AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-06, 20:22   Link #261
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDin01 View Post
The parents have not played a critical part of the plot for Umi no Misaki so far and I don't really see them being involved in the future.
The issue isn't a non critical part, its the non existent part that has eyebrows raised. We see their grandparents sure, and if the parents had similar roles wouldn't think twice about it. But their complete absence has some people, including myself waiting for the shoe to fall.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 21:20   Link #262
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

Quote:
I just really don't want it to be Shizuku cause I really don't like the whole first girl on the scene wins by default thing.
My exact point any fan of harem manga knows that it is 99.999999% of the time the first girl on the scene who is the winner. All the other girls are just window dressing. I won't argue the merits of this point except to say that all you have to do is check out any harem manga and see it proven true. In this case like many others the winner seems obvious.
Old 2009-04-07, 01:38   Link #263
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for 36:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
The issue isn't a non critical part, its the non existent part that has eyebrows raised. We see their grandparents sure, and if the parents had similar roles wouldn't think twice about it. But their complete absence has some people, including myself waiting for the shoe to fall.
Sacrifices maybe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
My exact point any fan of harem manga knows that it is 99.999999% of the time the first girl on the scene who is the winner. All the other girls are just window dressing. I won't argue the merits of this point except to say that all you have to do is check out any harem manga and see it proven true. In this case like many others the winner seems obvious.
Ichigo 100% perhaps?
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 06:33   Link #264
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDin01 View Post
The parents have not played a critical part of the plot for Umi no Misaki so far and I don't really see them being involved in the future. It would be nice to have a little background on the parents but I'd rather see more developments between the characters.
The back story concerning their parents will be discussed in the next chapter(37).
By the way have anyone caught the extra story ?
Pretty amusing, Soyogi's approach towards courtship through mathematical equation based on logic.(Spock would be proud.)

I also like her comments when shes trying on Karin's outfit.
"It's tight aroung the breast and loose around the waist."
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 13:38   Link #265
Direwolf18

Yea the extra story just apeared in raw format. Was wondering what you meant. Does that count as this weeks manga release or are they completely different. I am never to sure with these specials/bonus chapters.
Old 2009-04-07, 18:26   Link #266
Tri-ring

Quote:
Yea the extra story just apeared in raw format. Was wondering what you meant. Does that count as this weeks manga release or are they completely different. I am never to sure with these specials/bonus chapters.
It was published in an Bi-annual special magazine Animal Island. (On odd months where there is 5 Friday in a month instead of 4)
It will be included in volume 5 but has nothing to do with progress of the story and the episode is considered a stand alone.
Old 2009-04-10, 08:59   Link #267
Tri-ring

Here is Chapter 45 titled "First Night"

Spoiler for Chapter 45:
Old 2009-04-10, 10:32   Link #268
Dark Mage

@Tri-ring, Thanks alot for the spoiler. Now things are heating up and becoming more interesting
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 10:36   Link #269
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

I really wish they would print this in english, i like scans but for my favorites i also like to support the book and it is nice to hold in your hands. Little chance of that though with tokyopop circling the crapper and the economy right with it T_T. I suppose it could get picked up by viz or delrey but i am not gonna hold my breath (ToT)=3
Old 2009-04-10, 14:51   Link #270
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
I really wish they would print this in english, i like scans but for my favorites i also like to support the book and it is nice to hold in your hands. Little chance of that though with tokyopop circling the crapper and the economy right with it T_T. I suppose it could get picked up by viz or delrey but i am not gonna hold my breath (ToT)=3
Yeah I like hard copies too. Like Gil Grissom from CSI said "On the screen you have to lean forward I like to lean back"
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 19:39   Link #271
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
The back story concerning their parents will be discussed in the next chapter(37).
37 has come out and no back story on the parents to be had. Just an explanation on why Soyogi can't cook.
Old 2009-04-16, 22:43   Link #272
demonfang

Wonder what happens if Nagi has to leave the island to take care of something? If the islanders find out who he is, I don't think they're gonna let him leave. Same with the maidens, O_o
demonfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 03:35   Link #273
Dark Mage

