlier chapter when it talks about the byakugan's perception. People still argue this point too if what was said had a little more meaning. Although, I doubt it would be the same thing if it were the case. Besides the byakugan can already see all around, which means it can see everything so being able to predict movements like the sharingan is kind of pointless not to mention it can see attacks coming from a distance so again it has no reason to have that extra predictability, but than again if it had a differnt kind of perception I think that would be cool

Last edited by tkdtiger; 2010-06-23 at 10:38.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 08:57   Link #2423
Rurik
Golden

Regarding Zabusa technique, as Hunter mentioned, it was that the Mist was so tick, that the visibility was basically brought down to 0, at this point neither Zabuza nor Kakashi could see anything at all, Zabuza had the advantage given he was specialize in killing trough this condition..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Well there have been arguments on an earlier chapter when it talks about the byakugan's perception. People still argue this point too if what was said had a little more meaning. Although, I doubt it would be the same thing if it were the case. Besides the byakugan can already see all around, which means it can see everything so being able to predict movements like the sharingan is kind of pointless not to mention it can see attacks coming from a distance so again it has no reason to have that extra predictability, but than again if it had a differnt kind of perception I think that would be cool
That perception or prediction would be dependant totally on the Ninjas abbility and not the eye itself. just like for example any Ninja could deflect a flying shuriken with a Kunai, good reflexes.
Old 2010-06-24, 10:00   Link #2424
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Regarding Zabusa technique, as Hunter mentioned, it was that the Mist was so tick, that the visibility was basically brought down to 0, at this point neither Zabuza nor Kakashi could see anything at all, Zabuza had the advantage given he was specialize in killing trough this condition..

That perception or prediction would be dependant totally on the Ninjas abbility and not the eye itself. just like for example any Ninja could deflect a flying shuriken with a Kunai, good reflexes.
I agree, but even the sharingan's predictablity has the flaw that it doesn't predict attacks coming from behind. The byakugan though can see all around itself and from a fair distance from their body so this in itself should give the byakugan the ability to dodge most attacks coming at them from a distance. Both technically are skill based. Sharingan allows it to dodge attacks, but at the same time if the attack is really fast and the person hasn't trained their body to move that fast than it can't be dodged.
Old 2010-06-24, 10:23   Link #2425
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
I agree, but even the sharingan's predictablity has the flaw that it doesn't predict attacks coming from behind. The byakugan though can see all around itself and from a fair distance from their body so this in itself should give the byakugan the ability to dodge most attacks coming at them from a distance. Both technically are skill based. Sharingan allows it to dodge attacks, but at the same time if the attack is really fast and the person hasn't trained their body to move that fast than it can't be dodged.
Well, Yeah not denying that, just Look at Neeji vs Kidoumaru as a good example of that. is Just that the Byakugan would not be able to help the person avoid a punch, like the Sharigan does help.
Old 2010-06-24, 10:28   Link #2426
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Well, Yeah not denying that, just Look at Neeji vs Kidoumaru as a good example of that. is Just that the Byakugan would not be able to help the person avoid a punch, like the Sharigan does help.
agreed although the byakugan has also been shown to be able to see subtle movements and such one must wonder if he can tell your beginning to throw a punch before actually throwing it.
Old 2010-06-24, 16:49   Link #2427
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author

Well, anyone could tell if you're about to throw a punch just by looking at how your body is moving, i.e. seeing the opponent's balance shift to left leg when about to kick. It most definitely relies on individual skill. And, personally, I don't see why a Byakugan can't be used to predict movement.
Old 2010-06-24, 17:48   Link #2428
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharfan View Post
Well, anyone could tell if you're about to throw a punch just by looking at how your body is moving, i.e. seeing the opponent's balance shift to left leg when about to kick. It most definitely relies on individual skill. And, personally, I don't see why a Byakugan can't be used to predict movement.
A Byakugan user(or any fighter for that matter) with a enough skill and practice could learn to predict movements to a degree. But it's not their Byakugan that allows them to do that, Byakugan only allows them to see the attacks coming from any direction, their skill allows them to predict movements.

Sharingan gives the ability to see and predict movements immediately without practice or experience. How well they react is a matter of reflexes like Rurik said. However, it's not simply seeing chakra and movements that gives the ability, but the way Sharingan can instantly interpret what it sees.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 19:59   Link #2429
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharfan View Post
yeah but you'd expect the byakugan would see the subtle movements that aren't so clear such as the twitch of a muscle as it tenses...and even chakra build up...
Old 2010-06-24, 20:22   Link #2430
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

I am in favor of Byakugan but Sharingan wins because they gave kyubi-like powers to it....
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 23:50   Link #2431
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
A Byakugan user(or any fighter for that matter) with a enough skill and practice could learn to predict movements to a degree. But it's not their Byakugan that allows them to do that, Byakugan only allows them to see the attacks coming from any direction, their skill allows them to predict movements.

Sharingan gives the ability to see and predict movements immediately without practice or experience. How well they react is a matter of reflexes like Rurik said. However, it's not simply seeing chakra and movements that gives the ability, but the way Sharingan can instantly interpret what it sees.
I'm an anime only viewer, and from what I've seen the sharigan has been made so overpowered for Sasuke and Itachi, and whatever Madara may be able to use, that the byakugan just no longer compares. Full visibilty just can't compete against unquenchable fire, gigantic suits of armor, amazing genjutsu, and predictability of future attacks. The byakugan is cool, and hard to knock, they just made the sharingan better, especially here in part 2 . I love the idea of the byakugan though.
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 00:13   Link #2432
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author

Quote:

Yeah, I see what you're saying. The Sharingan isn't simply the eye, but it also extends into the brain. Not only can you predict the movement, but you can predict the movement at a much greater speed. And, you don't even have to train: you just can automatically predict. I wish Kishi would have included the byakugan a little more. It should have a suped-up form like the Sharingan.
Old 2010-06-25, 00:21   Link #2433
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

This is slightly off topic, but does anyone ever feel like the sharingan is like going super-saiyan?
super saiyan is the first form, then SS-2 when the second tomoe forms, then SS-3 with the third tomoe. THen the MS is super saiyan 4. I'm just sayin.
Old 2010-06-26, 12:45   Link #2434
Stearsle

Will the Sharingan gives you the ablility to either summon giant skeletons with doom swords, burn people with an neverending fire of doom or summon a blackhole at any point in time by blinking. Then again the byakugan does give you 360 degree vision.
Stearsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 14:23   Link #2435
Neji112

Quote:

I slightly disagree with the statement. The Byakugan grants not only 360 degrees of vision but a clarity of Chakra flow. The Byakugan certainly gives a user an immediate understanding of what goes on within it's sphere especially when chakra is involved. It's the reason why in the Kidomaru fight Neji was able to knock away the kunais with his 64 hit combo.

While the argument can be made the Byakugan's power is based more in the present than the Sharigan, the results would be very similar. A 3 tomoe Sharingan creates a pre-image of what an opponent movement about to be based on chakra flow. It's a prediction yes but it's based on the whats happening. It's not like a Sharigan user would know I'm about to punch him until I begin the actual motions. The action has to already begun to have taken place and the Sharigan would automatically interpret what direction an attack is going. The Byakugan wouldn't have the instant interpretation at the level of a pre-image but the user would simply be aware that you're about to punch, even up to the point when you're gathering energy to attack and would be able to track movement because it's all visible to them within the radius.
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 17:42   Link #2436
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

The Byakugan doesn't give its user any understanding of what goes on, that's actually what the Sharingan does and why it can break down jutsu and foresight Taijutsu among other things.
The Byakugan "only" provides unadulterated informations of all there is around its user. It can see that someone is gathering chakra in his hand but it can't analyze it and inform its user what jutsu it's about. It could be to make a Chidori, or chakra increased punch, or a Rasengan, or anything really. It can see chakra firing inside a body but it can't provide an analysis of what it means and a prediction of its result.

Badically it's a better scanner but it doesn't possess the "software" to run and understand the informations it sees.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 21:57   Link #2437
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neji112 View Post
I slightly disagree with the statement. The Byakugan grants not only 360 degrees of vision but a clarity of Chakra flow. The Byakugan certainly gives a user an immediate understanding of what goes on within it's sphere especially when chakra is involved. It's the reason why in the Kidomaru fight Neji was able to knock away the kunais with his 64 hit combo.

While the argument can be made the Byakugan's power is based more in the present than the Sharigan, the results would be very similar. A 3 tomoe Sharingan creates a pre-image of what an opponent movement about to be based on chakra flow. It's a prediction yes but it's based on the whats happening. It's not like a Sharigan user would know I'm about to punch him until I begin the actual motions. The action has to already begun to have taken place and the Sharigan would automatically interpret what direction an attack is going. The Byakugan wouldn't have the instant interpretation at the level of a pre-image but the user would simply be aware that you're about to punch, even up to the point when you're gathering energy to attack and would be able to track movement because it's all visible to them within the radius.
To a degree I can agree with some of your points. The byakugan probable can see things a chakra base attack is about to occur. So in a sense he would predict an attack is coming. I think the best example would be when characters like Neji sees increases in Chakra flow. So yes than at that point he could predict an attack coming, but that's not necessarily the same thing. The Sharingan not only see's the attack. but can pinpoint where the attack is going to land. The byakugan would know an attack is coming, but not where it's going or where the person is going to attack. In other words it's like a goal vs a soccer player. He knows something is coming, but not nec. where it is going to go. Whereas the Sharingan user knows exactly where it's going to go.

Now the Byakugan can not only see chakra, but can even see the differences in chakra of different individuals. It seems chakra and the techniques used could be similar to a finger print
Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-26, 23:18   Link #2438
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
The Byakugan doesn't give its user any understanding of what goes on, that's actually what the Sharingan does and why it can break down jutsu and foresight Taijutsu among other things.
The Byakugan "only" provides unadulterated informations of all there is around its user. It can see that someone is gathering chakra in his hand but it can't analyze it and inform its user what jutsu it's about. It could be to make a Chidori, or chakra increased punch, or a Rasengan, or anything really. It can see chakra firing inside a body but it can't provide an analysis of what it means and a prediction of its result.

Badically it's a better scanner but it doesn't possess the "software" to run and understand the informations it sees.
Basically yeah, the Sharingan is an advance byakugan when it comes to identifying chakra attacks. It just seems like they created the byakugan to show how much better the sharingan is.
Old 2010-06-27, 00:13   Link #2439
Neji112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post

That's a slightly different argument than what I'm making. The understanding I'm referring to is an awareness to whatever is happening within it's range. I'm not claiming that the Byakugan will process then interpret the information for a user in the same way the Sharingan does. But it still provides enough information for the user to anticipate more accurately. What each individual Byakugan user can do with that information will vary as will the amount of information collected but the eye does provide information of what's happening around it to a far greater extent and detail than normal eyes.

As for the punch, rasengan and chidori differentiation... the extent to which the flow in each of the techniques differs or any technique differs would determine the extent of how useful the information is. Whether or not someone can use the information meaningfully is also a another issue.
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 03:02   Link #2440
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

The story dictates that the sharingan be over powered to meet the plot demands. Byukugan has since left the main plot line.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote