AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-04-19, 09:59   Link #1
Indalecio
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Indalecio Send a message via AIM to Indalecio Send a message via Yahoo to Indalecio
Dragoon

Original Title: ドラグーン ~竜騎士への道~
Author: Wai (わい)
Artist: Luna

WN Raw: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n9264bj/
Translation: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/dragoon/

Spoiler for Main Characters:

Spoiler for Synopsis:

Last edited by Indalecio; 2017-04-20 at 13:26.
Indalecio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 10:03   Link #2
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Aaah, this is from the author of Sevens
Sadly has the same weakness of romance only fulfilled at the end
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 10:08   Link #3
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Yeah, stopped in the middle because of politics and all.

Really liked Rudel, though. I just have a thing for idiots like him.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 11:37   Link #4
Breimn

Naas best cat.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 13:02   Link #5
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Aaah, this is from the author of Sevens
Sadly has the same weakness of romance only fulfilled at the end
Same author as Seven, so yandere harem then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Naas best cat.
well, a cat is fine too.
Old 2017-04-19, 13:08   Link #6
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^To Love-Ru's harem
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 13:21   Link #7
sparhawk1610
Asura

When I have seen the title Dragoon, I was like, what the hell? It is about my character from Final Fantasy XIV?
But I will give it a chance.
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 15:18   Link #8
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Same author as Seven, so yandere harem then

well, a cat is fine too.
As far as i read, at least 3 girls wanted to kill a certain other girl.
Spoiler for raw:
Old 2017-04-20, 00:42   Link #9
Indalecio
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Indalecio Send a message via AIM to Indalecio Send a message via Yahoo to Indalecio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^To Love-Ru's harem
how many girls?
Indalecio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-20, 07:43   Link #10
Darius Drake

I have to admit, I like the ideas behind this. It's still a "MC is a Villain of a Romance Game in a Reincarnate's World, avoiding a Bad End" type story that has been popping up, but the villain in question isn't a reincarnate. Instead, it's the original character who randomly sees a Dragon when he was 5 and went "I want to ride that. How the h**l do I do so?". He then proceeds to, obsessively, aim for becoming a Dragoon so that he can ride Dragons. While pretty much everyone around him ignores and belittles him without noticing how strong he's becoming. Until (and even after, for a while) he goes to school.

Spoiler for They've already introduced this guy in the Translation, but...:
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-20, 18:38   Link #11
mors86

It's a nice little story, only got like 150+ chapters so it was easy to read in MTL.

I loved how the author handled the evolution of the character of Arleist (Arreist? Arlest?). But Rudel really is the best character. Idiot shounen hero to the max.

Romance was weak as expected, but still sweet at places. Though it's definitely not a major theme or anything.
mors86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 05:17   Link #12
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mors86 View Post
It's a nice little story, only got like 150+ chapters so it was easy to read in MTL.

I loved how the author handled the evolution of the character of Arleist (Arreist? Arlest?). But Rudel really is the best character. Idiot shounen hero to the max.

Romance was weak as expected, but still sweet at places. Though it's definitely not a major theme or anything.
The legend of Rudel conquering the entire girl in woman dorm is really fun story. His technique that Will make any girl fall is sealed
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 06:32   Link #13
Breimn

Have yet to finish and i gotta say i dont like how author seems to make
Spoiler for Main girl ???:
main girl since she isnt that interesting. Fina is more interesting, especially since you can actually see her abusing her woman skills. And MC doesnt seem interested in harem even tough a bunch of girls are after him so it doesnt look like he will get another girl once he gets in her panties.
Old 2017-04-21, 09:15   Link #14
mors86

Fina is more interesting as a character, but do you really see Rudel being interested in being involved with the whole royalty/political stuff. In his mind, Dragoons >>> King/Prince.
mors86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 09:45   Link #15
bludvein

The completely unreasonable hatred of Rudel in the beginning is confusing. Did I miss something? There wasn't even a flimsy excuse given.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 10:02   Link #16
mlovolm

world's setting lol
mlovolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 13:16   Link #17
Akashura
The Dark Lurker

Does that high knight onee-san become a harem member?

How and when does Cattleya stop her unreasonable hatred of Rudel and fall for him?
Old 2017-04-21, 17:32   Link #18
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashura View Post
Does that high knight onee-san become a harem member?

How and when does Cattleya stop her unreasonable hatred of Rudel and fall for him?
She's completely fallen in love with Rudel "Mofumofu" god hand.

Till the runaway accident, by the way Rudel Harem[?] is consisting of much more dangerous woman[though in his head Dragon=izumi>>>>>Other].
The scene of Fina drowning in her "mofumofu" technique is so funny
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 10:34   Link #19
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
The completely unreasonable hatred of Rudel in the beginning is confusing. Did I miss something? There wasn't even a flimsy excuse given.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlovolm View Post
world's setting lol
Basically, yes. Though I have a theory that's... based on what's in the story.

My thoughts on the matter was "He was actively avoiding working while having a slightly younger brother who actually worked (around the age of 5). As such, his parents wrote him off as useless and completely ignored him. This created an opportunity for some of the servants to take their frustration at his parent's behaviour out on him, which he never tried to punish them for. This lead the servants to believe, as the parents did, that he's an idiot (specifically, an idiot who can't even remember a grudge), and dismiss him from their minds.

That's when he saw the Dragon. Seeing the Dragon gave him motivation to work and study. However, as everyone had already decided that he's an irredeemable idiot (at the age of 5, so it's obvious that they're projecting), they never really paid attention to anything he was doing if they didn't have to.

TLDR: When he was 5, before seeing the Dragon, due to a lack of work ethic and desire to punish his bullies (servants) for their bullying, everyone had come to the conclusion that the MC was an idiot and actively tried to ignore the MC as much as they could.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 13:47   Link #20
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
Basically, yes. Though I have a theory that's... based on what's in the story.

My thoughts on the matter was "He was actively avoiding working while having a slightly younger brother who actually worked (around the age of 5). As such, his parents wrote him off as useless and completely ignored him. This created an opportunity for some of the servants to take their frustration at his parent's behaviour out on him, which he never tried to punish them for. This lead the servants to believe, as the parents did, that he's an idiot (specifically, an idiot who can't even remember a grudge), and dismiss him from their minds.

That's when he saw the Dragon. Seeing the Dragon gave him motivation to work and study. However, as everyone had already decided that he's an irredeemable idiot (at the age of 5, so it's obvious that they're projecting), they never really paid attention to anything he was doing if they didn't have to.

TLDR: When he was 5, before seeing the Dragon, due to a lack of work ethic and desire to punish his bullies (servants) for their bullying, everyone had come to the conclusion that the MC was an idiot and actively tried to ignore the MC as much as they could.
That doesn't even count as flimsy. We have no evidence he was especially stupid before 5, and even if he was there's no reason to let the servants bully him for it. It's like everyone was just born with this unreasonable hatred without a source.

It reads like a bad self-pity from the author.

Last edited by bludvein; 2017-04-22 at 13:57.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard-working mc, honest mc, understimated mc, weak become strong