AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-08-30, 22:14   Link #7781
InuKun
Coordinator

Send a message via MSN to InuKun
I think i'll give mine away to someone who wants it or just leave it somewhere it can catch dust. Mine is all painted and stuff, but I will be happy to finally have a MG Athrun gundam and hope they make a Aegis/Saviour afterwards, an MG Justice could easily be the next Athrun suit though since it's quite similar frame-wise as IJ.
InuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 01:29   Link #7782
SolRahlX

Hello, I've been lurking around here for the past couple of weeks and have finally brought myself to ask a question.

I've been using Tamyia and Testors pants for my models, but I've just been wanting to try the Gundam Markers for Gundam 00 just to have a set and try it out since I recieved my Avalanche Exia about a month ago. The problem is EVERYWHERE I look they are sold out.... Even Ebay. I've just been wondering if anyone here knows of a place that might still have some in stock.

Thanks in advance.
SolRahlX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 08:45   Link #7783
Copy Ninja Kakashi

The MG IJ looks great!, it looks like it doesn't comes with a display stand....Well have to buy a action base then....
Copy Ninja Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 09:05   Link #7784
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Back Pack close up :-

MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 09:18   Link #7785
MeesesGlokmah

So today I'm thinking of picking up either the MG Shin Musha or the MG Impulse, but I had a question before I start anything. I was wondering if it's easier and better to paint the parts individually or just build the whole thing then paint it. I'm obviously no pro, which is why I'm asking the pros.
MeesesGlokmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 13:04   Link #7786
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... why are you people talking about getting rid of your MG models?
Old 2008-08-31, 13:11   Link #7787
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... why are you people talking about getting rid of your MG models?
Nobody's getting rid of their MGs. We're talking about HG versions and what one could do with them when one gets a MG version of the same mobile suit.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 13:48   Link #7788
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah View Post
So today I'm thinking of picking up either the MG Shin Musha or the MG Impulse, but I had a question before I start anything. I was wondering if it's easier and better to paint the parts individually or just build the whole thing then paint it. I'm obviously no pro, which is why I'm asking the pros.
That would depend on the specific piece and how it is positioned on the completed model.
If you're painting only details, then you can either do it once the model is complete, or before cutting it off the sprue.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:20   Link #7789
MeesesGlokmah

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
That would depend on the specific piece and how it is positioned on the completed model.
If you're painting only details, then you can either do it once the model is complete, or before cutting it off the sprue.
Thanks for the advice, but what exactly do you mean by "painting only details"? Isn't detailing the whole point of painting anyway?
Old 2008-08-31, 15:39   Link #7790
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Nobody's getting rid of their MGs. We're talking about HG versions and what one could do with them when one gets a MG version of the same mobile suit.
Oh, okay then. Still seems kind of dumb to get rid of your High Grades just because the Master Grades are out. Why get rid of something you put time, effort, and money in? Better to mod them or leave them as is instead of getting rid of them.
Old 2008-08-31, 16:11   Link #7791
Critias

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRahlX View Post
Hello, I've been lurking around here for the past couple of weeks and have finally brought myself to ask a question.

I've been using Tamyia and Testors pants for my models, but I've just been wanting to try the Gundam Markers for Gundam 00 just to have a set and try it out since I recieved my Avalanche Exia about a month ago. The problem is EVERYWHERE I look they are sold out.... Even Ebay. I've just been wondering if anyone here knows of a place that might still have some in stock.

Thanks in advance.
Pick and choose, though I just got their set:

http://gundamstoreandmore.com/gundammarkers2.html

Yer welcome
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 16:27   Link #7792
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Oh, okay then. Still seems kind of dumb to get rid of your High Grades just because the Master Grades are out. Why get rid of something you put time, effort, and money in? Better to mod them or leave them as is instead of getting rid of them.
Yeah, that's why I said that I'll used my HG to reproduce the damaged Destiny when it clashes with a kicking IJ.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 19:44   Link #7793
MeesesGlokmah

Quick noob question! Is clear paint lacquer the same as a paint sealer? If not, can it be used the same way?
Old 2008-09-01, 00:30   Link #7794
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

How good are Gundam markers? My current living situation doesn't allow painting and such I would like to look into other options.

Thanks
Old 2008-09-01, 01:41   Link #7795
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member

Ok, I know there's Rainbow Ten and then Hobby Link Japan cost slightly more. Are there any sites ever cheaper (not eBay or any similar "auction" sites) than those two with reasonable shipping?
theOtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 03:54   Link #7796
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
How good are Gundam markers? My current living situation doesn't allow painting and such I would like to look into other options.

Thanks
If u know how to use them they r amazing i almost stoped using formal paints.
Old 2008-09-01, 04:45   Link #7797
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga

•JPN retail 4,500 JPY

•Your chance to own the Zeon's most cutting-edge Mobile Suit! Johnny Ridden's personal Zaku, which utilizes the Ver. 2.0 Zaku frame, joins the MG lineup.
•Features the MS-06R-2's unique leg thruster covers, shoulder spikes, forearm detail, and more.
•Leg thruster covers are removable.
•Power transmission tubes are "slide-molded," allowing them to be mounted straight off the runners.
•An action base compatible joint can be mounted between the legs.
•Accessories include Zaku machine gun, Zaku bazooka, heat hawk, and large-bore giant bazooka.

•JPN retail 10,000 JPY

•A new release of the Strike Freedom in a gleaming special coating!
•Full-body "special coating" version.
•Back wings can be posed to replicate scenes from the series, and each wing is provided with a sliding mechanism for extension or retraction.
•Includes two beam rifles that can be combined to form a long rifle, two beam sabers, and a beam shield.
• Includes a special display stand featuring a wing motif based on the Strike Freedom's wing design, and 1/100 Kira Yamato and Lacus Clyne figures.

•JPN retail 1,000 JPY

•The main Gundam 00 unit from the second season of Mobile Suit Gundam 00 joins the HG series.
•Utilizes new polycap technology for enhanced style and super posability while maintaining ideal proportions.
•Shoulder-mounted GN drives are linked to the frame to allow lateral movement along with the backpack.
•Features clear parts in specific areas for the best visual effect.
•Includes two GN sword IIs, and expressive open hand parts.
•GN Sword II can be transformed into sword/rifle form by swapping parts.

•JPN retail 6,000 JPY

•Highly anticipated by fans! A kit of the heavy weapons system GN Arms Type D and a newly rearmed Gundam Dynames.
•The giant cannon on the right side of the GN Arms system GN can be folded away; the missile pod on the left side features a hatch that can slide open.
•Dynames includes a handgun that can be placed in a leg-mounted holster.
•Features an in-scale Lockon Stratos figure that can be placed atop the GN cannon to replicate the dramatic "last shooting" scene from the series.

•JPN retail 1,000 JPY

•Saachez's AEU Enact Custom (Moralia Type), the sword-carrying foe of Gundam Exia, joins the HG series lineup!
•Color-molded plastic replicates the suit's distinctive blue coloring right out of the box.
•Utilizes ABS joints throughout, allowing transformation to flight mode while maintaining accurate proportions in Mobile Suit mode.
•Includes blade rifle, missile pods, defense rod, and plasma sword.
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 06:22   Link #7798
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

that HG OO looks really delicious but I'll wait for the 1/100 for sure
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 23:00   Link #7799
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 23:04   Link #7800
Critias