AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-26, 17:02   Link #681
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Really, for a non military guy, that salute was so out of character( homage) for alto to salute anyone, more considering he didn't have any military training. Believe me, It takes quite a while to develop the reflex for a military salute, it is something that drill sergents drill to you constantly and punish you when you don't do it with push ups(I was ex military).
I am afraid you are absolutely mistaken. Alto indeed has military training. He was accepted into the SMS, trained in rank and file before flying his VF-25. The SMS (which stands for Strategic Military Services) is very involved with the military, and he addresses Ozma as captain in case you have forgotten.

Oh, by the way, anyone else loved that BATTLE BALLAD with Alto/Berera?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-26, 17:04   Link #682
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Copout? Nada? Japanese directors are worse than US presidential candidates when it comes appeasing the majority. And a cheesy duet at the end? Series dropped.
Old 2008-09-26, 17:10   Link #683
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Copout? Nada? Japanese directors are worse than US presidential candidates when it comes appeasing the majority. And a cheesy duet at the end? Series dropped.
Bah, its a stable strategy in service for years. Essentially a way to open up doujin possibilities and to maintain its popularity by the fans (without much effort from the producers themselves).

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-26, 17:14   Link #684
zalem

Quote:
Well, I was totally expecting the duet at the end. But the lack of resolution? Yeah, copout. Kawamori is too afraid of pissing off the fans of either ship. But I suppose he is right, the end was a "surprise." Now we have the never ending shipping wars. I was hoping for a definite end if only to stop the wars once and for all.

The Brera/Alto fight scene was awesome though at least.
Old 2008-09-26, 17:17   Link #685
golthin

I was looking so much to this shipper war to end( not completely from the most stubboorn shippers) but now with this open ended ending it seems it is just started.
Old 2008-09-26, 17:36   Link #686
Wesley84

Dead Alto would have made everyone happy. Even, no, especially me.
Old 2008-09-26, 17:48   Link #687
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
dead leon more so...or ranka
Old 2008-09-26, 17:52   Link #688
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
dead leon more so...or ranka
Sure, dead Ranka would have been nice too. Leon's kind of pointless though. The guy was just kind of there being slimy, without actually doing anything worthwhile. Ultimately, just an excuse for the Quarter to leave Frontier, and dramatically save everyone in the final battle. Killing him would have been as pointless as introducing him in the first place.
Old 2008-09-26, 17:55   Link #689
magnuskn

Geeze. With Goltin cheering on shippers to start flaming, no wonder if bad blood surges.

I am okay with the ending, and will keep my peace about it until proven otherwise. I follow Taks and the others reasoning here, the subtle things told the true story.
Old 2008-09-26, 17:56   Link #690
Tak

I have to admit I gave 10 to this episode. Mainly because of the battle scenes, and how cleaver Kawamori proved to be.

- Tak

Old 2008-09-26, 18:32   Link #691
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
I gave a 10 as well because of how the episode was portrayed. The battle scenes especially got me to love this episode. The sort of "remix" duet with ranka and sheryl was interesting as well.

But is it true that a movie for macross frontier is coming out? I read it somewhere and trying to find out if its a rumor or fact.
Old 2008-09-26, 18:34   Link #692
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post
I gave a 10 as well because of how the episode was portrayed. The battle scenes especially got me to love this episode. The sort of "remix" duet with ranka and sheryl was interesting as well.

But is it true that a movie for macross frontier is coming out? I read it somewhere and trying to find out if its a rumor or fact.
The movie is a fact, it is indeed coming out.

- Tak

Old 2008-09-26, 18:35   Link #693
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Thats wonderful news~ I'm hoping they'll clear up the triangle and make alto actually choose one.
Old 2008-09-26, 18:48   Link #694
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Bah, its a stable strategy in service for years. Essentially a way to open up doujin possibilities and to maintain its popularity by the fans (without much effort from the producers themselves).

- Tak
Aye, it's sensible in some ways but ultimately nothing's changed. That's the cusp. Do we watch anime for a story or a cheese fest with flashy fights? Considering this anime leans more towards romance than anything else, it's dissapointing. Is it too much to ask for good romance and good mecha action at the same time?
Old 2008-09-26, 18:53   Link #695
Tak

Quote:
Is it too much to ask for good romance and good mecha action at the same time?
Of course not. But it was Kawamori's intention in trolling us, was it not?

The amazing thing is, he told us what he was going to do way before this shipping war got out of hand, way before all this happened. That fucker intended on trolling us since the beginning.

- Tak

Old 2008-09-26, 18:56   Link #696
HonorGuideMe

EPIC BEYOND WORDS OMG. yay a movies coming out :] i hope its a alto x sheyrl end~~
ALL THE WAY
Old 2008-09-26, 19:04   Link #697
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Sir, considering you are posting about your displeasure in the 25th episode thread, may I assume you've watched upto episode 24. If so, as Pinky would say, "Narf!"

You must give this series a closure.

Selfishly speaking, this was a good week. I was thoroughly entertained by the discussion.
Old 2008-09-26, 19:06   Link #698
aneeshadc

@Golthin

Okay, I misunderstood your post, sry abt that. But you are still wrong abt ranka being in the lead before she left for Vajraland. She was only in the lead during ep 1-4 & ep 12-14. Ep 15 put them on an even ground while the rest favoured Sheryl. Ep 21 & 23 were pretty ambiguous. That's what I was trying to get at when I said that sheryl pretty much dominated the LT.

I admit that I am biased towards Sheryl but I dont think my wearing shipper goggles changes the fact that sheryl/alto relationship is more developed than ranka/alto even before ep 18(without playing the dying card since it bothers you so much). You cant deny that Alto & Sheryl have had more moments & knew more abt each other than Ranka & alto ever did. The series supports this; its a fact. The kisses have nothing to do with it, That's just one of the perks of this awesome pairing.

Despite being a neutral shipper, you're always trying to downplay alto & sheryl's relationship ( intentionally or unintentionally, I dont know) by bringing up the dying card in pretty much every one of your posts while completely ignoring that alto & sheryl already have a strong relationship established b/w them. You keep implying that the reason alto loves sheryl now is only because he's impressed at the way she's handling her death while this is not completely true. You're posts make it seem like Sheryl was winning by default, when this is clearly not the case. Your entitled to do this if you want to; I'm merely pointing out why I feel you arent entirely neutral & that you're really making a habit of genaralizing all shippers.

I do agree with you that Alto loves both girls but I do believe that the sheryl/alto moments in the finale clearly shows which girl is ahead in his heart. He acknowledges that they are his wings because he is grateful to both of them for helping him realize his dream.

@ Musuoka

I'm beginning to love that salute b/w them, I've played that scene like more than ten times already. I am so going to start watching SDFM now, since MF is finally over. Then I'll watch frontier again & try to recognize all the homages. Its gonna be so much fun.

Hw many episodes does it have anyway, anyone?

Last edited by aneeshadc; 2008-09-26 at 19:22.
Old 2008-09-26, 19:10   Link #699
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
@ Musuoka

I'm beginning to love that salute b/w them, I've played that scene like more than ten times already. I am so going to start watching SDFM now, sincet MF is finally over. Then I'll watch frontier once again & try to recognize all the homages. Its gonna be so much fun.

Hw many episodes does it have anyway, anyone?
The original had 36, but many of them became afterthoughts and/or fillers due to its popularity.

- Tak

Old 2008-09-26, 19:15   Link #700
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I know that the previous episode haven't been the best but...holy fricking crap this was THE BEST ending episode I could have ever imagined.

I shat bricks sitting through this one, seriously

Simply awesome from an action/drama/adrenaline rush point of view and thankgod Grace turned out to be a worth opponent. HELL YEA!

And it is clear that Alto is getting a threesome

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread