AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-13, 18:34   Link #21
nanafan
horo fan

meh, i don't mind if it's 11 episodes i am excited that it's back!! yay for more nodame goodness, i am sure they will try and follow the manga if they can. in the manga it seems to focus more on chiaki and what he's up to, but i can't wait to see characters like tanya the funny russian, or frank..
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 16:08   Link #22
harmonious

Awesome, now I just wish we'd get a 3rd season of Honey & Clover, but I think that would take a sequel to the manga.
harmonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 19:19   Link #23
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
There were a lot more characters introduced, and they all got substential times while old characters that made it to Europe still got their turns to shine as well. In addtion, the story pace slows down on Nodame herself, so she became less of a focal point, and in some volumes, even to the point that it seems that she's the "minor" supporting character instead of the main character. The story only turn back to her recently around volume 18 or so. The storyflow has also being consistent and flows too seemlessly similar to NANA, there's really not many breaking points to stop.

Unless you want to see story suddenly ends prematurely and heavly tweaked, 11 episode will have to be enough for now.

I, for one, like it much better this way, god knows how many anime were messed up because they end it prematurely or can't find the right stopping points and ends up ruins the series.
Yeah, it's tricky - here's some of my own thoughts.

It might be better if they cut out big chunks rather than little - personally, I think the best ending point would be chapter 87 (ie most of volume 15). That'd require dropping most of volumes 12-14 though. Quite possible to come back to some of that later with a 3rd series.

The Paris arc starts at chapter 53. With 11 episodes, that could mean around 18-25 chapters, depending on their pace - ie projected end chapter of 70-77. The first main story arc in Paris ends around chapter 60, so they'd have to go *really* slow to end there. A possible end point in 70-77 range would be part-way through chapter 72 (just before the time-skip half-way through the chapter). That could work. Unfortunately it means little piano playing from Nodame (hence my suggestion of chapter 87)

As a side note, the latest chapter is 124. I dunno if there's any good places to discuss the latest chapters (in English). I've looked but haven't seen any. So I've just been reading the raws as best I can. The latest events are pretty shocking! I wonder if the anime will ever get there.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 07:59   Link #24
Molenir

I think a good ending point would be after Nodames first recital. The costume recital... Dat was good. And despite my disappointment over the shortened series, I much prefer it to seeing the story butchered, like they did with the ending of Claymore for example.

Last edited by Molenir; 2008-06-20 at 13:11.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 13:14   Link #25
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Definitely in my must watch list for next season! GYABO!
Old 2008-06-27, 16:03   Link #26
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Iv recently come across a lot of people who have not seen the first season of Nodame Cantabile and i tell them to punish themselves or at least make a point to check out the first season before the second starts airing. Im extremely excited since the live action version has a couple of special hour long broadcast that took place in paris I cant wait to see how J.C. Staff will introduce the new characters and just the overall direction they will take, J.C Staff did such a phenomenal jop with the first season i have high hopes and high expectations for upcoming season.
Old 2008-07-06, 23:32   Link #27
nanafan
horo fan

i am excited too, i can't wait for more nodame goodness and i want to see how crazy they make tanya..lol
Old 2008-07-07, 22:03   Link #28
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

will the live action also continue with the story?
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 16:32   Link #29
nanafan
horo fan

i don't know if the live action is going to have another season, it doesn't seem like it , but i don't know much about it.
Old 2008-07-08, 16:37   Link #30
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
But the live action change a lot of things from the manga...
Im very exited about this second season, but at the same time... sad.. only 11 episodes... still, im in countdown
Old 2008-09-13, 10:39   Link #31
mdauben

I just watched the preview for the new Nodame season. Gosh, I've missed that show! I think I have to re-watch the first season while I wait for Oct. 9th to finally arrive.

BTW, has any group committed to subbing Pari Hen yet?
Old 2008-09-13, 23:30   Link #32
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I just watched the preview for the new Nodame season. Gosh, I've missed that show! I think I have to re-watch the first season while I wait for Oct. 9th to finally arrive.

BTW, has any group committed to subbing Pari Hen yet?
According to hashihime, Osu, Froth-Bite and C1 Anime are taking this up.

Seriously, I wish them good luck. These are the guys who have the guts to take on the instances of French language which will be present at least for the early episodes.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 02:30   Link #33
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

Seriously, I wish them good luck. These are the guys who have the guts to take on the instances of French language which will be present at least for the early episodes.
Well, if we're to stay true to the intentions of the mangaka herself, it might be best to leave them untranslated.

"To let the readers better understand what Nodame is currently going through I've left the French dialogue untranslated."
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 02:40   Link #34
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Well, if we're to stay true to the intentions of the mangaka herself, it might be best to leave them untranslated.

"To let the readers better understand what Nodame is currently going through I've left the French dialogue untranslated."
Well, perhaps. Although I do hope the fansubber will eventually start translating French once we get to the point where Nodame starts learning French....otherwise we'll miss out on one particular joke I still can't stop laughing about, if you know what I mean.

Spoiler for Vol. 10, Chpt. 54:

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 02:46   Link #35
Ottocycle

If I remember correctly, she(the mangaka) doesn't keep the French up for very long.
Spoiler for minor one, I guess:

I think what you cited happened after that?

And yeah, let's stop the spoilers here.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 08:37   Link #36
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Cool! I have the whole Froth-Bite run of the first season, and thought they did a very good job. I'll probably be following their subs for Pari-Hen, too.
Old 2008-09-16, 05:05   Link #37
herbert

More Nodame is always welcome, I'm just worried which point they would go for end of this? Chiaki's tournament? It dosen't look very good, making 13 eps at this point of time.
Old 2008-09-20, 17:34   Link #38
asunder
the ancient biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
More Nodame is always welcome, I'm just worried which point they would go for end of this? Chiaki's tournament? It dosen't look very good, making 13 eps at this point of time.
as was previously mentioned, the 11 episode series will probably end in
Spoiler:

I'm more interested in seeing the animated version of the story arcs after this point, but for now this will have to suffice.

Old news, but the promo video is up at http://www.nodame-anime.com/
select the "Special" link - the 10th link on the right hand column — and then select the play button.
asunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 17:41   Link #39
Westlo
Lets be reality

Funnily enough I stopped reading the manga after that point because I heard of this adaption being made. That does seem like a logical stopping point though, guess it's time to pick up where I left off in the manga.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 19:26   Link #40
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
This sequel is a must-watch for me...Can't wait~ ;x

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, josei, musical, nodame cantabile, noitamina