Rainrir
Tin Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^What I find really troubling about the chapter is that:

Spoiler for Magi 164:
Spoiler:

@Rashid

Rashid seems a pretty meh ruler in terms of what he actually did while in power (historically), he is just lucky he was Caliph when his empire was at the height of its power. Regardless, he does have a lionized image in Arabian Nights...well..other than screwing Ja'far over badly.

Last edited by Rainrir; 2012-11-23 at 21:20.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 02:00   Link #684
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
What other forum is that? And in this series Jafar was an assassin who tried to kill Sinbad and instead joined him.
Well, I'm worry about Jafar's end. The real Jafar in history also serve as vizier for Harun al-Rashid, he achieve many great things ( He sponsored the academy which was translating Greek works (including Aristotle) into Arabic, and convinced the Caliph to open the first paper mill in Baghdad (Chinese prisoners from the Battle of Talas in 751 had taught the Caliphate papermaking ) and then he and his whole family got free ticket to hell by Harun al-Rashid ( probably because the Caliph feared that his family, the Barmakids, were becoming too influential. )
Old 2012-11-25, 07:17   Link #685
Lummie

I suppose this might end with Titus...

Spoiler for 164:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 09:11   Link #686
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post

Spoiler for 164:
Thankfully Aladdin is far more mature for his age (most of the time anyway).
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 10:20   Link #687
Rainrir
Tin Can

Spoiler:

Last edited by Rainrir; 2012-11-25 at 10:37.
Old 2012-11-25, 14:17   Link #688
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:

Spoiler for 164:
This speculation is horrifying. Please stop.
Old 2012-11-25, 14:42   Link #689
ellifeedn
Thinker

I know I should be focusing on the newest chapter, but I wanted to put down this bunch of ideas I came up with while I still remember them. This is all speculation, but the first part has the ideas that are based on evidence while the second part has ideas that are baseless. Now then:

Part One:
1) Balbadd obviously takes some inspiration from Baghdad, but I think it also takes inspiration from Istanbul/Constantinople (minus the religious parts).

2) Hinohoho is said to be from the extreme North. That brings to mind Scandinavia, and the possibility that he is a Viking.

3) I've been wondering what the Partevia Empire is an equivalent of. Based on how it went to war with Magnoshutatt (European equivalent), it must close enough to send soldiers. Thus I've concluded that it is based on the Russian Empire.

Part Two:

1) Al Sarmen, the evil organization of this series, is operating out of Japan.

2) Aladdin or someone will organize the people of the 5th district and have them sing a soul-moving song (like Hallelujah). This will cause Mogamett (or whatever the #&^$ his name is) and his cronies to see normal people in a different light. They won't immediately give up their racist views, but will act less harshly towards them.

(Again, this is speculation.)
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 15:06   Link #690
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
1) Balbadd obviously takes some inspiration from Baghdad, but I think it also takes inspiration from Istanbul/Constantinople (minus the religious parts).
Because they have similar names? I can see Istanbul due to the two cities having similar geography but that's about it as far as I'm aware...

Quote:
3) I've been wondering what the Partevia Empire is an equivalent of. Based on how it went to war with Magnoshutatt (European equivalent), it must close enough to send soldiers. Thus I've concluded that it is based on the Russian Empire.
Looking at Drakon's human form clothing...it actually looks like Egyptian clothes (the Partevia Empire and the Heliohapt Kingdom are actually close).

But the location of the countries in the world has nothing to do with the real world empire they are based on...if I remember correctly the Kou Empire is right above the Leam Empire and Magnoshutatt is right west of Leam.

Quote:
1) Al Sarmen, the evil organization of this series, is operating out of Japan.
Wait...what? Where did you get this one from?

Quote:
2) Aladdin or someone will organize the people of the 5th district and have them sing a soul-moving song (like Hallelujah). This will cause Mogamett (or whatever the #&^$ his name is) and his cronies to see normal people in a different light. They won't immediately give up their racist views, but will act less harshly towards them.
Seriously hope this doesn't happen cause this is just a bad...a very very bad way of resolving the situation.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 15:30   Link #691
shalala

If that is the case for Titus then that would suck.
Spoiler for for 164:
Also the The Adventures of Sinbad would have Yunan in it. So maybe we will learn more about the Dungeons and more about him. (HE is such a cutie XD).

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-11-29 at 09:32.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 15:35   Link #692
Awrya
U mad?

164 is out, nice read.

For some reason I think they're not slowing Marga's illness, but instead dulling her sense of pain. I just can't imagine that someone who had a weak constitution because of that disease, would be so active after just one session.

Sprinthus can cook? Reminds me of Hakuryuu.

Titus joins Mogamett's side, the last page was really well done. It really reminded me of Anakin Skywalker joining Palpatine.
Old 2012-11-25, 16:02   Link #693
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
164 is out, nice read.

For some reason I think they're not slowing Marga's illness, but instead dulling her sense of pain. I just can't imagine that someone who had a weak constitution because of that disease, would be so active after just one session.

Sprinthus can cook? Reminds me of Hakuryuu.

Titus joins Mogamett's side, the last page was really well done. It really reminded me of Anakin Skywalker joining Palpatine.
I wonder if she has been getting the treatment off screen as well. As she did say it does not hurt any more soo that could imply that it has been going for some time and thus no long hurts as much as it did before.

I also agree on the last page maybe some more crying would also been good. But seeing how Mogamett seems to know what is happening to him. I would assume he has made some plan in case Titus came to him for help.

I wonder if Sprinthus would join Aladdin and co. He can cook and is great a using healing magic which would come in handy if Mor uses too much Magoi and goes all blah like the first time she used her Household Vessel. Plus he is funny and I wouldn't mind if we got to hear more of his back story. Also the fact that he got a pet snake.

Anyone know how long it takes for the moderators to approve of a comment as one view on what 164 could have been about hasn't gone up .
Old 2012-11-25, 16:58   Link #694
marvelB

Quote:

Spoiler for 164:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
This speculation is horrifying. Please stop.

As horrifying as it may be, I actually find that plausible. Frankly, Titus is already becoming something like a "Cassim 2.0" of sorts in my eyes.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 17:12   Link #695
shalala

Quote:
As horrifying as it may be, I actually find that plausible. Frankly, Titus is already becoming something like a "Cassim 2.0" of sorts in my eyes.....
Why do you think he is turning into Cassim 2.0?
Old 2012-11-25, 17:13   Link #696
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Wait...what? Where did you get this one from?
My mind comes up with all sorts of ideas, some good and some bad. But sometimes I get ideas so outlandish that I have to share with everyone the craziness of it. In hindsight I should probably stop spending so much time in the Toaru sub-forum; too much crazy for my own good .
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 18:01   Link #697
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Scheherazade....just what are you thinking....

I honestly can't see any good end for Marga at all as well. A real pity
Old 2012-11-25, 19:20   Link #698
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

I could see Titus merging with Marga to "Stay with her forever." If Marga has Titus rukh, does that automatically make her a strong magician?
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 19:54   Link #699
Rainrir
Tin Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
It is really involved if the ritual just dulls her pain, with its huge magical formation and number of mages involved. I don't think Moganett would deliberately lie to Titus on what they can do, that will seem kind of OOC.

Quote:
I think Titus has plenty of reason to curse his fate if he was created just to die after a while, though I wouldn't really call him Cassim 2.0 (in that case Dunya would be Cassim 2.0 and Titus would be Cassim 3.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshipw View Post
I could see Titus merging with Marga to "Stay with her forever." If Marga has Titus rukh, does that automatically make her a strong magician?
That's about the only way Marga can survive this arc....Though at this stage it seems the "EVERYONE DIES HAPPILY TOGETHER" is highly likely... T_T
Old 2012-11-25, 20:20   Link #700
Yaskaleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Looking at Drakon's human form clothing...it actually looks like Egyptian clothes (the Partevia Empire and the Heliohapt Kingdom are actually close).

But the location of the countries in the world has nothing to do with the real world empire they are based on...if I remember correctly the Kou Empire is right above the Leam Empire and Magnoshutatt is right west of Leam.
Magnoshutatt is east of Laem empire and west of Kou empire.

Laem - sea - Magnoshutatt --------- Kou
| - - |
Patevia - sea - aktia
- - |
sea
|
|
|
Sindria
Ch 121 page 11 shows a simple map

Edit:
Anyone who has a good map over the Magi world?
Yaskaleh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen