AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-29, 20:01   Link #1
Lyocol
Banned

Manga that you believe may never get anime adaptation

I actually hate to ask people about trivial thing like this but I just want to share thoughts and opinions with other people. That's what forums for. Straight to question what are manga you believe that may never get anime adaptation at least in this time?

It is really sad to see Sumire 17 may never get anime adaptation. Maybe it's not popular enough and most likely too optimistic for most people, even to Japanese. Not to mention that almost nobody wants to see a perverted, middle-aged man who "disguised" himself as a 17-years old high school girl by just making a puppet of that "girl". The concept was fun for the first few times but it got downhill very fast, especially if you are fans of Jigoku Shoujo and other pessimistic shows.

Another manga that I saw some anime potentials in but will never get anime adaptation is Anima+Mundi. Maybe most people don't find it as promising, even from fans of other human-monster hybrid mangas like Daily Life With Monster Girls and Haiyore! Nyaruko-san for examples. Its translation works ended long ago and I don't think there's a place for it anymore.
Old 2013-08-29, 20:08   Link #2
Joyce_Steele
Banned

Any shits(yes they are) from Shinjou Mayu, obviously.

Harumi Chihiro's mangatography also included as well. Not for their rather explicit sex scenes but I just afraid it may turned into boring soap operas with sex thrown into it. However I think it better have OVA instead of TV series.
Old 2013-08-29, 20:12   Link #3
hamazura
whatever

something dark age like ubel blatt and vinland saga
doujin like onani master kurosawa
Old 2013-08-29, 20:18   Link #4
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Vinland saga would be awesome as a anime, but wont happen unless it really picks up. Also Vagabond, it could be likely in a few more years but right now it wont happen.
Old 2013-08-29, 20:24   Link #5
Seitsuki
Onee!

I think it would make far more sense to reverse the topic because, by and large, the vast majority of (original) manga is not going to get an anime.
Old 2013-08-29, 20:58   Link #6
rantaid

yotsuba! and ....

huo feng liao yuan ......
Old 2013-08-29, 21:20   Link #7
Tenzen12

Yeah, it's shame that mangaka of Yotsubato stubbornely refused all offers

Gundam: Giren Ansatsu Keikaku: It would make great anime far better than some other animated works in franchise.

That future is lie: It's from same author as Minami-ke, but heavily under radar, which is shame.

Mx0: Honestly who wouldn't like it see?

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha It would be nice if it had adaptation, Tsukihime wouldn't be bad either.

Fortunetely time to time some studio suprise and animate something unexpected and awesome. My most favourite manga that I though this (Aoki hagane no Arpeggio) will air next season!
Old 2013-08-29, 21:27   Link #8
ImperialFlameGod8190

tenzen maoyuu maou yuusha has an anime it aired recently
Old 2013-08-29, 21:40   Link #9
ImperialFlameGod8190

check your inbox tenzen
Old 2013-08-29, 21:48   Link #10
Tenzen12

Guys, you didn't noticed I put it in same sentence together with Tsukihime did you? (I realy didn't expect I will have to explain myself)
Old 2013-08-29, 22:04   Link #11
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Tsukihime wouldn't be bad either.
If you ask me, it's pretty likely to get a remake adaption after the remake for the VN gets released.

As for me:
Yotsuba&!: Already confirmed it won't get adapted sadly.

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer: As much as I want, doesn't seem too likely

Onani Master Kurosawa: Same as Biscuit Hammer. Not sure if it was a popular doujin back in Japan though.

Do manwhas get adaptions that much? Only ones I know of are Freezing and Needless. Would like to see The Breaker getting adapted though.
Old 2013-08-29, 22:16   Link #12
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Manga that you believe may never get anime adaptation
Yeah, like the vast majority of manga I read?
Old 2013-08-29, 22:48   Link #13
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Pretty much everything made by Harumi Chihiro. It's pretty obvious she will not going to be happy to see her mangas get adapted to anime.

Miray Ozaki's Great Escape would be a great H-anime not for its sex scenes but rather how she mocked shoujo genre in general but well you know...

Minamoto-kun Monogatari may get an adaptation soon but not in this year or two, in theory.
Old 2013-08-30, 07:38   Link #14
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Pretty much everything made by Harumi Chihiro. It's pretty obvious she will not going to be happy to see her mangas get adapted to anime.
What do you mean she wouldn't be happy? Could you elaborate on this?
Old 2013-08-30, 08:29   Link #15
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Any manga shorts made by my favorite artist Homunculus, the so called Goddess of Vanilla. The works are so nice and touching though they contain mature contents. I really love the style incorporating coitus and vanilla romance in a very cute decent way... It sometimes makes me cry.
Old 2013-08-30, 14:40   Link #16
RichardFromMarple

With The Light: Mostly because it's had a live action adaptation.
Old 2013-08-30, 14:40   Link #17
whsie

Historie, Rain, Rolan the Forgotten King. Those are some of the good works that I don't believe will see the light of animation.
Old 2013-08-30, 16:09   Link #18
bludvein

There is a lot of excellent manwha and even webtoons that will never be animated as well. I want to see Tower of God, The Breaker, Witch Hunter, etc.

For manga only though, im kinda upset Gamaran never got an anime. Theres a bunch that only got crappy adaptations too, that makes it impossible to actually go back and do a proper one.
Old 2013-08-30, 21:05   Link #19
rantaid

oh also... no more garasu no kamen , right? sigh.... also no otoboke or any masashi ueda, or other yugo the negotiator,
Old 2013-08-30, 21:29   Link #20
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
There is a lot of excellent manwha and even webtoons that will never be animated as well. I want to see Tower of God, The Breaker, Witch Hunter, etc.

For manga only though, im kinda upset Gamaran never got an anime. Theres a bunch that only got crappy adaptations too, that makes it impossible to actually go back and do a proper one.
This.

In addition to Tower of God, The Breaker, and Witch Hunter, I would also add the likes of Id and The Legend of Maian.
Closed Thread