But it was pretty funny to see the girls trying to learn about romance from a magazine
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 04:13   Link #274
Tri-ring

Quote:
37 has come out and no back story on the parents to be had. Just an explanation on why Soyogi can't cook.
My mistake, you people already read about (Soyogi and Shizuku's) parents in chapter 36.
I don't know how it was translated in English but entering Priesthood in Japan is written 出家 meaning leaving one's clan or family (to enter and devote one's self into religion) in which the bond between parent and child is broken at that point therefore relationship with parents beyond that point becomes null and void.
That is one of the reason why I for one do not like the translation 巫女 as Maiden unless it used in the most strickest of sense "Maiden as offering to God" which is exactly what they are.
Old 2009-04-17, 07:19   Link #275
Direwolf18

Ahhh ok. Thanks Tri-ring, its a cultural thing that I, and I assume most of us just missed.
Old 2009-04-17, 07:49   Link #276
Arturro

Quote:
I don't know how it was translated in English but entering Priesthood in Japan is written 出家 meaning leaving one's clan or family (to enter and devote one's self into religion) in which the bond between parent and child is broken at that point therefore relationship with parents beyond that point becomes null and void.
That is one of the reason why I for one do not like the translation 巫女 as Maiden unless it used in the most strickest of sense "Maiden as offering to God" which is exactly what they are.
So in short, they are a god (ceremonial) brides, and entering priesthood resembles wedding with a god? In many religions marriage and priesthood are very simmilar. So "maidens" are maidens (virgins) 'cause there is no way for them, to consummate their marriage with god. And so, 'cause Nagi is a Dragon God, he is a legal (religious law, not human) husband of those 3 girls already. Am I right?
Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 08:21   Link #277
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
So in short, they are a god (ceremonial) brides, and entering priesthood resembles wedding with a god? In many religions marriage and priesthood are very simmilar. So "maidens" are maidens (virgins) 'cause there is no way for them, to consummate their marriage with god. And so, 'cause Nagi is a Dragon God, he is a legal (religious law, not human) husband of those 3 girls already. Am I right?
Yup, that very much sums it up.
Remember the basis of the Dragon god/Misaki no Miko belief within this story is an ethnological ritual isolated on an island where the people still holds true to that belief system similar to Tibetian Buddhism believing that each Dali Lama is an reincarnating soul of the original.

One thing I notice that is different is that the madiens are offered as servants in which the dragon god selects one or more as his wife since Nagi's mother once selected as the Misaki no Miko later left the island to marry Nagi's father later to give birth to Nagi. Which I do not understand the dynamics of.
Old 2009-04-17, 08:26   Link #278
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I dont really believe in those kinda mumbo jumbo, but I still support people into doing so, because its actually quite healthy too have something you really believe in.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 08:43   Link #279
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I dont really believe in those kinda mumbo jumbo, but I still support people into doing so, because its actually quite healthy too have something you really believe in.
It's not what you accept or don't accept of other people's religion that really matters you just need to accept that it is their belief.
Although this may be OT but I was watching a TV program about Darwin's theory of evolution and that Angelic Christians still do not accept the theory, makes serious accusation agaisnt people who teaches it and at some schools does not require(prohibits) to teach it.
To a buddhist it doesn't make sense since one of the fundumental teach is that "Every conditioned existence, without exception, is inconstant and in flux, even gods."
Old 2009-04-17, 08:47   Link #280
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
It's not what you accept or don't accept of other people's religion that really matters you just need to accept that it is their belief.
Although this may be OT but I was watching a TV program about Darwin's theory of evolution and that Angelic Christians still do not accept the theory, makes serious accusation agaisnt people who teaches it and at some schools does not require(prohibits) to teach it.
To a buddhist it doesn't make sense since one of the fundumental teach is that "Every conditioned existence, without exception, is inconstant and in flux, even gods."
Indeed, I do support others people believes and religion... except the Westboro Baptist Church.

I just think that if people dont believe in ghosts or aliens, what are the chances for there too be a god?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen