AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-10, 04:28   Link #61
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I certainly hope that's not a major manga spoiler up there. I'm sure as hell not opening it to find out.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 17:09   Link #62
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
The first episode is okay, but it suffers from poor animation (not to mention the balls that look flat and poorly superimposed on the background) and an uninspired storyboard.

A good story might make this worthwhile though.
Animation doesn't bother me unless its really bad. I care more about the story which is pretty good if you're willing to wait for it to pan out.
Old 2012-01-10, 19:46   Link #63
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I certainly hope that's not a major manga spoiler up there. I'm sure as hell not opening it to find out.
It's nothing really major......

.....Or maybe...it.is?
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 20:37   Link #64
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Let me just put it this way.

If you're expecting the events seen in the OP to occur within 13 episodes, be prepared for a disappointment.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 09:04   Link #65
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I never watched Giant Killing or a football anime so this is first time for me seeing football "animefied". Watching my two favourite things come together...is not as great as I hoped it would be...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 05:56   Link #66
Blaat

Hey look Renton is playing football again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I never watched Giant Killing or a football anime so this is first time for me seeing football "animefied". Watching my two favourite things come together...is not as great as I hoped it would be...
This times infinite and I have watched (or tried watching) multiple football anime: Whistle, Captain Tsubasa, Giant Killing etc. I just can't get into them. The opposite is also true though I love baseball anime but when I watch the real life version of it I fall asleep. I do like the characters though.

Anyway is it me or does the brother have a huge death flag? Doesn't mean he dies but I don't see him being in the show for long.
Old 2012-01-12, 18:31   Link #67
Concordia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I thought the same thing would be true for me but i really liked this one.

I don't know why but i just really enjoyed watching the first episode, with some of the others mentioned in this thread i didn't have that feeling.
Concordia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 19:54   Link #68
black_star
How should i say it?

Well, anyone thinking THAT event is upcoming in the two next episodes?
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 20:47   Link #69
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2012-01-13, 21:22   Link #70
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I agree with most of you, alien has to be Nana. Brother is taller than Kakeru. His left leg problem give Nana the handicap to play better than him.
Why would she need handicap? Kakeru might be the protagonist but we still don't know how good he really is.
Old 2012-01-13, 23:55   Link #71
Johnny
Working the bags...

After looking at this episode it's dropped from my watch list. Just as predicted they screwed up the major event. With how they did the crash I can also see them playing up the angst on Kakeru seeing how they've already portrayed him as a helpless character...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 01:06   Link #72
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah, definitely not Cross Game, but Touch.

Spoiler for comparison with touch:

Which is ironic really, as Adachi has many times joked in some of his works that soccer would be the death of baseball, and now his arugably greatest work is being compared to something about soccer.

One thing that still bothers me is if Nana transferred from LA like she claimed she did, why was she wearing a serafuku... clearly a Japanese uniform? Regardless, still can't get enough of Nana. 'Perfect osananajimi' is so hard to find nowadays. Might not be the most complex character, or even interesting, but I'm dying of moe overload every time she's on screen. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 03:11   Link #73
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Urgh, I don't see why they had to change the execution of 'that' event.

I mean, the end result's the same, but it felt so unnatural in the episode. The way the scene just suddenly cut into it while Suguru was giving his dream-talk...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2012-01-14, 04:51   Link #74
sergel02

aww this episode made me sad.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 10:25   Link #75
ookamigirl

Suguru sure played Kakeru well. Those passes were really hard to catch.
Guess Kakeru needs to get over his fear of shooting with his left leg.
At least we finally got the reason why...

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 10:59   Link #76
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Why would she need handicap? Kakeru might be the protagonist but we still don't know how good he really is.
You are right, I have no much clue on how good Kakeru is and I know probably I wasn't so politically correct there, but my assumption came from the fact that he is the protagonist, so I can hardly believe he is not so good; his brother forced him to play, and since his brother looks strict enough to not favour his younger brother only because they are related by blood and he is the best country player U-15, it means Kakeru is indeed good. And last, but not least, my bias on how males, on average, are better players than females.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 11:13   Link #77
Kazu-kun

Quote:
it means Kakeru is indeed good.
No, it means his bro recognized that he's got potential. But having potential to be good and being good are two very different things.
Old 2012-01-14, 11:55   Link #78
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No, it means his bro recognized that he's got potential. But having potential to be good and being good are two very different things.
Well, Kakeru has played soccer for many years and he played with his brother, not just some casual friends. So its potential had to be turned into real skill, considering his age. If it is not the case, he had not potential. In my opinion obviously.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 12:45   Link #79
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Well, Kakeru has played soccer for many years and he played with his brother, not just some casual friends. So its potential had to be turned into real skill, considering his age. If it is not the case, he had not potential. In my opinion obviously.
The brothers are 14/15 respectively. Many years isn't very long.

Besides, the episode pretty much all but flat out said that Kakeru has literally wasted like 2 years of his life (since the incident happened when he was 12 ) playing casual 'shadow football' at night and nothing else. Plus the trauma.

While his brother's leading U-15 Japan at the international level.

Old 2012-01-14, 12:50   Link #80
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
wow didn't expect such an ending for episode 2. Kinda reminds of the Cross Game episode 2 or 3 where one of the sisters died. When watching episode 1, and it said this is the last time he played with his brother, I thought that he was going to play for another team or something. If his brother really dies then the plot kinda like Cross Game.

Tags
shounen, sports